• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle |OT| Diamond is Not Crazy

Caj814

Bad news: the game wasn't delivered while I was out today, meaning I won't have it until tomorrow at the very earliest.

Good news: THIS magnificent sunnuvagun was waiting for me instead!

Bm6D3bHIAAA0-v4.jpg

That's a crazy accurate Shining Diamond

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Keep playing Campaign & hope you earn a medal to unlock a costume for a character you like. It's gonna be a pain once more Campaign DLC is added since it adds a ton more taunts, colors, costumes, etc.

petran79

Banned
were there any changes in the western release regarding singers, bands and copyright?

Eg in part 5 one guy's stand was named Aerosmith.

Also they didnt include Vanilla Ice for obvious reasons.

Eusis

were there any changes in the western release regarding singers, bands and copyright?
There's a whole list of them somewhere.

Hell, someone didn't recognize a character's name up there because he got renamed from Polnareff to Eiffel.

Tizoc

Eg in part 5 one guy's stand was named Aerosmith.

Also they didnt include Vanilla Ice for obvious reasons.

Aerosmith got renamed to Lil' Bomber

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, so basically it refills 1 portion after every match. Guess the JPN version never got the update to lower the charge time.

Well, got my first platinum. Pretty hyped to grab campaign 2 tomorrow. First fighter in a long, long time to grab me this hard. So much style! :D

So when does the next dlc character go up for sale? Is there a schedule or is it just random? New episode of the Walking Dead game is this week, too. So much to play!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So when does the next dlc character go up for sale? Is there a schedule or is it just random? New episode of the Walking Dead game is this week, too. So much to play!
Today will have Old Joseph, Lisa Lisa, and Baoh for $2 each. Campaign 2 will be up as well.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Think it's worth noting that the DLC Campaign opens up playable Campaigns 2 through 5 with the installation. That's a LOT of stuff to fight for! Also makes additional character fightable in Story / Campaign modes that aren't even available for personal Download yet, such as "Cool" Ice.

BALBALBALBALBAL.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So it's pretty much the rest of the campaign updates that Japan got with one download? Well that's nice. Now it's just waiting for the rest of the DLC characters to arrive.

Edit: Yup, started downloading it & it says "Campaign6(DLC2)", so I guess Namco just decided to release all of it at once instead of spreading it out.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Is there actually a 6th campaign, though? Or is there 1 - 5?

This stuff is going to take a LOT of time to get through. Joylene has mountains of costumes... guess I'm stuck with that silly skirt for Hermes, though :(

Love how I'm only 41 cent away from buying LisaLisa, ha. Will have her by the evening, but still, so close to not having to buy any more PSN credit for at least another week!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pretty sure there was only 5. 1st was Kira/Shige, 2nd was Fugo/Iggy, 3rd was Old Joseph/Lisa Lisa, 4th was Vanilla Ice/Anasui, & 5th was Baoh.

....maybe it's a brand new 6th one that adds Strohiem/Weather Report/Diego!
*sigh*

Also Namco said the campaign pack "includes items for those who pre-ordered via PSN (Johnny SP Costume D)."

Just got back and I grabbed the characters and the campaign stuffs. Played as Baoh and Lisa Lisa just to see their move sets. Oh yes, this game is delightful. Heh. Can't wait to unlock all 79 costumes. :D

Edit:

I just learned the Western version even has an arcade mode. Wtf man? I regret importing.

That's weak that it doesn't have one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just learned the Western version even has an arcade mode. Wtf man? I regret importing.
Yeah, it was added to the US version, no word on if Japan will get it. Though I haven't even touched it since I've been busy with Story & now Campaign.

tumblr_n5j832QUFv1rg54u2o1_1280.jpg

i would sell my soul right now in exchange for namco going out of business and never making another video game ever again
I laughed harder than I should at that.

Just about cleaned up Campaign 2, only a few more costumes until it's time for 3. I know a few cats around here hate unlockable characters and such in a fighter but I really, really love the way they did it here.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Fugo tomorrow!

Is it me, or are the newer campaigns...easier? I always seem to get the Boss or the Cairo Informant every time I play it. And I'm getting luckier with drops, too.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Fugo is weird. Barely did anything in Part 5 but got in the game. Would've liked the operative guy more.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Fugo tomorrow!

Is it me, or are the newer campaigns...easier? I always seem to get the Boss or the Cairo Informant every time I play it. And I'm getting luckier with drops, too.

I had about the same rate with them eventually, but at first, I found them a lot harder to get through, as I had a lot more chains of Simply Avatars, and no bosses.

Now I've started to get more Janken and Back-to-Back Cairo Informants...

Baoh's level of HP is nuts, however! I thought 7,500 was bad. 15,000?! ....

Am I a bad person for not being able to get past the fact that this game is 30FPS?

I really did not like the demo.

Eh, it's a bit slower to respond than many other fighters... but I feel like I get new ways to play around and extend combos daily. I personally love the presentation (The scratchy pencil lines used for shades come out better here than in most others that try this form of "manga-shading"), and the game feels so much more like a legit, albeit different fighter, than anything else CC2 has done.

The demo really clicked for me as a *game* once I learned about things like Stand Rush, Stand Cancel, EX moves on Hamon Style, and meter-management in general. So much very character specific tools, tactics, and overall feel, that I findit very fun to bounce aroiund and play different people all the time. And the game itself seems to do a pretty poor job of teaching you how to use any of those features.

After skipping Baoh last week, I'm downloading all three of today's characters. I'm really intrigued to see how they handle Fugo since he only had one battle in Vento Aureo and he didn't even really do anything in it. Annasui also appeals to me because Diver Down is one of my favourite Stands in the series.

Vanilla Ice is totally gonna be my training dummy, even though no amount of beatings I dish out will make me get over what he did :'(

Thoughts on this batch of DLC characters:

Fugo is tons of fun to play. His virus mechanic is neat and gives him a really strong neutral game, and his specials, while a tad vanilla, offer some fun tools and great references to the manga (I laughed out loud the first time I used the fork he stabbed Narancia with).

Anasui is probably my favourite of the batch. Diver Down plays just as I had hoped, and his interestingly unique moveset allows for some great mind games and mixups. His HHA's slow startup and bland "just punch them a whole bunch" animation leaves a bit to be desired, but his stellar GHA makes up for it.

I found Vanilla Ice to be rather boring, honestly. His non-Stand specials were just a shoryuken and a rush punch, while all of Cream's moves were too visually and mechanically similar to wow me. His HHA and GHA are both awesome (it's so nice to finally have a grab HHA), but they're not really enough to make up for the rest of his character in my opinion. Still, one so-so character out of three isn't bad at all!

Next week is going to be epic. I plan on maining Iggy super hard, and Kira is sure to make a certain other poster very, very happy ;)

Top Bottom