• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Judgment Gets Two New Videos Introducing Major Characters With Their English Voice Actors

Mista

Banned
judgment-image-1024x576.jpg

First we have Masaharu Kaito, a friend of the main protagonist who is rough around the edges being a former Yakuza, but always loyal and ready to have a friend’s back when things go south. His English voice actor is Crispin Freeman, who describes Kaito as a “hurricane character,” who he plays as close to the spirit of the original as possible.

Then we have Mafuyu Fuji, a female prosecutor who is an on and off romantic interest to the main protagonist. Despite their feelings, they clash, which English voice actor Cherami Leigh sees as part of the appeal as it creates a grounded, multidimensional character. You can see both videos from the official RGG Twitter below.

Kazza

It sounds like the actors are doing a great job, and the dub will hopefully attract new people to the series.

For me personally, I've become too accustomed to Japanese voices to play this in English. I suppose I could play in English on a second playthrough, but these type of games tend to be too long for me to play a second time. (I'm just lucky to find the time for a single playthrough)

Boss Mog

It's a shame about the over the top, nonsensical combat in these games. It completely takes me out of the experience. I would've much preferred somewhat more realistic combat like in Shenmue or Sleeping Dogs.

mejin

I' surprised at the effort they are making for this game. I'll still play with the original voices, but I'm happy.

Humdinger

I was reminded this morning that Judgment will be out next month. I'd forgotten. I will probably wait a while before picking it up, because I'm a little burnt on the Yakuza franchise at the moment (having played 0, 1, and 2 within the past year or so), but I'm definitely interested. I'll probably go with the English voice actors, rather than subtitles.

Conan-san

I enjoyed the game and I’m sure it didn’t flop

Never said flopped. I meant that to be it did so well that Sega's (reasonable, Yakuza 1's dub was a nightmare of a beast that was only saved by casting Mark Hamil to do his joker voice) hessitence to do english voice localizations for Yakuza games has subsided.

Top Bottom