• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jordan Peterson update from his daughter Mikhaila: He was very sick(almost died), but he's finally doing better

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
The guy literally said he didn't sleep for a month after he had a glass of apple cider. If it were anyone else, would you take advice from a man who said he didn't sleep for a month after he had a glass of apple cider?
Huh? Source? And what would that have to do with anything? Or are you just desperate to talk shit?

Huh? Source? And what would that have to do with anything? Or are you just desperate to talk shit?

He said this on Joe Rogan. Didn't sleep for 25(if I recall) days after drinking apple cider due to a reaction. I believe it was his last appearance. Go listen to it. In fact after I listened to that podcast I quickly realized that this dude is just another self help nutjob charlatan milking money from desperate people.

Lol. What a troll post. How has he been a mess for a long time? How is his credibility garbage? What "bullshit" his he espousing? Are you lost?

Listen to the last Joe Rogan podcast he did, and tell me this is a man you want giving you advice. C'mon. This dude is an anxiety riddled, neurotic mess. He's smart, and he capitalized off his "controversy" very well though, I'll give him that.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
He said this on Joe Rogan. Didn't sleep for 25(if I recall) days after drinking apple cider due to a reaction. I believe it was his last appearance. Go listen to it. In fact after I listened to that podcast I quickly realized that this dude is just another self help nutjob charlatan milking money from desperate people.
So what does that have to do with anything? Can you elaborate? How does a bad digestive reaction take away form what he says or does?

diffusionx

Gold Member
So what does that have to do with anything? Can you elaborate? How does a bad digestive reaction take away form what he says or does?

So just to be clear, you think that this is a real "digestive reaction" and people lose a month of sleep from apple cider commonly?

It has to do with the fact that the guy is crazy. I don't take advice from crazy people. I hope he gets the help he needs right now, which is a separate thing. I don't wish him evil, but I also don't think he should be dispensing advice to young and confused people.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
That shit is nuts. You see a "digestive reaction." I see a "neurotic anxiety riddled weirdo who has no business giving anyone advice until he gets his shit together."
Sure buddy and I say you're a fucking idiot clown who doesn't know what he's talking about. His qualifications are not in dispute. What are yours?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
So just to be clear, you think that this is a real "digestive reaction" and people lose a month of sleep from apple cider commonly?

It has to do with the fact that the guy is crazy. I don't take advice from crazy people. I hope he gets the help he needs right now, which is a separate thing. I don't wish him evil, but I also don't think he should be dispensing advice to young and confused people.
He's crazy? What gives you that idea? You and the other kid are saying shit and not backing it up with anything. Be better.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'm not denying his qualifications. I'm plainly looking to and listening to a neurotic anxiety riddled man who says stupid shit like, I couldn't sleep for 25 days after drinking apple cider. That is objectively insane.
Sure clown. So desperate to talk shit and you have nothing. Like I told the other one. Be better. That might work on era but not here.

He had to of meant not slept well. I am pretty sure anyone in the world would die after not sleeping 25 days. Lol.

No...he said he had insomnia for 25 days...and he doubled down on that claim.
Sure clown. So desperate to talk shit and you have nothing. Like I told the other one. Be better. That might work on era but not here.

Go listen to that podcast. And listen intently. If your opinion on the man doesn't change, I got nothing for you.

diffusionx

Gold Member
He had to of meant not slept well. I am pretty sure anyone in the world would die after not sleeping 25 days. Lol.

No, he said he didn't sleep AT ALL. Here's a transcript from The Atlantic:

“Well, I have a negative story,” said Peterson. “Both Mikhaila and I noticed that when we restricted our diet and then ate something we weren’t supposed to, the reaction was absolutely catastrophic.” He gives the example of having had some apple cider and subsequently being incapacitated for a month by what he believes was an inflammatory response.

“You were done for a month?”

“Oh yeah, it took me out for a month. It was awful ...”

“Apple cider? What was it doing to you?”

“It produced an overwhelming sense of impending doom. I seriously mean overwhelming. There’s no way I could’ve lived like that. But see, Mikhaila knew by then that it would probably only last a month.”

“A month? From fucking cider?”

“I didn’t sleep that month for 25 days. I didn’t sleep at all for 25 days.”

“What? How is that possible?”

“I’ll tell you how it’s possible: You lay in bed frozen in something approximating terror for eight hours. And then you get up.”

If this sounds like the calm conversation of a man with his life in order, who is positioned to dispense advice to people who badly need it, then we are in bigger trouble than I thought.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
No...he said he had insomnia for 25 days...and he doubled down on that claim.

Go listen to that podcast. And listen intently. If your opinion on the man doesn't change, I got nothing for you.
I have. Have you? Can you point out something he said which you found so disagreeable?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
No, he said he didn't sleep AT ALL. Here's a transcript from The Atlantic:

If this sounds like the calm conversation of a man with his life in order, who is positioned to dispense advice to people who badly need it, then we are in bigger trouble than I thought.

LOL So desperate. He said he couldn't sleep because of apple cider! Thus he's an idiot! Wow. I think you're lost. Perhaps try another forum?

Corrik

Yeah, I mean, he is either lying or he means couldn't sleep well. Insomnia as the poster above mentioned doesn't mean you can't literally sleep at all. It means you have trouble sleeping, don't stay asleep, or wake up too early. Not literally can't sleep at all.

The apple cider thing is obviously nonsense also. If he had a reaction, it wasn't a month long.

When was his wife's cancer in relation to the podcast?

I have. Have you? Can you point out something he said which you found so disagreeable?

You've listened to it? Then why did you ask for a "source" for the 25 days of insomnia from apple cider thing?

I'll relisten to it and take notes on other topics. For some reason that insomnia thing stuck out like a sore thumb.

LOL So desperate. He said he couldn't sleep because of apple cider! Thus he's an idiot! Wow. I think you're lost. Perhaps try another forum?

It is clearly a sign of some kind of neurosis. There is not one single digestive reaction that will give you 25 days of insomnia. You don't have to be a psychologist to know that this was all in his head.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Yeah, I mean, he is either lying or he means couldn't sleep well. Insomnia as the poster above mentioned doesn't mean you can't literally sleep at all. It means you have trouble sleeping, don't stay asleep, or wake up too early. Not literally can't sleep at all.

The apple cider thing is obviously nonsense also. If he had a reaction, it wasn't a month long.

When was his wife's cancer in relation to the podcast?

he says, flat out, he did not sleep at all. So either he believes he didn't sleep at all, which is certainly possible but would make him supremely disconnected from reality and in bad need of medical intervention (which he is hopefully getting now), or he is blatantly lying, which would make him a cheap huckster charlatan. Those are the only two options. Either case disqualifies him from giving advice IMO.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
That shit is nuts. You see a "digestive reaction." I see a "neurotic anxiety riddled weirdo who has no business giving anyone advice until he gets his shit together."

Why do you need to be so sure about what happened just going by a limited amount of information? As I said earlier I’m not a fan of his either, but I don’t get the need to shit on him over a private matter.

diffusionx

Gold Member

I didn't call him an idiot I called him crazy, which I believe that statement backs up adequately. If you disagree that's fine, but I hope you stop taking his advice if you are.

Corrik

he says, flat out, he did not sleep at all. So either he believes he didn't sleep at all, which is certainly possible but would make him supremely disconnected from reality and in bad need of medical intervention (which he seems to be getting now), or he is blatantly lying, which would make him a cheap huckster charlatan. Those are the only two options. Either case disqualifies him from giving advice IMO.
Again. Yes. But, like I said, many people say "I can't sleep" when they are barely getting sleep. So, he might have meant that.

The rest of his statement says he just laid there in terror for 8 hours which sounds like he is saying he literally didn't which is impossible.

It borders on extreme hyperbole / lying.

I agree.

Why do you need to be so sure about what happened just going by a limited amount of information? As I said earlier I’m not a fan of his either, but I don’t get the need to shit on him over a private matter.

Private matter? He professed this insanity on a podcast that is listened to by millions of people. After that podcast I knew something was off about the dude. And then THIS story comes out. AND his daughter gives an update on youtube about it. There's nothing private about this.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
he says, flat out, he did not sleep at all. So either he believes he didn't sleep at all, which is certainly possible but would make him supremely disconnected from reality and in bad need of medical intervention (which he is hopefully getting now), or he is blatantly lying, which would make him a cheap huckster charlatan. Those are the only two options. Either case disqualifies him from giving advice IMO.
Ok. Your opinion is shit. Clearly you're an ignorant loser. IMO

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I didn't call him an idiot I called him crazy, which I believe that statement backs up adequately. If you disagree that's fine, but I hope you stop taking his advice if you are.
I do disagree with your expert diagnosis. I feel you are sadly misinformed and are clearly threatened by him? Perhaps counseling?

Corrik

Dynamite come back. Clearly you know what you're talking about.
Maybe you should argue your points instead of flailing into ad hominem when pushed on your points? You are the one who looks bad in the exchange. Not him. Regardless of who is even correct.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Maybe you should argue your points instead of flailing into ad hominem when pushed on your points? You are the one who looks bad in the exchange. Not him. Regardless of who is even correct.
I dont have to. My point his he's not crazy or unqualified to give advice. Perhaps you can explain since they can't how he is crazy?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
There's no point. The dude clearly worships Peterson.
Ad hominem attacks.
Personal insults.
Anger.

There's no point in having any kind of discussion with a person like that.
I'm all about discussing it. You simply have no points to make. The burden of proof is on you.

I dont have to. My point his he's not crazy or unqualified to give advice. Perhaps you can explain since they can't how he is crazy?

A drug addicted, neurotic mess that doesn't have his shit together should get his shit together before he goes around the country giving people advice. Instead he chose to capitalize off his controversy and hoodwink people like you. What more do you want?

Would you take "clean living and fitness" advice from an obese individual who eats fast food and can't run a mile?

I'll leave it at that. Because there's no point in going any further.

You'll just resort to insults and ad hominem attack regardless of what is said regarding this topic.

I'm all about discussing it. You simply have no points to make. The burden of proof is on you.

"Discussing" does not include insults and ad hominem attacks. That's childish and petty nonsense. That ends any chance of discussing.

Last edited:

Corrik

They gave their reasoning why he is crazy.

Yes, he clearly isn't on point with the apple cider stuff and if he truly meant he didn't sleep at all in 25 days.

That said, I have asked repeatedly if this is after his wife's stuff and he got on depression medicine because that might account for his situation here.

You just need to have adult conversations without going off the handle. There is no reason for it.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
A drug addicted, neurotic mess that doesn't have his shit together should get his shit together before he goes around the country giving people advice. Instead he chose to capitalize off his controversy and hoodwink people like you. What more do you want?

Would you take "clean living and fitness" advice from an obese individual who eats fast food and can't run a mile?

I'll leave it at that. Because there's no point in going any further.

You'll just resort to insults and ad hominem attack regardless of what is said regarding this topic.

"Discussing" does not include insults and ad hominem attacks. That's childish and petty nonsense. That ends any chance of discussing.
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. Perhaps get some thicker skin? Maybe you'll find some sort of point when you do. His drug problem came as a result of his wife's failing health. Unless you can point out a prior problem?

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. Perhaps get some thicker skin? Maybe you'll find some sort of point when you do. His drug problem came as a result of his wife's failing health. Unless you can point out a prior problem?

There is no discussion when one resorts to insults and ad hominem attacks. My feelings are far from hurt, but I've had enough of these kinds of discussions over the course of my life to know that they are pointless, so I'm cutting my losses. I have also been on YOUR end of these kinds of discussions in my life, so I also relate to how you are behaving.

Have a good day sir.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
They gave their reasoning why he is crazy.

Yes, he clearly isn't on point with the apple cider stuff and if he truly meant he didn't sleep at all in 25 days.

That said, I have asked repeatedly if this is after his wife's stuff and he got on depression medicine because that might account for his situation here.

You just need to have adult conversations without going off the handle. There is no reason for it.
Have you ever conversed with an adult in real life. They and you are saying stupid baseless shit and you're being called out on it. Perhaps my wording was strong but I assume as adults you can handle it.

Have you ever conversed with an adult in real life. They and you are saying stupid baseless shit and you're being called out on it. Perhaps my wording was strong but I assume as adults you can handle it.

Last reply...I promise.

I have had many heated debates and discussions with adults in my life.

Some have resorted to name calling, nonsense, and ad hominem attacks and went absolutely nowhere.

But many became productive and interesting despite very differing opinions on topics.

This one is the former.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
There is no discussion when one resorts to insults and ad hominem attacks. My feelings are far from hurt, but I've had enough of these kinds of discussions over the course of my life to know that they are pointless, so I'm cutting my losses. I have also been on YOUR end of these kinds of discussions in my life, so I also relate to how you are behaving.

Have a good day sir.
Perhaps I was a little harsh. I'll grant you that. I just find your points baseless. Carry on though.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Last reply...I promise.

I have had many heated debates and discussions with adults in my life.

Some have resorted to name calling, nonsense, and ad hominem attacks and went absolutely nowhere.

But many became productive and interesting despite very differing opinions on topics.

This one is the former.
Last reply from me as well. I do apologize for my tone. I could have worded that better. I simply find the sum total of his work very worthwhile for many and often find attacks on him groundless. Again.. we can agree to disagree. Peace?

diffusionx

Gold Member

I've talked to many adults in my life, I don't think this is one of those times.

Simple question - since when is it baseless to use the actual words the person we are talking about said? I didn't make up the apple cider quote.

Now, if you don't think the apple cider thing is insane, that's fine, but even if you think that is a totally normal thing to say,surely you can see why another person would think it's insane? If you really think that there is absolutely no way anyone could look at that quote, where someone said they didn't sleep for 25 days because they drank one glass of apple cider, and say "hmm that's a crazy thing to say", then there is simply no point to conversing.

Corrik

Yeah, I am a foreman in a mill. I am pretty sure I have had adult conversations before. I just don't talk to people like they are dogs and expect others to show respect also.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I've talked to many adults in my life, I don't think this is one of those times.

Simple question - since when is it baseless to use the actual words the person we are talking about said? I didn't make up the apple cider quote.

Now, if you don't think the apple cider thing is insane, that's fine, but even if you think that is a totally normal thing to say,surely you can see why another person would think it's insane? If you really think that there is absolutely no way anyone could look at that quote, where someone said they didn't sleep for 25 days because they drank one glass of apple cider, and say "hmm that's a crazy thing to say", then there is simply no point to conversing.
If you think that disqualifies all the work he's done then that's on you. I don't find it insane. And if that's the best you or anyone else can muster I say the dude is batting a pretty good average.

Top Bottom