• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Juice Wrld dead at 21 - seizure

TheContact

RIP

What's the 27 Club?
We ain't making it past 21
I been going through paranoia
So I always gotta keep a gun
Damn, that's the world we live in now
Yeah, hold on, just hear me out
They tell me I'ma be a legend
I don't want that title now
'Cause all the legends seem to die out
What the fuck is this 'bout?

I memed on his music but he made it with no face tats and no features. I remember watching his Breakfast Club interview this year while playing Sekiro, he honestly deserved better and I hope this wasn't because of drug abuse.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Rocking the private jet and massive success and you can't just go legit and leave the trafficking to someone else? Sad stuff, RIP.

Azzurri

69f7ccab16a8487b8fd8bf4d5859b96e_md.jpg

So, he was carrying 70lbs of weed and his crew had a bunch of guns. Sounds like he had intent of selling or he's just a huge moron.

Pretty crazy how the story turned.

I didn't like his music and it sucks to die at 21, but if it was because he downed a ton of Percocets beforehand then I don't feel sorry for him.

Last edited:

mekes

Its a shame he didn’t survive to gain the valuable lesson from this scenario. Still young and had plenty of time to learn and grow.

Stupid and sad it is. RIP

belmarduk

Isn't recreational marijuana going to be legal in Illinois in a few weeks?
All that money and can't find a doctor to write a prescription?

This is all so senseless!

Last edited:

dream

FFS at least have some bit of decency, the dude just died. This society's losing all respect for the deceased, that's insane.

Anyway, all personal feelings aside: RIP
This is bizarre to me. Why do the dead deserve respect by default? More saliently, why do the dead who died through their own stupidity deserve respect?

I don't like modern day rap music, but I really loved his songs. I remember logging on twitter and seeing his face yesterday without reading the title, and feeling like, no please no.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
FFS at least have some bit of decency, the dude just died. This society's losing all respect for the deceased, that's insane.

Anyway, all personal feelings aside: RIP

I wasn't the most experienced 21 year old in the world, I'm not the smartest guy around, I'm really not trying to humble brag here or anything...but even in high school I knew swallowing a bunch of fucking narcotics would kill anyone. It sucks that a life was lost, and at such a young age, but come the fuck on dude. You might as well have jumped outta the plane at cruising altitude when you heard feds were waiting for you on the ground.

This is bizarre to me. Why do the dead deserve respect by default? More saliently, why do the dead who died through their own stupidity deserve respect?

Because when you're in a society that feels like they can't leave well enough alone, you end up with tabloids trying to desecrate the reputation and image of people who've been dead for decades. It's not about liking the people in question, but it's a kind of mutual respect. It's one of those things that's traditionally helped keep societies stable and whatnot.

Unfortunately I think the spread of atheism is leading to the desecration of things like respect for the deceased, it's indicative of society in general degrading imho.

Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Rocking the private jet and massive success and you can't just go legit and leave the trafficking to someone else? Sad stuff, RIP.

Always amazes me when wealthy famous people do stupid things like this. If I ever hit the big time Id play on the straight and narrow to keep myself out of jail and healthy to enjoy my success for as long as I could.

dream

Because when you're in a society that feels like they can't leave well enough alone, you end up with tabloids trying to desecrate the reputation and image of people who've been dead for decades. It's not about liking the people in question, but it's a kind of mutual respect. It's one of those things that's traditionally helped keep societies stable and whatnot.

Unfortunately I think the spread of atheism is leading to the desecration of things like respect for the deceased, it's indicative of society in general degrading imho.
I don’t disagree that there can be a certain sanctity to the concept of life. But at the same time, laughing at preposterous and avoidable deaths strikes me as a way to not get mired in and consumed by this degradation of society that you identified.

I don’t disagree that there can be a certain sanctity to the concept of life. But at the same time, laughing at preposterous and avoidable deaths strikes me as a way to not get mired in and consumed by this degradation of society that you identified.

I guess that's fair enough, as long as people are consistent about it.

I like how people are using him not being perfect as an excuse to not have any common decency.

The irony is thick with that lot, indeed. And not the good thick, either.

Last edited:
I will admit, "Lucid Dreams" was a guilty pleasure of mine summer of 2018. Thought it was Post Malone first time I heard it.

Still though, all these SoundCloud rappers seem to die so young. Peep died around the same age, right? In any case, RIP.

Last edited:
I’ve never heard of this guy, but then again all the generic mumble rappers sound the same to me. Shit way to go, I feel for his family, but my empathy cup doesn’t have much room for self inflicted druggie degenerates. RIP.

Last edited:

Mistake

And that’s when god said “you dun goofed son”

He had things going for him and went straight down. What a shame

Last edited:
Wat? Dude it has nothing to do with their color or their behavior; it's called having some decency and standards. Something some of you guys traded away a LONG time ago, apparently.
You demonstrated a great deal of "decency and standards" whilst defending that idiot who crippled the old lady outside Chick-Fil A.

Top Bottom