• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

I might agree with that, but Roundabout isn't even the best track on Fragile.

edit: Actually no, popping in my Fragile cd again after a while, Roundabout is better than Holy Diver. Can't beat dat Yes bass.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yes, basically all important characters and I believe all stands are named for a band/musician in some way or another.

It goes...

Part 1, 2, 3, and 7 characters = music references

First Set of Part 3 Stands = Tarot and Egyptian Cards

The rest of the Stands = music references

Part 5 characters = random Italian words, mostly food

Part 6 characters = fashion brands

Part 4 and Part 8 have the characters have what I assume are normal Japanese names, and I've never seen anything about those names being derived from Japanese musicians or anything.

Tizoc

for the OP you can just have little brief descriptions about the cast

Well I could post the name of those 4 characters under the GIF with small descriptions about them, and that'd be it. Again I don't want to reveal a lot just for the sake of the few who are going in from the previous anime being their only/primary exposure to JoJo.

EDIT: Here's the update one what do you think, just waiting for a banner and i'll put it up.

Introduction
The bizarre adventures of the Joestar family continues in this animated adaptation of the 3rd Part of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure; Stardust Crusaders.
Part 3 stars Kujo Jotaro who must travel with his Grandfather Joseph Joestar and a ragtag team of like fabulous people to Egypt in order to save his mother, Holly, from the unfortunate effects of the awakening of her Stand.
Part 3 is the most popular and more known of the JoJo series due to its introduction of Stands, which bestow upon their Users abilities and super powers. Outside Japan, it became popular thanks to Capcom releasing the Part 3 fighting game to the west on the PSX and Dreamcast.
The anime is set to be at 26 episodes long, and the studio has aimed to make it as action packed as the manga. The OP (Intro song) is titled Stand Proud by Jin Hashimoto.

The fashion models of this bizarre adventure
tumblr_inline_n2tjsto7bW1r53rlu.gif

Kujo Jotaro is the star of this Part and is voiced by Daisuke Ono. At the start of this Part he jails himself out of worry of the evil spirit that possesses him.

Joseph Joestar, the main character from Part 2 returns as a badass Indiana Jones grandpa, and is voiced by Unshō Ishizuka.

Narioki Kakyoin, a schoolmate of Jotaro who joins the team to help save Holly. He is voiced by Daisuke Hirakawa.

Moh’d Abdul/Avdol is an acquaintance of Joseph, who traveled to Japan with him in order to get Jotaro out of jail and reveal the true nature of the evil spirit Jotaro was suspicious of.

Impressions from Part 3 first time GAFfers

Regarding Spoilers
Much like the Hunter x Hunter and previous JoJo anime threads, please keep all spoilers from the manga to a minimum as much as possible in this thread. If you want to talk more about the JoJo series, feel free to join us at the JoJo OT in Community

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*re-watches Part 2 anime again*

I still can't believe Stroheim, a cyborg nazi Guile with a chest cannon, didn't make it into All-Star Battle as a playable character. Man, I sure hope him (& Weather Report) make it in for the sequel or whatever.

Watch Da Birdie

Kakyoin wasn't actually Jotaro's schoolmate right? I thought he just showed up in a school uniform to take out Jotaro.

I think he was an exchange student, which is why he has a different uniform...in Japan it's customary to wear your old uniform during your first year, I believe.

True, I still find it hard to believe he's "17"

Don't forget in the first chapters of Phantom Blood Jonathan's 12 but is built like a tank.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

I still can't believe Stroheim, a cyborg nazi Guile with a chest cannon, didn't make it into All-Star Battle as a playable character. Man, I sure hope him (& Weather Report) make it in for the sequel or whatever.

Game would lag whenever he shouts his name.

Gazoinks

Yeah, there are a few characters I'm really disappointed didn't make it into ASB (Stroheim, WR, and Diego being the main ones). Part 6 & 7 kind of got shafted on playables.

Watch Da Birdie

Abbachio being the only non-playable member of Giorno's gang pisses me off.

He could've made a cool "mimic" character with Moody Blues.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm also hoping the ending to part 3 is still Roundabout. They could do this awesome ending collage showcasing parts 1, 2, and 3 with that song and it'd be so epic.

Watch Da Birdie

I'm also hoping the ending to part 3 is still Roundabout. They could do this awesome ending collage showcasing parts 1, 2, and 3 with that song and it'd be so epic.

It'd probably work better thematically with Part 4, but they're really missing the mark if none of the series use Stand By Me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Crunchyroll selling Jojo figures now too. I've been wanting that Soft & Wet figure for a while, might actually get it now.
Is it just me, or is it weird seeing some of the names unchanged after all the altered names in All-Star Battle? Like, Polnareff is still the same & I'm sure names that'll be changed like Aerosmith is there as well. Is it because it ships from Japan or something?

Though damn that Stroheim one is cool....& expensive.

jgminto

I'm getting the feeling that the ASB translation is just something to get it out and won't necessarily apply to any later Jojo stuff. And yeah the Stroheim figure turned out great.

Tizoc

This fucking manga GAF

STILL GOTTA POSE TO EXPLAIN SHIT!

Reading JoJo Part 4 past the Enigma part, made it to the 2 part where Hayato discovers Kira, and man...
HE HAD A RECORDER HIDDEN UNDERNEATH THE SOAP ON HIS FOOT?!
THIS MANGA GAF, THIS FUCKING MANGA!

jgminto

I want to see if they keep the height changes when Koichi beats dudes in Part 4. I think that's his true Stand power.

Also I'm so excited for The Invincible Trio translation to finish, it's so close now!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think the funny part is, in the close up on his shoes, his right leg is over his left, but in the full body shot, his left leg is over his right.

In between a single panel Rohan decided to switch the position of his legs.

So fabulous.

Tizoc

I think the funny part is, in the close up on his shoes, his right leg is over his left, but in the full body shot, his left leg is over his right.

In between a single panel Rohan decided to switch the position of his legs.

So fabulous.

...I just now noticed how his shoe's zipper goes up to his pants/trousers.
How on earth would he be able to put it on or take it off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom