• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Auctopus

Watching you all gain excitement before having your hopes dashed within hours nearly every two days...

It can't be good for your hearts.

C5RAz4WVYAA0Jza.jpg

My "Not so Quiet" Life - Episode 1

Also my good friend just brought up an interesting thought - at the end of the SHA arc, couldn't Josuke have just healed Kira's hand on backwards, and immediately identified him (as Kawajiri) that way? (Josuke was quite angry during that time after all, so it could have been managed)

well, that episode was outsourced

so quite decent chance that they didn't have reference sheets

I'm sure David Production would have sent the relevant design references to any animation studios they were subcontracting out to. That would be expected. But when you're very crunched for time and trying to coordinate amongst a bunch of different people and companies, it's easy for mistakes and oversights to happen.

There's this thing with the 2011 Hunter x Hunter anime wherein the main character's hair gets slightly shorter later on - about halfway through the show.

From that point, you could tell if an episode is outsourced whenever his hair suddenly pokes out longer.

Philippo

I love what they did with the hair on the back, going for 1:1 fidelity lol

To be honest, i find all the cast pretty good imho (except maybe Keicho and Yukako).

Betty

Banned
I don't honestly think you can get closer to the manga/anime look outside of going CGI so I think it look really good.

Pompadour

So are we betting on death note level of CG crappyness here?

'Least they got the look as right as they can.

I don't want CG stands. I want models in costume and heavy make up. They are mostly humanoid, anyway.

CG enhanced would be much more preferable.

jett

D-Member
Are these live action anime movies successful enough to warrant so many of them? They all look so awful.

Supposedly the Kenshin ones aren't too bad but I didn't really like the first one either. Someone once put it accurately: all these movies look like it stars people playing around in cosplay.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
by the way, Wammu is currently a bull and Josuke is currently a golden mechanical lifeform in the current Sentai

This... just doesn't work in live action.

Unless you somehow get actual bodybuilders that can act to fill the roles.

part 4 gang aren't really swole tho

Pompadour

This... just doesn't work in live action.

Unless you somehow get actual bodybuilders that can act to fill the roles.

I'm not sure anyone expects this to "work" in live action but it will hopefully be weird and fun (and Miike directing is a good sign). The CG stands will look like shit, though, so they hopefully keep them to a minimum.

I'm a broken record on this but actual people in make up seems like a smarter, more economical decision. They shouldn't look like characters in a sentai show but the Silent Hill movie, although bad overall, nailed the looks of the monsters. And that was achieved by hiring models and dancers, slathering them in make up, and touching them up with CG.

Plus, I've never been a fan of when Stands look ethereal. They're way creepier/cooler when they are just suddenly "there" and look corporeal. Fading in/out makes them seem like generic ghosts.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Are those manga spoilers dude?

Well by series standards no. Jotaro is a hulk still.

I thought Jotaro was slimmed down in Part 4

also no, voice actors

Wammu's VA, Akio Ohtsuka (who also did Solid Snake), is this guy

ceWifhm.png

Josuke's VA, Yuki Ono, is this guy

hplNVAI.png

Oh and video game Rohan Kishibe's VA, Hiroshi Kamiya, is this guy

eUWPZ3K.gif

Top Bottom