• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jordan Peterson update from his daughter Mikhaila: He was very sick(almost died), but he's finally doing better

Reading more; holy shit this man's family completely failed him. You do not go "cold turkey in Russia" off of benzos.

She actually thinks that's what is saving him; it's what nearly killed him and likely left him crippled mentally and physically.

Reminds me of people who think alcohol withdrawal can't kill you.

I wasn't there and don't know his situation, but in the video she talked about him having a rare reaction to the medication he was on which was actually making his symptoms worse rather than better. I don't think this was a typical situation, and the argument being made is that slowly removing him from the medication would have been even worse.

eot

Banned
Reading more; holy shit this man's family completely failed him. You do not go "cold turkey in Russia" off of benzos.

She actually thinks that's what is saving him; it's what nearly killed him and likely left him crippled mentally and physically.

Reminds me of people who think alcohol withdrawal can't kill you.

You could be right, not sure it turned out that well
“The Twelve Rules of Life” author has been released from the hospital and is taking anti-seizure medication, his daughter said. Although he has trouble walking and typing on his own, he is “on the mend,” she said.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Some of the responses to this I've been seeing on Twitter and Facebook are pretty gross. People saying he deserved it for inciting violence and stuff, which he's pretty surely against. Put up any amount of pushback to those sorts of claims and you instantly get labeled a misogynist or transphobe or whatever else.

Wish him and his family well, they've been through some very trying times. I don't agree with everything he says, but they're people, and a particularly hard hit family, have some humanity.

I'm confused though - why Russia?

Last edited:

eot

Banned
I read they put him in an induced coma, if that was to get him off the meds without him experiencing the withdrawls then that's a pretty extreme procedure that I doubt would be performed in the US.

Honestly the "only meat!" thing plus going to Russia for this treatment gives me a bit of a nutjob vibe from his family, but it's his life so whatever.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I read they put him in an induced coma, if that was to get him off the meds without him experiencing the withdrawls then that's a pretty extreme procedure that I doubt would be performed in the US.

Honestly the "only meat!" thing plus going to Russia for this treatment gives me a bit of a nutjob vibe from his family, but it's his life so whatever.

The carnivore diet stuff is anything but crazy, but I understand that most people are suspicious of it after being told to eat a "balanced diet" of grains, fruits, and vegetables all of their lives.

LordOfChaos

Mikhaila had bad autoimmune reactions to most foods, so if it's what kept her alive and well, sure. But I think for sure he has a tendency to jump to ideas some would consider extreme, and the diet isn't for most people. Maybe part of it was a sympathetic diet with his daughters.

She is pretty hot tho, but knowing a competitive weight lifter, guh, the nearly pure meat diet farts...

Last edited:

badblue

Why would anyone listen to advice about getting your shit together from a dude that can’t keep his shit together.

What a mess.

Part of getting your shit together is seeking help for things you need help for. The drugs he was on were legally prescribed and he went to rehab get off them. Both are what one should do if you need to do it. And if the place you seeking help for rehab is just using “more medications to cover the response he was experiencing from the benzodiazepines" and nearly killing you, why would you not go somewhere else for treatment?

Rule 2 in his 12 rules for life is " Treat Yourself Like Someone You Are Responsible For Helping "

I don't know what benzo withdrawal is like, but I'm intimately familiar with alcohol withdrawal and I wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy.

Medical alcohol detox typically takes 3-5 days, apparently benzo detox is way different. During one of my (numerous) detoxes, one of the docs told me that opiate withdrawal can make you wish you were dead but alcohol and benzol withdrawals will actually kill you.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I don't know what benzo withdrawal is like, but I'm intimately familiar with alcohol withdrawal and I wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy.

Medical alcohol detox typically takes 3-5 days, apparently benzo detox is way different. During one of my (numerous) detoxes, one of the docs told me that opiate withdrawal can make you wish you were dead but alcohol and benzol withdrawals will actually kill you.
Alcohol withdrawal is nothing compared to Benzo WD. Intimately experienced with both. Alcohol withdrawal is baby stuff compared to Benzo. Based on the internet is the by far the worst one from narcotics.

iNvid02

Some of the responses to this I've been seeing on Twitter and Facebook are pretty gross. People saying he deserved it for inciting violence and stuff, which he's pretty surely against. Put up any amount of pushback to those sorts of claims and you instantly get labeled a misogynist or transphobe or whatever else.

Come to expect it on those places, but the irony of that shit hole resetera having the same vitriolic responses while they try to virtue signal 5 mins later is laughable, sad and disgusting. These people do not genuinely care or stand for the stuff they peddle, its merely a tool to achieve their political ideologies and agendas. Glad i bailed out of that dump

I've never been a follower of his, but it sounds like he got screwed over like a lot of opioid addicts have by the pharma grift cycle:

1. Be prescribed drug for legitimate reason
2. Start to develop physical dependence on it
3. Stupid/corrupt doctor prescribes higher dose to treat the symptoms of dependence rather than starting to wean off
4. Dependence deepens and becomes pathological

And, of course, the patient gets the blame for what should obviously be the doctor's fault as caregiver and expert. I'm glad he was able to recover.

There's nothing crazy about the carnivore diet. Nutritional science has been corrupt for decades.

Yep, you still see the same debunked fearmongering over saturated fats now even as polyunsaturated fats are still heavily touted without mentioning omega-6s being inflammatory.

Corrik

Wish him and his family well, they've been through some very trying times. I don't agree with everything he says, but they're people, and a particularly hard hit family, have some humanity.

Read the Era thread on it. I literally couldn't believe how different the two threads are on it.

Like, people are literally cheering on his agony, wishing him suffering, etc.

One dude said he likes the guys books and another user called him a bitch. Lol.

Like, idk much about the guy, but I don't think ordinary people should suffer.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Must have some deadly sulfer farts from all that meat.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Jordan Peterson is slandered by hateful people. He has been accused of many things that aren't true, by people who've never heard him speak and just want to push an agenda because it gives them satisfaction. They're losers, fuck em. They are jealous of Jordan's success.

Entroyp

Read the Era thread on it. I literally couldn't believe how different the two threads are on it.

Like, people are literally cheering on his agony, wishing him suffering, etc.

One dude said he likes the guys books and another user called him a bitch. Lol.

Like, idk much about the guy, but I don't think ordinary people should suffer.

Yup, that was me actually. It’s been an eye opening experience. I feel like people there are the biggest hypocrites. I’ve read his books, watched his lectures, listened to his podcast, and I have yet to listen to him say I should go outside and beat up a trans or something.

Last edited:

decisions

This is just a really sad story. Like I think the guy is really smart but those are some hard anxiety drugs and then there’s something strange about the decision to go cold turkey through this extreme measure.

Hope he can recover fully.

Corrik

Yup, that was me actually. It’s been an eye opening experience. I feel like people there are the biggest hypocrites. I’ve read his books, watched his lectures, listened to his podcast, and I have yet to listen to him say I should go outside and beat up a trans or something.
Better stop revealing yourself as a transphobe, bruh. Lol

Greedings

Peterson is fine, but I can’t stand is daughter. The way she speaks, her awful “jokes”, the fact she’s basically living off her father.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
brutal

my metabolism runs on rocket fuel, need savage exercise or weed to relax, things like benzos are the easier route to a simpler life

returns aren't worth it tho, that shit just destroys you
Benzos are indeed the worst. You’re vastly better off just developing a drinking problem. I saw this with immediate family members and to a lesser extent with myself.

Every fleeting moment of calm that a benzo gives you has to be repaid many times over as your brain readjusts itself.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Peterson is fine, but I can’t stand is daughter. The way she speaks, her awful “jokes”, the fact she’s basically living off her father.
Um that just means he is a true conservative!

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
You’d be fine with somebody banging your mother twice? That’s his daughter. Show some respect.
Hell yeah. Moms been alone for years so some loving would probley do her a world of good.
In the meantime buy a sense of humor and head on back to ERA. Take your rainbow Cape and shield with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Siri

Banned
Hell yeah. Moms been alone for years so some loving would probley do her a world of good.
In the meantime buy a sense of humor and head on back to ERA. Take your rainbow Cape and shield with you.

Jordan Peterson’s daughter posts a pretty heartfelt video about her dad’s illness, and all you can do is say you want to fuck her twice.

And now you want to play the ResetEra card on me for calling you out - fucking lame, dude.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Jordan Peterson’s daughter posts a pretty heartfelt video about her dad’s illness, and all you can do is say you want to fuck her twice.

And now you want to play the ResetEra card on me for calling you out - fucking lame, dude.

Fuck you and the bubble you live in.
If your soft ass ever heard the comments cops make at a murder scene you'd be in hysterics. You know why they do it? Cause if they didnt theyd go fucking insane. Dark humor is how alot of people deal with sad and unfortunate situations. It doesn't mean they don't care.
That having been said feel free to block me and fuck right off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Corrik

Fuck you and the bubble you live in.
If your soft ass ever heard the comments cops make at a murder scene you'd be in hysterics. You know why they do it? Cause if they didnt theyd go fucking insane. Dark humor is how alot of people deal with sad and unfortunate situations. It doesn't mean they don't care.
That having been said feel free to block me and fuck right off.
Stop flipping out just because he had an opinion you didn't like.

Cleared_Hot

Could be that they do treatments US doesn't do. Like more riskier ones. Had a uncle of mine that had terminal cancer and they wouldn't give him another dose of some special shit because his internals where to much damaged already. flew to russia got it and died there.

Atleast gave him a bit of hope. Everybody knew he was on the his last legs tho.
Theres other things too. Like how you can get something more affordable.

Yeah man what a dumbass, how can he help other people without being the perfect human?

Never said anything about being a "perfect human." But before one gets on a pedestal and preaches to people that they HAVE to get their shit together, perhaps they should have their own shit together.

The dude is a fucking mess, and has been a mess for a long time. His credibility is garbage.

This is no different than having a junk food eating obese person who's in the midst of an alcoholic binge trying to give people advice on how to live clean.

He was in the midst of all this insanity while standing on a pedestal espousing his bullshit and cashing in. Gross.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Never said anything about being a "perfect human." But before one gets on a pedestal and preaches to people that they HAVE to get their shit together, perhaps they should have their own shit together.

The dude is a fucking mess, and has been a mess for a long time. His credibility is garbage.

This is no different than having a junk food eating obese person who's in the midst of an alcoholic binge trying to give people advice on how to live clean.

He was in the midst of all this insanity while standing on a pedestal espousing his bullshit and cashing in. Gross.
Lol. What a troll post. How has he been a mess for a long time? How is his credibility garbage? What "bullshit" his he espousing? Are you lost?

Dacon

Banned

The man's life fell apart when his wife got cancer and he developed a drug dependency to cope. EVERYONE has moments where shit hits the fan and things get bad for them. You can have your shit together and fucking lose it. We all fail to live up to our standards at some point and no one is fucking perfect.

None of that invalidates the good he's done for people, which millions can attest to, the fact that he made money doing it is irrelevant.

diffusionx

Gold Member
So his health problems, of which there isnt any evidence to say they could have been prevented, makes his writings false and his personal success invalid?!

The guy literally said he didn't sleep for a month after he had a glass of apple cider. If it were anyone else, would you take advice from a man who said he didn't sleep for a month after he had a glass of apple cider?

Last edited:
Top Bottom