• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joycons can't be used in Airplane mode? Did Nintendo deliberately lied?

Status
Not open for further replies.

opricnik

Banned
4eohUsm.jpg

In Switch reveal video they showed a dude playing on Airplane with Joy-Cons attached to their hands but in reality it says to connect console itself, so is this blatantly lying from Nintendo itself? False advertising?

Edit: Dude also uses Bluetooth Headset on both Bus section and Airplane while Switch doesnt support that(afaik ? )

Yesterday i played my Switch in airplane mode with separated controllers. There is a setting for this.

edit: The headphones in your picture are wired, you can see the cord. Did you even watch the trailer? Because they even show him plugging them in.

Oregano

Yes you can actually, it's one of the options when configuring flight mode.

Also he clearly has the headphones plugged in for fucks sake.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
im not sure if English is OPs first language, so i dont know if its appropriate to make fun of that

his post history tho

This has to be the most factual incorrect thread of the day.

Can we lock this up?

no, let the backfire happen

LordKano

His headphones are plugged and you can enable joycons on when in airplane mode.

Another one your failed pathetic attempt to dismiss the console you obviously have with a passion.

I think maybe if you spent more time studying grammar than you did delusionally crusading against a gaming device, we could kill two birds with one stone here.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Edit: Dude also uses Bluetooth Headset on both Bus section and Airplane while Switch doesnt support that(afaik ? )

While it looks a bit like it, he is not using Bluetooth in that picture tho. You can see the audio cable.

Edit: JESUS what did this guy do to get all those aggressive responses? Come the fuck on, mocking him because his English isn't flawless is just low. Fuck this, I don't care what he said in other threads.

meppi

Some are really trying too hard the last couple of days.

For whatever reason I wasn't expecting a new console wars. sigh...

Might just as well avoid forums for the next year or so. :-/

wrowa

The word choice throughout this OP is great. I too attach my game controllers to my hands when I play games. I also ask the question if a company did deliberately lied.

Don't be a jerk. OP seems to be from Turkey, making fun of someone for not being perfectly fluent in a second language is unnecessarily mean.

Skyzard

Banned
Not that I'd want to use the Switch joycons wirelessly, and turbulance or someone moving their chair back and the switch would collapse with that stand, but do you not get the image in the OP if you try this? Did he photoshop it or something? :S

Zedark

Why are we criticising OP's grammar? Seems like a ridiculous thing to do on an international forum. Criticise his content instead, there is much to criticise there.

Eumi

I mean, Nintendo are lying, but it's apparently that first image rather than the second.

Why?

Why say you can't use the joycons wirelessly in airplane mode if you can?

gogogow

Can't you use Bluetooth on airplane mode? My phone lets me use both Wi-fi and Bluetooth in that mode.

Since you can't call with the Switch, it's probably just an easy way to turn off Wifi and BT at the same time. You don't even have to use airplane mode in the plane then with the Switch. Nowadays there's wifi hotspots on airplanes and such. I doubt wireless signals will interfere with anything.

Dr. Buni

Why are we criticising OP's grammar? Seems like a ridiculous thing to do on an international forum. Criticise his content instead, there is much to criticise there.
The Switch defense force is quite clearly annoyed at the complaints about the system and are now attacking personally the complainers. : /

I don't really own the system yet, so I can't comment on how good or bad it is. But I think it is silly to try to shut down people's negative opinions on it. Just plain childish.

Zedark

So I just tested it. When you turn flight mode on, bluetooth will turn off as well. After toggling flight mode you turn bluetooth on manually (with the joy-cons attached to the system of course) and after that you can play with separate joy-cons. Would have been better with a separate bluetooth toggle imo, but it works well enough.
The Switch defense force is quite clearly annoyed at the complaints about the system and are now attacking personally the complainers. : /

I don't really own the system yet, so I can't comment on how good or bad it is. But I think it is silly to try to shut down people's negative opinions on it. Just plain childish.
That may be the case, but it should be noted that this thread, especially with the wording it has, is clearly meant to drive (unfounded) negativity towards the system, which is pretty whimsical considering the premise of the OP is completely false and even badly researched (like, he missed the fact that the headphone was plugged in and made a comment on it). This thread is clearly based on a profound desire to say something negative about Switch/Nintendo (which will not surprise you when you check OP's post history on the Switch). Still no excuse to attack someone's grammar of course.

L~A

Yes, you can use Joycons in Airplane mode.

System Settings > Flight Mode > Activate Flight Mode.

Doing that activates three additional options, that let you manually turn on the following:

- Controller Connection (Bluetooth) (automatically activate when the main unit is docked, by the way)
- Wi-Fi
- NFC

So, there was no lying or misleading.

NSESN

So I just tested it. When you turn flight mode on, bluetooth will turn off as well. After toggling flight mode you turn bluetooth on manually (with the joy-cons attached to the system of course) and after that you can play with separate joy-cons. Would have been better with a separate bluetooth toggle imo, but it works well enough.

Thanks for properly correcting the OP before misinformation spreads instead of only making fun of the thread.

Oregano

Except it's not a negative opinion, it's absolute bullshit.

cJ3gCpQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom