• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johnson & Johnson ordered to pay man $8bn over... breast growth

llien

US drug firm Johnson & Johnson has been told to pay $8bn (£6.6bn) in punitive damages to a man over claims he was not warned that an antipsychotic drug could lead to breast growth.
A Philadelphia jury made the award to Nicholas Murray, 26, whose case was one of thousands pending in the state.
His lawyers argued that J&J subsidiary Janssen put "profits over patients" in marketing the drug Risperdal.
J&J will appeal the ruling, which it said was "grossly disproportionate".

BBC

Could someone elaborate how court comes up with these exorbitant figures?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Finally, a way to get ResetEra members to seek help.
You are thinking small time flat Samus

wFGouSr.png

iconmaster

Banned
Eight billion? He should get something, but... wow. How big were these breasts? I'd expect at least an I-cup at that amount.

Last edited:

jts

...hate me...
$8bn is an offense to everyone being wronged everyday by one thing or another and getting jack shit for it.

Maybe some of it will kick back to the judge, it’s the only explanation I find.

NickFire

US drug firm Johnson & Johnson has been told to pay $8bn (£6.6bn) in punitive damages to a man over claims he was not warned that an antipsychotic drug could lead to breast growth.
A Philadelphia jury made the award to Nicholas Murray, 26, whose case was one of thousands pending in the state.
His lawyers argued that J&J subsidiary Janssen put "profits over patients" in marketing the drug Risperdal.
J&J will appeal the ruling, which it said was "grossly disproportionate".

BBC

Could someone elaborate how court comes up with these exorbitant figures?

Juries are unpredictable, and often comprise of people with no legal training who may not have even finished high school. It sounds extremely unlikely a judge would order these kind of damages, and I would put my money on the judge reducing the award substantially on motion.

Iorv3th

How much does the pill cost versus implants and what are the results like? Maybe J&J can start selling these to women.

Top Bottom