• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey Arrives on PS4 July 21st

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
One of the best games ever releasing again in about a month? Hell yea! :D

Fat4all

Banned
I dunno what you people who bought the physical version was expecting. Physical cross-buy is super rare, and previously it was just a code they would stick in the box for the Vita version.

If Sony finishes their time machine I guess they could go back and put codes for the PS4 version in the box. A version for a system that hadn't been released yet.

This gen is the one of recycles I'm telling you. I'm not saying that this isn't an outstanding game, but this shit's just too much lately: God of War, Uncharted, Devil may Cry, Devil may Cry 4, Borderlands, Gears of War, Last of Us, Final Fantasy no. ???, Metro etc..etc... and the list can go on.
I mean haven't we had enough of this remaster garbage? They found yet another way to milk money from us with little to no effort on their part. Last gen we had the introduction of DLC, now we see more and more recycles. Don't we need new games? New franchises?

Not everyone who has a PS4/XB1 have played those games. Just because you've played every video game out there doesn't mean that there aren't people that will be enjoying those games for the first time.

Does this mean I can expect the vinyl OST soon

I thought I remember that having a August release date.

you didn't understand a thing I said. That's ok.

I understand what your wrote perfectly fine. You make it seem like this gen has more remasters than new games, which is dead wrong.

And yeah, what Veritigo_X wrote, not everyone had a PS3 to experience those games. A lot of the PS4 owners came from 360.

Following this port has been so strange lol. I feel like it's been at so many consumer shows for a couple years now, never hearing anything about it for a while and then oh, hey it's coming out in 2 weeks guys.

danowat

Banned
This wont help at all, but play it to understand why it got so many people the way it did.

I played it from Beta to full game, spent ages on it, even though its a short 2-3 hour game.

played almost a full playthrough with a person from Japan to get all my missing trophies I needed.

Having to communicate with him so he new what I needed to do and how he showed me where the items I needed to finish the game where hidden.

Magical time.

From Music to atmosphere to reaching the end of the game, just all fit together for me to create a great experience.

Thanks for that..........it's tempting........

The only problem I find is that games with seemingly universally positive hyperbole tend to leave me a bit cold.....

Hoping this is different, as I've seen very little that isn't positive about it.

Some of us enjoy the remasters/remakes and experiencing a game again.

Why do people continue to complain about it?

Just like everything else in life....don't like it? Don't buy it.

Move along.

I don't think many people buying remasters is quite a good thing for the industry, where in the hell is the evolution? Same game with(maybe) better textures and 60 fps?

ramyeon

This gen is the one of recycles I'm telling you. I'm not saying that this isn't an outstanding game, but this shit's just too much lately: God of War, Uncharted, Devil may Cry, Devil may Cry 4, Borderlands, Gears of War, Last of Us, Final Fantasy no. ???, Metro etc..etc... and the list can go on.
I mean haven't we had enough of this remaster garbage? They found yet another way to milk money from us with little to no effort on their part. Last gen we had the introduction of DLC, now we see more and more recycles. Don't we need new games? New franchises?
You know what? I think it's great. I only had a Wii last gen so I missed a lot of these titles. Being able to experiences great titles like this, The Last of Us, whatever, on PS4 is great. No one is forcing you to buy them.

I'm also not a minority, since statistics seem to show that a pretty significant portion of PS4 owners never had a PS3.

Fat4all

Banned
Does this mean I can expect the vinyl OST soon

This one?

2851288-journey4.jpg

Hopefully soon.

It's great that this is cross-buy. More than happy to play this again and would suggest it to anyone looking for a memorable experience. Set aside a few hours of your day and give it your full attention. It's worth it.

If I had to describe it in one word...whimsical.

What a beautiful trailer. If it can't convince people who didn't played this game already to try it, I don't know what will

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I missed this initially, then decided to wait. Glad that the day is finally coming!

Don't buy them then. I know I sure won't be buying this remaster, you know, because I'm getting it for free. HOW TERRIBLE! DAMN YOU REMASTERS!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
A beautiful, beautiful game. I've already bought it digitally and on disc. I'd pay again, too! It may not give you 100 hours of 'content' but 2 hours of Journey is worth 60 pounds to me.

I don't think many people buying remasters is quite a good thing for the industry, where in the hell is the evolution? Same game with(maybe) better textures and 60 fps?
If you want some "evolution", go buy or read some stuff about Project Morpheus.
Remasters are perfectly fine. If you don't want them, don't buy them and stop crying.

There are definitely Remasters worth calling out, but why Journey? This is free if you already own the PS3 version.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Sweet, I'll gladly replay this on PS4 for free (well, I've paid for it once, but you know).

Love thatgamecompany. Please make another game.

Wasn't it 60fps on PS3?

Nope, 30. But Flower went from 720p30 on PS3 to 1080p60 on PS4, so why not this too.

Thanks for that..........it's tempting........

The only problem I find is that games with seemingly universally positive hyperbole tend to leave me a bit cold.....

Hoping this is different, as I've seen very little that isn't positive about it.

Yeah, don't get too excited. It's not going to be different. It's just a game with nice visuals and a great song towards the end.

It's not like those don't exist. Whynothaveboth,gif?

ajcacio

Banned
I bought the PS3 ver on sale for like $4 a long time ago but never played it; so glad I finally get to play this on PS4. I think my girlfriend will love it

If you want some "evolution", go buy or read some stuff about Project Morpheus.
Remasters are perfectly fine. If you don't want them, don't buy them and stop crying.

Who's crying? I was stating a trend of the industry this generation and the fact that I don't think it's really healthy for US, as CONSUMERS.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I wonder if they'll lock arguably the most important feature of the game, the online teaming up, behind PS+. Effectively neutering a game that never originally required a subscription service to get the most out of.

Boy just the thought makes me kinda livid.

Fisty

It's not? I've finished the game, didn't enjoy it very much.

Thats certainly an opinion to have.

Its actually one of my favorite experiences ever, got a good random who stuck by me till the end on release day. I will never forget that feeling.

vg260

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1066383

ironcreed

Banned
Good deal. I bought it back on PS3 at launch, so I cannot wait to bring it on over to my PS4. Such a beautiful and thought provoking experience every time you go through it.

YES finally, this was one of the main reasons I brought a ps4 having missed it last gen, new trailer is absolutely stunning. Can't wait .

Auctopus

I've never played it, in a sentence, why is it so good?

Everyone's going to have a different answer for you.

Some people find it the second coming, that it reconnected them with a deceased relative through the power for the cell. It's a cool game that'll last you a few hours with pretty visuals and an interesting gameplay mechanic.

rezn0r

Don't hit me GAF, I never finished it on PS3. I remember the day I started it, and loved it, but I had to run AFK unexpectedly and never got back to it. Pumped for this!

hesido

It's nice that this is cross buy and available to existing owners of the PS3 version.

But why be so nice about this but not as much for other titles, other than do it just for the good will of customers, what's in it for having this cross buy so long after the original?

(I'm trying to understand the mindset behind this move, not that I'm complaining, it'd be illogical to do so when I'm receiving this free, I wish everybody did similar but obviously it's not possible.)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm gonna miss it's preview/splash screen from the XMB. The artwork was amazing and I used to just leave it selected to listen to the music.

Really wish the PS4 had something similar.

manfestival

super stoked about this one. Kinda hoping to one day get castle crashers on a cross buy type deal but I know that wont happen but journey was a fantastic experience

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I got a ps4 not too long ago. Is this game worth it? Was is it about? I've been itching for a new game

Watch a couple of video reviews from the PS3 release. Words alone don't really convey what kind of game it is, you just have to see it running.

Top Bottom