• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

jpop stars vs american popstars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake.

these are just some i find good looking, i know some people in particular don't like koda kumi but whatever. these are pretty crappy quality as i spent about 2mins searching for them and hence aren't the best pictures. again, i'm talking looks not music...

ai otsuka:
40053136.jpg

01pp2.jpg

koda kumi:
bestfirst-pic5.jpg

yui:
Y130.jpg

boa (she's korean but still jpop):
w3pj0.jpg

tnw

Banned
I can see where guys might be into Yamada Yu. I love the ads she's in for Tokyo Metro (subway)

c0029571_811233.jpg

Stele

Holds a little red book
Boa without makeup and the fancy hair products would probably be a very average looking Korean girl. I can almost imagine it.

Troidal

Stele said:
Boa without makeup and the fancy hair products would probably be a very average looking Korean girl. I can almost imagine it.

Yeah, with less make-up, she does look average.

It's amazing how eyeliners and all the cosmetics can change a girl's face.
Japanese are very good at it and keeping it less obvious too.

tnw

Banned
coldvein said:
From the pics posted thus far, asian popstars have no tits.

Well there's the Kano sisters, but they are more of that 'I'm a slut who sleeps for rich men's money' kind of look, rather than the cute look most people are posting here.

Kano_sisters.jpg

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
tnw said:
Well there's the Kano sisters, but they are more of that 'I'm a slut who sleeps for rich men's money' kind of look, rather than the cute look most people are posting here.

Kano_sisters.jpg

They aren't pop stars though. They are just media whores (literally)

bud

metdroid said:
Oh yeah, I forgot that I can't tell the difference between my reflection and a room full of girls

Maybe you have eye problems which cause you to see a lot of reflections of yourself

bud

There you go

I suggest you get your eyes checked and also pay a visit to your dentist, if you have one

G-Fex

Thai said:
am I allowed to laugh at this?

post already about five thousands times by the same poster? Nah.

Anyways, I forgot to add that they get Ayumi and her songs like evolution and step you and real me and all that. While America gets Fergalicious and Gwen Stefani's Yodeling songs.

Yeah...I'm going to go with J-Pop.

But i'm a huge J-rock fan though I don't tell a soul about it.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
shidoshi said:
My favorite gal, Sonim. (Technically, she's Korean, but she's a J-pop singer.)

sonim1221.jpg

I wonder if you know that she has an idol video with pretty much nothing but her running around and bouncing in slow motion. It's not exactly erotic or anything though and the way it's filmed and the subject matter are rather dark.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Brobzoid said:
Isn't cute the japanese equvelant of the american slut(in image)? I seriously doubt it's about the music.
Heh, I just saw this image and figured it was appropriate for that quote. :D

kagopr2.jpg

But no, there's definitely the slut element in the jpop scene as well. Just look at anything Koda Kumi.

Takuan

Same shit. They're mostly pretty people who've been processed into idols pushing some manufactured image of stardom. Both US and East Asian popstars can be pretty hot in their own unique ways. It's pointless trying to establish which side is "hotter".

Both are shit, but Japanese is worse by a TENFOLD. ( See my "Junior Herb" under my name, I upset some animu loving mod, and his horrible taste in music)

penguini

Banned
These days, JPOP is just as bland and boring as APOP. After Namie Amuro's Sweet 19 Blues it was the beginning of the end for JPOP.

Dude, J-music and British music is all I peep. And I'm from middle-America...

Eastern Youth changed the way I looked at music forever. If you don't know who Eastern Youth is, you should. I've got all my friends in my band up on that shit. Check out Ashioto for the best song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom