• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JUICY RUMOR: Next Resident Evil similar to Revelations, E3 2014, not RE7

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantII

Ammo was never 'extremely limited' in RE. Unless you're playing for the first time, or very badly, or squandering, you will have enough ammo to kill anything that takes your fancy.

I wouldn't say limited, but first playthroughs ammo / item management was very important. You could easily find yourself running low or making a mistake of using something on one section that would have been better later.

Subsequent playthroughs, and knowing item placements, there were no issues amassing a small arsenal.

Also don't forget that save rooms and item carry restriction also added to the tension, forcing decisions and planning. Later RE's there that all out the window for a large arsenal and ammo pooping enemies.

Revelations-type game does not mean "smaller scope, handheld game".

Just because it'll have similar design ideas it'll be the same as Revelations.

There's not much to say what they're talking about in terms of game scale or scope. But I wouldn't assume that it's the biggest RE yet and just happens not to be numbered.

Revelaitons' only good part is the level on the ship. The rest is quite meh.

Let's hope they can produce something better.

RE5 and 6 were funny but terrible.

There's not much to say what they're talking about in terms of game scale or scope. But I wouldn't assume that it's the biggest RE yet and just happens not to be numbered.
True, but we can at least assume a "normal" spin off on current gen hardware wouldn't be exaclty cheap to make.

Unless they get Spark Unlimited to do it

Call it "Biohazard 7: Biohazard 5-6 never happened," and we're cool Capcom.

Biohazard: Degeneration/Damnation.

Degeneration introduced Tricell that is "introduced" in Bio5.

Dunno abotu Damnation. Never watched it.

Damnation is amazing. Super cheesy, but Leon Vs 3 Mr X's was epic as hell.

Squalor

If they're going to continue this beaten-horse franchise, they just need to start all over again.

There have been too many mediocre and bad games in a row.

Revelations was a middling game with a ton of recycled content. Why people think it's somehow a purer experience than RE4/5/6 is beyond me.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yikes. Someone who thought RE6 was better than Revelations. Now that is true horror.

Did any of the insiders suggest platforms? I'm guessing nextgen only?
Where'd I say re6 is better than rer? I said rer is not good and re"7" would need some tweaks from re6 to be good.

The games on 360 are less than 10 points away on metacritic. The number of people pretending they are like massively differetly received games is the real laugher.

People seem to be looking too much into the revelations thing. Sounds like they're going to stick closer to the feeling behind revelations towards more survival/puzzle/horror instead of the over the top action fest of 6. Also people complaining about re revelations being recycled or a weak game. It was a freaking handheld game. Of course it doesn't have the AAA quality the console games had.

Gxgear

Having a hard time believing this since Capcom always go for the bottom line, and 6 has the best sales in the series.

18-Volt

Is it too much to ask for a RE Vita? I'll take anything, even a HD port. In fact, RE4+Code Veronica Vita would be glorious.

Riposte

RER is not so good. They should just make RE6 with better encounter design and pacing and that'd be good.

Agreed (although I only think the pacing was iffy in RE6, but that could be alleviate with jumping around with chapters). Revelations was pretty poor compared to other modern Resident Evils. Maybe they'll get it right this time.

RE6 is much, much better than RE:R.

EDIT: I think the character with no previous appearances would be Alex Wesker. On the other hand, maybe News Bot has just gone completely insane and these are his delusions.

If they're going to continue this beaten-horse franchise, they just need to start all over again.

There have been too many mediocre and bad games in a row.

Resident Evil needs a reboot more than any other gaming franchise in my opinion. So much gameplay and story baggage. I don't even care if the reboot went back to being survival horror or went full on into 3rd person cover shooter territory.

mekes

Glad to hear there will more than likely be some old (OLD) characters returning. Every other character has been ruined.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
While I didn't think RE:R was all that great I must say I enjoyed it a lot more than RE6. So if this is true then I see it as a positive step in the right direction.

I got happy when it said 2 returning characters, but then he said female. I finally thought they'd bring
Steve Burnside
back :(

Someone told me that he's 100% dead, but I remember specifically that Wesker said "he can be revived." They said he took a sample from his body for something else, but you never know. He could always just be brought back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom