- Platform: PlayStation 3
- Developer: CyberConnect2
- Release Date: April 25th, 2014 (EU)/April 29th, 2014 (NA)
- Duwang: Beautiful
HAHAHAHAHA! THE ONE WHO MADE THIS THREAD WASN'T SCRAFTYDEVIL, IT WAS ME, DIO!
This is what you humans might call a "3D fighting game," developed by the worms over at CyberConnect 2. It is based on the epic ongoing tale of the puny members of the Joestar lineage and their encounters with me, the great Dio! There are 34 playable characters in the game; a pointless waste of time on the developer's part as only one character is truly needed: Dio! Thankfully, two different versions of me are selectable for those who want to experience two times the majesty.
The different modes of play are as follows:
- Story Mode, for those who wish to experience the first seven parts of my grand legacy! New characters, including me, Dio, are unlocked through this mode.
- Arcade Mode, for those who wish to skip right to the combat and engage 8 computer-controlled foes to earn gold for use in the Gallery Shop!
- Campaign Mode, for those who wish to unlock new costumes, taunts, poses, and other customization items for me by defeating difficult bosses. I, Dio, have instilled an arbitrary time limit system upon this mode, not unlike the one found in the bane of all humans: social games! Fighting bosses depletes an energy bar, which refills automatically over time. For the less patient and more zealous, I have created a fair and reasonable compromise: additional energy charges can be purchased through microtransactions!
- Versus Mode, for those who wish to pit one version of me against the other in combat, be it online or with a local ally!
- Customize Mode, for those who wish to change my taunts, poses, win quotes, or other such trifles, as well as customize their Player Card and Vision (ghost data that can be fought by other players online).
- Gallery Mode, for those who wish to view the great Dio's majesty in closer detail! This mode also includes a Gallery Shop in which the gold won from various game modes can be used to purchase 3D models, 2D artwork, theme songs and bits of trivia. All of Dio, of course.
As mentioned before, the only two characters worth playing in this game are the two different versions of me, Dio! However, I shall provide a full list so that the gap in power between me and these pitiful monkeys can be made more apparent. Characters who fight with the aid of Stands such as I, Dio, shall have their Stand indicated in parentheses following their name.
Part 1: Phantom Blood
Jonathan Joestar, Will A. Zeppeli, Dio Brando
Part 2: Battle Tendency
Joseph Joestar, Caesar A. Zeppeli, Wamoo, Esidisi, Kars
Part 3: Stardust Crusaders
Jotaru Kujo (Star Platinum), Noriaki Kakyoin (Hierophant Green), Jean-Pierre Eiffel (Silver Chariot), Mohammed Avdol (Magician's Red), Hol Horse (Emperor), DIO Brando (ZA WARUDO)
Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable
Josuke Higashikata (Shining Diamond), Okuyasu Nijimura (The Hand), Koichi Hirose (Reverb), Rohan Kishibe (Heaven's Door), Akira Otoshi (Chili Pepper), Yoshikage Kira (Deadly Queen)
Part 5: Vento Aureo
Giorno Giovanna (Golden Wind), Bruno Buccellati (Zipper Man), Narancia Ghirga (L'il Bomber), Guido Mista (Six Pistols), Diavolo (Emperor Crimson)
Part 6: Stone Ocean
Jolyne Kujo (Stone Ocean), Hermes Costello (Smack), Father Pucci (Pale Snake)
Part 7: Steel Ball Run
Johnny Joestar (Tusk), Gyro Zeppeli (Ball Breaker), Valentine (Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price)
Part 8: JoJolion
Josuke "Four-Balls" Higashikata (Soft & Wet)
There are also 9 additional characters who were unable to handle the majesty of I, Dio, and so shall join the fight at a later date as "Downloadable Content." These characters are as follows:
Lisa Lisa, Old Joseph Joestar (Hermit Purple), Iggy (The Fool), Cool Ice (Cream), Shigekyo Yangu (Harvest), Ex-Kira (Deadly Queen), Pannacotta Fugo (Purple Smoke), Narc Anastasia (Diver Down), Baoh
I, Dio understand that the names of some of the characters who appear in my tale are known by different name to those of you from North America. Here is a comprehensive list of all of these so-called "localizations," dubious as their quality may be:
Now go, my peons! Go and consume the competition like so many pieces of bread!
Special thanks to the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Wiki for the list of name changes!
GAF Player List:
Username - Main(s) - PSN Name
ScraftyDevil - Josuke 4/Okuyasu - emeraldphoenix7