• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jordan Peterson update from his daughter Mikhaila: He was very sick(almost died), but he's finally doing better

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
This is pretty crazy, I knew he was having a tough time, but didn't know he was in that bad of shape:

Glad he's doing better finally. Next update will be from him directly.

He had to go all the way to Russia to a special detox center and was in ICU with pneumonia and in really bad shape.

daemissary

Really good news, I can’t even begin to imagine the horror of going through this while his wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

I hope he has the strength to continue the fight in public forums but would totally understand if he backed out of public life entirely.

Narasumas

What? When the heck did this happen? First I’ve heard of it...the circumstances around his fall are pretty crazy.

So a food allergy caused a negative reaction, which ultimately then gave him anxiety, which he then sought meds for, which affected him adversely, which he couldn’t get off of due to withdrawal, which he had to travel to Russia to help with, which gave then gave him pneumonia from one of his hospital stays, which put him in the ICU for four weeks????

Holy crap. Hope he has a solid recovery.

Tesseract

Banned
What? When the heck did this happen? First I’ve heard of it...the circumstances around his fall are pretty crazy.

So a food allergy caused a negative reaction, which ultimately then gave him anxiety, which he then sought meds for, which affected him adversely, which he couldn’t get off of due to withdrawal, which he had to travel to Russia to help with, which gave then gave him pneumonia from one of his hospital stays, which put him in the ICU for four weeks????

something really fucked up went wrong here, compounding complications of meds that send you to the icu?

like what, there's nothing normal about that at all

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

It wasn’t a food allergy he has an autoimmune disease and his body really doesn’t react well to anything but meat. It sounds odd, but he’s talked about it before. He said even a swig of apple juice or something small like a piece of chocolate would really fuck him up. Trigger all kinds of inflammatory and reactions in his body. One of the things was really bad anxiety and depression.

Narasumas

It wasn’t a food allergy he has an autoimmune disease and his body really doesn’t react well to anything but meat. It sounds odd, but he’s talked about it before. He said even a swig of apple juice or something small like a piece of chocolate would really fuck him up. Trigger all kinds of inflammatory and reactions in his body. One of the things was really bad anxiety and depression.
Wow I had no clue, that’s absolutely wild. It’s still a crazy series of events that set off.

Bolivar687

Banned

I thought that was his daughter. I believe he went on that carnivore diet too after she did so has he always had this or did he develop it by that crazy diet? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I thought that was his daughter. I believe he went on that carnivore diet too after she did so has he always had this or did he develop it by that crazy diet? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
It's her too. Her's is so bad that she was losing leg and joint function until she got on the diet and since then she's done a complete turn around. She was basically turning into a cripple before the diet.

And she advocates for this diet for people who have similar issues and people KILL her for it and harass her. Just tear her apart. Saying she's spreading unsafe propaganda and whatnot. I hate those people.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Russia has better doctors than North America?

Hope he gets better though.

Could be that they do treatments US doesn't do. Like more riskier ones. Had a uncle of mine that had terminal cancer and they wouldn't give him another dose of some special shit because his internals where to much damaged already. flew to russia got it and died there.

Atleast gave him a bit of hope. Everybody knew he was on the his last legs tho.

Last edited:
It's her too. Her's is so bad that she was losing leg and joint function until she got on the diet and since then she's done a complete turn around. She was basically turning into a cripple before the diet.

And she advocates for this diet for people who have similar issues and people KILL her for it and harass her. Just tear her apart. Saying she's spreading unsafe propaganda and whatnot. I hate those people.

Actually I think she was trying to sell the "carnivore diet" before people knew that she had the autoimmune disease.

She's hot af though.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
He was on Benzos, Klonopin specifically if I remmeber that correctly....
Well, they are BAD:

(those symptoms for that man, probably going to be permanent)

I've been on them and thanks to them, I became heavy drinker, since it's the only way how to deal with Benzo w/d which is pure hell, nothing comes even close to that, even according to the internet.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Well, they are BAD:

I've been on them and thanks to them, I became heavy drinker, since it's the only way how to deal with Benzo w/d which is pure hell, nothing comes even close to that, even according to the internet.

brutal

my metabolism runs on rocket fuel, need savage exercise or weed to relax, things like benzos are the easier route to a simpler life

returns aren't worth it tho, that shit just destroys you

Last edited:

M1chl

brutal

my metabolism runs on rocket fuel, need savage exercise or weed to relax so things like benzos are the easier route to a simpler life

returns aren't worth it tho, that shit just destroys you
Issue is, when you have something I had like GAD, weed completely destroys you and gives you such and Anxiety, when you scream, pull your hair, etc. It's the worst substance to deal with anxiety. Only two thing works, Alcohol or Benzos. For a long term improvement Pregabalin (Lyrica) is a godsend. But it does not work right away...and that's the issue.

Tesseract

Banned
Issue is, when you have something I had like GAD, weed completely destroys you and gives you such and Anxiety, when you scream, pull your hair, etc. It's the worst substance to deal with anxiety. Only two thing works, Alcohol or Benzos. For a long term improvement Pregabalin (Lyrica) is a godsend. But it does not work right away...and that's the issue.

i completely understand, it's a rough life

lyrica is an absolute godsend for the kind of burning pain gad can bring on

Last edited:

Humdinger

ICU for 4 weeks is no fun. I went through that myself. Worst (physical) experience of my life, due to a botched surgery.

I wonder if his case was iatrogenic in some ways, too, since it was suggested that he contracted pneumonia as part of treatment. I wouldn't be surprised. Medical errors are the 3rd leading cause of death. You might also say that the "treatment" of benzos nearly killed him, too.

I doubt he was able to stick to the carnivore diet, since hospital food is usually dictated by the traditional model. Plus if he's in ICU, he may be fed IV or through a gastric tube.

Sounds awful, regardless. Thanks for the update. I've been wondering.

Last edited:

Ownage

He had to go all the way to Russia to a special detox center and was in ICU with pneumonia and in really bad shape.
What the hell is in Russia that he can't get in the west?

Suckin on summadat Putin titty.

Daughter looks like a big ball of sunshine.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Well, they are BAD:

Neuro meds scare the shit out of me. I will never take them unless it's life or death. I don't want anything fucking with my brain chemistry.

M1chl

Neuro meds scare the shit out of me. I will never take them unless it's life or death. I don't want anything fucking with my brain chemistry.
Yeah, well you also don' t want anxiety disorder either, it's not like it's any better.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Yeah, well you also don' t want anxiety disorder either, it's not like it's any better.
I'm lucky in that I don't have any neurological disorders or chronic anxiety issues, but if I was bipolar or something or had severe chronic anxiety obviously you may need meds. But dealing with my day to day stresses and anxieties, I'd rather deal with the short term pain of that than risk screwing my brain up for a lifetime because of a drug.

I mean come on, she makes a video about how her famous dad nearly died while only wearing a silk nightgown
Yup, most girls nowadays show skin to get attention, often without even putting a conscious effort into it. The impact of social media on girls etc. I imagine parents who are concerned about this give up at a certain point.

But yeah, she's pretty hot.

Back to topic, Peterson seems to have gone to some really dark places. I hope he gets better soon. I also hope I remain fortunate enough not to fall into these issues, because I don't know if I would be able to handle it.

M1chl

I'm lucky in that I don't have any neurological disorders or chronic anxiety issues, but if I was bipolar or something or had severe chronic anxiety obviously you may need meds. But dealing with my day to day stresses and anxieties, I'd rather deal with the short term pain of that than risk screwing my brain up for a lifetime because of a drug.
Obviously, but then really Benzos does not help much, maybe for sleep and fast ones like Xanax. Not something like K-pin, which stays in your bloodstream way longer than span between doses and that's the issue. That you build up that inside your body.

SantaC

What the hell is in Russia that he can't get in the west?

Suckin on summadat Putin titty.

Daughter looks like a big ball of sunshine.
Russia has medications for alzheimers and other incurable diseases. It is just that theyre not approved in the west.

Naibel

Man, that's just a sad, fucked-up situation for him and his family. For a class act and a top dude like him, he just doesn't deserve it.

Loved his book. His advices helped me gain quite a bit of self-confidence and made me sort a lot of situations in my life. He seems like a kind, caring human being, who doesn't hide his emotions, which is something I appreciate a lot.

Hope he recovers soon and continues his fantastic lectures.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Reading more; holy shit this man's family completely failed him. You do not go "cold turkey in Russia" off of benzos.

She actually thinks that's what is saving him; it's what nearly killed him and likely left him crippled mentally and physically.

Reminds me of people who think alcohol withdrawal can't kill you.

M1chl

Reading more; holy shit this man's family completely failed him. You do not go "cold turkey in Russia" off of benzos.

She actually thinks that's what is saving him; it's what nearly killed him and likely left him crippled mentally and physically.

Reminds me of people who think alcohol withdrawal can't kill you.
Well maybe it could, but with Benzos you going to be there way faster...

Top Bottom