• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT PART 2| How many threads have you opened in your life?

cntr

Banned
Fun fact: at an hour, the Requiem in D minor is the longest song referenced in all of Jojo.

...ok not really that fun, but just something I thought about when making the Jojo playlists.

(The second longest is Tubular Bells, clocking in at about 48 minutes.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I got my Bluray delayed on Amazon. It now shows that it will arrive from August 8th to the 18th.

Kinda bummed out about this tbh.
Rightstuf says the release date is now 8/8. Ugh, I wonder what happened to cause the 2 week delay.

cntr

Banned
6YbAyMA.png
this is an underappreciated bit of art

Wow, the end to part IV was fantastic.

I felt sorry for Kira at the end, he just wanted to live like a plant :(

His death was gruesome as hell but the way the scene played out was brilliant.

I feel so sad for Hayato and his mother at the end :( a very sad end to the story of a resilient young man. He was fantastic.

I really wish they fleshed out relations between a few characters some more, one example being Rohan and Ghost girl. Especially after the revelation she saved his life as a child.

I also wish we saw more of old man JoJo, by far my favourite JoJo and i'd have loved more interactions between him and Josuke. I also loved how it was Jotaro who got in the last hit on Kira, his yare yare daze after he froze time was brilliant.

Overall I'd rank the anime parts as III > II > IV > I. Part II ranks second mostly for my favourite JoJo, SHIIIIIIIZAAAAAA and the glorious climax of the final encounter.

Hyped for Part V, any idea of when to expect it?

Woot I am hyped! Heard Polnareff returns, definitely my favourite character from part III - his encounter with vanilla ice was brilliant.

Overall the cast from Part IV is my favourite, everyone was memorable. Kira is definitely the stand out villain from the series thus far, that's no disrespect to DIO. Kira's motivations of just wanting a normal life and his approach to the ordeals was brilliant.

Woot I am hyped! Heard Polnareff returns, definitely my favourite character from part III - his encounter with vanilla ice was brilliant.

Overall the cast from Part IV is my favourite, everyone was memorable. Kira is definitely the stand out villain from the series thus far, that's no disrespect to DIO. Kira's motivations of just wanting a normal life and his approach to the ordeals was brilliant.
You're going to love the part 6 villain. And yeah Polnareff returns

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part 4 is among my favorites because just like Part 2, it's a great evolution of the powers introduced in the previous part, plus the cast is great & Kira is a great villain with an awesome power.

I also had the strangest urge to go back & rewatch the Italian food episode of Part 4. Still hilarious, & I cannot wait for it to hit Toonami so I can see the reactions.......in 2020.....A shame it's going to take YEARS for the Part 4 dub to be released, let alone hit blu-ray.

Euphony

Banned
I'm really looking forward to watching the part 5 anime as it releases. When the part 4 anime was coming out I was still on part 3 and didn't want to skip anything. It'll be a long time before my favorite part gets animated though.

Matsukaze

ae8.gif

It's always weird when I think of Dio relative to the other major antagonists. It's like, here you have this amazing bastard of a villain, undeniably iconic in all of manga, and yet when I get right down to it, he doesn't even place in my top three JoJo antags. It's a credit to Araki that his chief heel is overwhelmingly great and yet still can't even take the bronze in my (and plenty of people's) personal rankings.

ae8.gif

It's always weird when I think of Dio relative to the other major antagonists. It's like, here you have this amazing bastard of a villain, undeniably iconic in all of manga, and yet when I get right down to it, he doesn't even place in my top three JoJo antags. It's a credit to Araki that his chief heel is overwhelmingly great and yet still can't even take the bronze in my (and plenty of people's) personal rankings.
Pucci wouldn't be Pucci without Dio-sama though...I can't wait to experience Valentine if he's really that damn good.

cntr

Banned
Dio's might not be one of my top villains, but
Stone Ocean Dio and Diego are two of my favorite characters.

Euphony

Banned
Dio's might not be one of my top villains, but
Stone Ocean Dio and Diego are two of my favorite characters.

Diego was amazing in Steel Ball Run <3
. Although I have to say that
Funny Valentine gave Dio a run for his money. He was just so good as a villian

Yeah, put me in as a big fan of Funny Valentine.

He's just great to see get more and more involved with the race as Johnny and Gyro get closer to the goal, and
the entire D4C arc was an epic read. Especially Ball Breaker and the final confrontation with Johnny.

but let me tell you just how much of a treat it was when [part 7 endgame spoilers]
Diego Brando from another world showed up with THE WORLD. I don't care what anyone says, that was a really fun sendoff for Dio.

Euphony

Banned
is it blasphemous to say I like
Diego
alot more than dio

I secretly think the same thing. It was great to constantly see him throughout the
race as a competitor on an equal level to Johnny and Gyro instead of an all powerful villain
. The twist at the end was also top notch. Steel Ball Run is just so good.

They're releasing some of those Banpresto mini-figures based on Jojolion, sold exclusively at the Jojo festival next month. It's Josuke, Josefumi, and Kira. They're 5000¥, and so fabulous. Also, very expensive.
image4kqyt.jpeg

Genryu

Banned
I was just checking out of a store and I saw fidget spinners in the check out line, and I had a frightening thought that if Joseph and part 2 were happening in present day he would be using Hamon-infused Fidget Spinners instead of Clackers.

cntr

Banned
I'd assume Viz would include or sell the Rohan OVA once they start releasing the Part 4 BDs.

...which probably won't happen until 2018.

cntr

Banned
Oh yeah.

Part 3's dub was amazing. All the voices are perfect, they even managed to capture Joseph's ham!

And I forgot how cool the first episode of Part 3 was.

Top Bottom