• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JonTron (youtuber) speaks against demographic "invasion" of America by nonwhites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

Popular gaming Youtuber you might know from this meme:

jontrongif_by_tytanick-d5tnbgc.gif

The Context:

The Statements:

edit: He's going in hard. Strap in.

So I was on twitter and found this being circulated. Idk if it has already been posted in the thread but here it is.

qrJO1ei.jpg
yXqHWdH.jpg

holy shit
ojTzIF4.jpg

Found this whole exchange funny so I took an image of it. Near the end he basically admits he wants only a certain portion of the world to immigrate here. Even though his very parents don't fall in the category.

edit2: That last twitter exchange with Destiny led to a 2 hour livestreamed debate between JonTron and Destiny.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128362374?t=10m

Jontron's meltdown should be put in the OP.
To recap (and I'm sure this is not all of what JonTron said), JonTron said, in what he thought was perfectly fine for a debate:

- Foreigners dilute the gene pool
- Black crime in America is the same as in Africa (like, he fuckin' brought this up TWICE)
- Racial issues can be summed up via mixing different colors of paint
- Statistical data means nothing because Clinton lost the election
- Destiny wants to kill black people
- Black Lives Matter is a violent organization
- the richest black man commits more crimes than the poorest white man
- Tribalism is a valid theory
- Immigrants are destroying every single country they are let into
- America is gonna become Mexico
- Racism is over
- Muslims are organizing to make it seem like Christians are protesting abortion clinics

And Destiny didn't even fucking ask the most obvious fuckin' question: "If you're so concerned about immigrants, why do you keep bringing up blacks?"

Anung

Un Rama
The "funny" thing is that if his alt-right vision of the future comes to pass he'll probably first up against the wall.

I don't know if I should be disgusted by him or just pity him.

Biske

You know, perhaps when you find yourself on a hill to die on, and you see Steve King and David Duke next to you, dying on it with you. You should rethink the hill you've chosen.

At this point he's got to in part be doing stuff like this to drum up publicity right? I mean right?

I get having differing views or being a right winger or whatever, thats totally fine. But if Steve King is your man... Jesus.

I don't understand why someone from his background would be against immigration. If things had been that way 30 years ago then he wouldn't exist. But I suppose Fuck You Got Mine is his line of thought?

Jawmuncher

Sorry, I'll be keeping the GIF usage unless I can be supplied with better alternatives.

Silent Cry for help for good gifs

Update:
You are spreading awareness of a youtuber. That's going to lead back to him, i.e. ad revenue.
jawmuncher said:
I didn't even think of it that way. Makes sense. Deleting the few I have as we speak.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Man's pretty dedicated to ruining his career for... some reason. Are we at the age where YouTubers need to start hiring PR handlers?

jett

D-Member
This guy has really just gone full imbecile without any regard for human decency. Kind of a shame to be honest.

Madness

Honestly I swear you guys give these people hits and clicks and a larger profile with this. This was a no-name I had never read about before this. But now I know there is some guy named 'JonTron. He is a random YouTuber who is saying dumb shit on twitter. Fuck him and move on. They use the outrage of their inflammatory statements to become more famous. For them, any publicity is good publicity...

Moaradin

JonTron turning out to be a huge piece of shit was a huge bummer to me. Loved his channel. Got to the point where I couldn't even separate his content from his personal views =(

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Why did you post David Duke quoting the tweet instead of the actual tweet?

Anyway the fact that he is (half?) Iranian and born in the US to immigrants is a bit weird. He's literally what Steve King wants less of at the moment.

Anung

Un Rama
Man's pretty dedicated to ruining his career for... some reason. Are we at the age where YouTubers need to start hiring PR handlers?

Which is bizarre as he released that weird light Q&A video to circumvent some of the damage to his image. Then like a week later he goes all in with this.

Jon is stupid.

Jontron is his livelihood, his brand. He's only hurting himself inserting himself into these discussions. Its getting harder and harder to buy into his happy-go-lucky character when he has this level of contempt for some people.

Chumley

Banned

Apparently the gaming community at large has enough alt-righters to fund quite a lot of YT "nerd culture" personalities. Almost all of them are in the same circle of shit (PDP, H3H3).

Honestly I swear you guys give these people hits and clicks and a larger profile with this. This was a no-name I had never read about before this. But now I know there is some guy named 'JonTron. He is a random YouTuber who is saying dumb shit on twitter. Fuck him and move on. They use the outrage of their inflammatory statements to become more famous. For them, any publicity is good publicity...
Can't tell if you're serious.

JonTron has 3 million subscribers.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
people are radicalizing extremism with this kind of viewpoint, its scary in America today when someone can get up on a soap box, say they blatantly want to make America white again and not be socially backlashed

Yeah, I had to give up on him awhile ago. It's really depressing. Dude is legitimately super talented, and clever. He should be smarter than this kind of hateful rhetoric. But it just isn't the case.

I'm not even shocked anymore

I'm just sadden to see the internet become a continual breeding ground for Alt Right by this point

I guess why social media is so shitty at times is the mirror to why people can be so shit at times as well.

Fuck this jerk

He's not in game grumps anymore, btw. But he still has his own show.
No clue how these people, whose job relies on their brand, are ok with being known to be so terrible

HotHamBoy

Sorry, I'll be keeping the GIF usage unless I can be supplied with better alternatives.

Silent Cry for help for good gifs

Anyone who knows of his views and continues to promote his image through gifs is openly condoning bigotry.

Also, with billions of gifs out there you could stand to be more creative. Shit gets tired.

Lace

Weird how many gamers seem to be alt right scumbags when I see how progressive this forum is
Smart moderation is what keeps this board from falling into that dumpster pit. If Evilore didn't care about removing these members I assure you this place would be filled with hate talk and racist conjecture.

Ruin his career? Casual fascism will not do such a thing in 2017. Just check out any Reddit thread and go scroll past the, like, 2 or 3 highest votes posts and voila.

It's the new edgy thing for 14-27yo males.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom