• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle |OT| Diamond is Not Crazy

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone the best way to activate Rush Mode with 1 person & two controllers? I tried Jotaro & Josuke but couldn't time it correctly.

...there we go, used Johnny since he had an Rush Mode attack that was delayed long enough for me to make Jotaro do his.

Anyone the best way to activate Rush Mode with 1 person & two controllers? I tried Jotaro & Josuke but couldn't time it correctly.

From what I've heard, Requiem!Giorno's MUDAMUDAMUDA vs. Jolyne's rapid kick move is the best way to go, since the former lasts literally 4 full seconds and the latter has some decent range on it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, forgot Giorno's MUDAMUDA lasted a while, especially since I just did Gold Experience Requiem in a previous fight along with Kars.

Think I'll do Campaign again for a bit, then save Part 3's story for tomorrow or so. Also, there a way to stop making the info appear before you enter a mode each time you start the game up?

Also, there a way to stop making the info appear before you enter a mode each time you start the game up?

Turn off tutorials in the display options.

Edit:

There's tons of things to unlock? This game will be the death of me.

Alternate costumes, color schemes, "SFX" to customize taunts and such with. As for alternates, I think there are
18 costumes in Campaign 1.

I feel you. What kills me is that the alt costumes don't get unlocked until you completely beat the boss. Which sucks when they have 4500 health. Thank god they reduced the charge time to 2 minutes.

Love doing the pre/post battery charge trick , makes taking down the 3 star bosses pretty easy.

I hope to Christ we get Baoh. The anime changed my life when I was like, 8. So playing as him in a game has kinda been this weird dream I've had since then.

*crosses fingers*

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We're getting him, he was listed on the fight-with-style.com site, not to mention "41 characters" is on the back of the box, which his inclusion totals 41 playable characters with all DLC.

Also, this is weird. I got the trophy for getting hit by all the battleground gimmicks....but not the one for setting them off. Does my character have to be the one that does it?

If people want to see what they have to look forward to with the colours and costumes here are videos of the first four campaigns from the Japanese version. The fifth video hasn't been completed yet.

Campaign 1 - Kira and Shigechi
Campaign 2 - Fugo and Iggy
Campaign 3 - Old Joseph and Lisa Lisa
Campaign 4 - Vanilla Ice and Annasui
Keep in mind that there's a chance this order could be different since Campaign 2 in NA/EU is going to be Old Joseph(and Lisa Lisa?).

We're getting him, he was listed on the fight-with-style.com site, not to mention "41 characters" is on the back of the box, which his inclusion totals 41 playable characters with all DLC.

Also, this is weird. I got the trophy for getting hit by all the battleground gimmicks....but not the one for setting them off. Does my character have to be the one that does it?

Yeah, you might have to trip them yourself.

And thanks for the Baoh hype. Hope he has his needle hair. :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If it excites you more, BAOH HAS A LASER CANNON.

& weird, it now unlocked for me after making Weather Report rain frogs, yet I know I didn't make my character be the one to activate the gimmick on the stages from Parts 7 & 8. I think I heard some people had issue getting that stage to register for some reason. But oh well. Now I just need the story mode trophies for Part 3 & beyond, 50 secret missions, and some more character-specific ones after I unlock more.

Vanilla Ice is my personal favorite DLC character. He's got such a simple moveset but he's so strong, plus Cream is handled differently than other stands. I should probably buy Baoh on the JPN PSN sometime so I have everything...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
This game's netcode is total ass, but I'm still having fun playing online anyway. Liking Jonathan (he seems to be the best for laggy matches) and Jolyne the most so far.

In the last match I played online, I ran away when the timer was hitting the last few seconds and won with little more energy. My opponent sent me the message "youuuuu turtle!" to which I replied, "Joestar ultimate attack!" Felt fitting. XD

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Out of all the protagonists I played so far, I like using Jonathan the most.

Joseph for me, he's the first character I really felt a decent understand of, and managed to get into the groove of using Puttsun Cancel with his basic Clacker attack.

I'm still in the button mashing & "wow, pretty colours" phase so I haven't really sat down to pick a main, but I'm having a lot of fun with Jolyne.

I think I'll stick with her until the best character ever DLC gets released, then it'll be all Iggy, all the time.

I'm probably gonna main Josuke and Okuyasu since they're my favourite characters in the series, but I might also dabble in DIO and Bruno since finishing matches with ROAD ROLLER DA or ARRIVEDERCI is too good a prospect to pass up.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm still in the button mashing & "wow, pretty colours" phase so I haven't really sat down to pick a main, but I'm having a lot of fun with Jolyne.

I think I'll stick with her until the best character ever DLC gets released, then it'll be all Iggy, all the time.

I wanted to main Mista or Narancia, but I think they're way above my skill level. :(

Even Bruno who's more of a normal fighting character still seems a bit too complex for me. In fact I'm having a tougher time using the Stand Characters as opposed to the Ripple Users.

Arrivederci is the best GHA in the game.

I love the part at the beginning where Bruno and Sticky Fingers do a little dance as they sink into the zipper.

jgminto

I wanted to main Mista or Narancia, but I think they're way above my skill level. :(

Even Bruno who's more of a normal fighting character still seems a bit too complex for me. In fact I'm having a tougher time using the Stand Characters as opposed to the Ripple Users.

Narancia is really difficult to use, yeah. His Aerosmith control is crazy. Bruno is great though. Really easy to use once you get used to him.

Morris

Disco Devil
Anyone know how to unlock gappy?

Also Kakyoin and Rohan are serious ass. They were the only 2 characters I wanted to play :(

jgminto

Anyone know how to unlock gappy?

Also Kakyoin and Rohan are serious ass. They were the only 2 characters I wanted to play :(

You need to beat all the story modes to unlock Jo2uke. And I'd say Kakyoin is pretty good, he's pretty much the best projectile character in the game, it's just that his combos suck.

edit: lol I haven't seen this one

tumblr_n4tn0qycXR1qecd9qo1_500.jpg

What could it mean?

Major B.S.

Neo Member
Just a heads up, you can probably buy copies of Jojo at your local indie game store if you don't want to buy online. Just check around, I'm sure you'll run into one. ;)

Astarte

You need to beat all the story modes to unlock Jo2uke. And I'd say Kakyoin is pretty good, he's pretty much the best projectile character in the game, it's just that his combos suck.

edit: lol I haven't seen this one

tumblr_n4tn0qycXR1qecd9qo1_500.jpg

What could it mean?

"It's"

Bamco please

I really wish Valentine wasn't ass. I heard he got some (really) stealth buffs in the American version of the game, but it isn't enough to really give him the tools he needs to be viable.

leehom

Started campaign mode. What's the point of this other than to unlock some minor stuff? The energy bar thing is retarded.

Astarte

I'd call FF a she. Even if she's a sentient blob of plankton.

That dojyaaan tho...so good

I call FF a she too, but that apostrophe :[
Dojyaaaan is damn good, but geez Valentine is making himself hard to love.

Started campaign mode. What's the point of this other than to unlock some minor stuff? The energy bar thing is retarded.

Well all you do is unlock taunts, victory screen quotes, colors, and costumes in campaign mode. I might be in the minority here, but I like the energy bar. It levels out my playtime so I don't blow through everything at once; this makes victory so much sweeter once you unlock that one costume you've always wanted (or when you slap the shit out of Baoh).

jgminto

I call FF a she too, but that apostrophe :[
Dojyaaaan is damn good, but geez Valentine is making himself hard to love.

I think Valentine is the character where it's important to get the corpse parts. I think he gets the best bonuses from it, iirc. He can also get full health back for 3 bars but can't use meter after, I've never actually seen it done though.

Volcynika

I played a bit last night (did some Campaign mode and beat Part 1 in the Story), seems fun. Still deciding who I want to play as. Kinda messed around with Joylene a bit.

Astarte

I think Valentine is the character where it's important to get the corpse parts. I think he gets the best bonuses from it, iirc. He can also get full health back for 3 bars but can't use meter after, I've never actually seen it done though.

Yeah, but he needs the corpse parts to be decent lol. The other characters don't need as much work to be good; Valentine is scrambling around for corpse parts while other characters just knock him down to remove all of the hard work he had to do to get those. I don't think I've seen anyone use Valentine's level 3 either, but Jonathan's level 1 is way more useful and it gives him a perma rad buff (until he bites the dust of course).

jgminto

Valentine's clone divekick move is pretty great, I think that's quarter-circle back attack without stand. His worst ability is probably when he hides in the flag, it doesn't really serve much purpose. His pistol isn't great but it's one of the better ranged attack from a primarily close range stand, much better than DIO's knife throw.

Top Bottom