• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey Arrives on PS4 July 21st

Loudninja

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU3nNT4rcFg

On July 21st, Journey will descend onto PS4 more stunningly beautiful than ever. If you have yet to discover its wonders, or desire to soar above the ruins and glide across the sands once again, this is the perfect time. Additionally, Journey will support cross buy. If you have digitally purchased it already for PS3, you can download it free for PS4.
#OurJourney — What Did Your Journey Experience Mean To You?

I could pen 5 pages of poetry to describe Journey, but this is a game that has meant something different to everyone. We’d like to call upon PlayStation fans worldwide to share “What Your Journey Experience Meant To You”, and watch it come together at journey.playstation.com.

Grab your phone, turn it toward you, record, and share your video testimonial on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
Tag it with the hashtag #OurJourney
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/07/journey-arrives-on-ps4-july-21st/

I feel like I've been refreshing gaf for the last two months if only to hear news about this game.

With a release date, now i can say it....

Yes, Finally!!

Terrified

Brilliant - been waiting to play this in full (never got the chance to play it properly on PS3, even though I bought it), and crossbuy means I get to experience this beauty on PS4 for no extra cost.

Roll on July 21st...

Can't wait to try it out. Heard a lot about it but not many details. This and Rocket League will get me through summer since I beat Batman last night.

driver116

I'm just glad they're sticking to their guns by letting PS3 owners download for free. They should do this with more digital games *cough* Warhawk.

robo

I've never played it, in a sentence, why is it so good?

This wont help at all, but play it to understand why it got so many people the way it did.

I played it from Beta to full game, spent ages on it, even though its a short 2-3 hour game.

played almost a full playthrough with a person from Japan to get all my missing trophies I needed.

Having to communicate with him so he new what I needed to do and how he showed me where the items I needed to finish the game where hidden.

Magical time.

From Music to atmosphere to reaching the end of the game, just all fit together for me to create a great experience.

Griss

This will probably end up being the longest time 'holding out for the next-gen version' ever paid off for me. It's been 3 years, and I've wanted it since launch.

Oh well, it was worth it for GTAV and others, I hope it's worth it for this.

Stanng243

I'm just wondering why you're in this thread if you didn't like the game...it won multiple GoTY awards so saying "It's not" is not at all accurate.

Because I tend to go into threads with news about Sony. And someone asked a question, and i gave my answer?

This gen is the one of recycles I'm telling you. I'm not saying that this isn't an outstanding game, but this shit's just too much lately: God of War, Uncharted, Devil may Cry, Devil may Cry 4, Borderlands, Gears of War, Last of Us, Final Fantasy no. ???, Metro etc..etc... and the list can go on.
I mean haven't we had enough of this remaster garbage? They found yet another way to milk money from us with little to no effort on their part. Last gen we had the introduction of DLC, now we see more and more recycles. Don't we need new games? New franchises?

Finally, baby!

I'm getting it for free, because I bought the PS3 version already :)

Can't wait! 1080p/60fps... my eyes are gonna melt.

This gen is the one of recycles I'm telling you. I'm not saying that this isn't an outstanding game, but this shit's just too much lately: God of War, Uncharted, Devil may Cry, Devil may Cry 4, Borderlands, Gears of War, Last of Us, Final Fantasy no. ???, Metro etc..etc... and the list can go on.
I mean haven't we had enough of this remaster garbage? They found yet another way to milk money from us with little to no effort on their part. Last gen we had the introduction of DLC, now we see more and more recycles. Don't we need new games? New franchises?

Yes, they're exactly zero new games and IPs coming. God open your eyes, there's lots of new stuff coming..

Stanng243

This is a cross-buy game. If you have it digitally on PS3, you already own it on PS4. And if you've never played it on PS3, it's a new game to you. That's why cross-buy is great.

Ricky_R

Really enjoyed my time with this game, but I don't feel the urge to double dip. Those who haven't played it, though? Please do.

This is a cross-buy game. If you have it digitally on PS3, you already own it on PS4. And if you've never played it on PS3, it's a new game to you. That's why cross-buy is great.

Oh.... Didn't know that. So if I own it on PS3 I will have it for free on the PS4?

Samus4145

I never got the big deal about the game. It was an okay, and looked great with an interesting take on multiplayer, but I certainly didn't have any emotional experience.

graffix13

Some of us enjoy the remasters/remakes and experiencing a game again.

Why do people continue to complain about it?

Just like everything else in life....don't like it? Don't buy it.

Move along.

Top Bottom