• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JUICY RUMOR: Next Resident Evil similar to Revelations, E3 2014, not RE7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
RER is not so good. They should just make RE6 with better encounter design and pacing and that'd be good.

FTF

Does the certain fans part mean exclusive, or just certain RE fans? Hmm…almost a week away! E3 hype building.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
They should stop with the numbers for main titles anyway, this isnt FF.

VICI0US

i'm okay with this

of course i'd prefer a full blown REmake-caliber game, but revelations was leagues better than 6.

Y2Kev

RER is the closest they have been to a good RE in years. I hope they abandon all that shit from RE6.

Why is it the closest? Even fans seem to admit that half the game is not good. I don't really understand.

Darksol

The last Resident Evil I liked was Nemesis, so I don't really care about buying another RE game, but distancing themselves from RE6 is probably in their best interest.

L~A

Oh, I'd love that so much. Really enjoyed Revelations, though it could be even better with more OG RE moments in it. RER had a nice balance between action/horror, so I wouldn't mind if the next RE was like this one.

kasane

RER is not so good. They should just make RE6 with better encounter design and pacing and that'd be good.

if you're not trolling ( as per usual )

i would like that they just improve the re6 gameplay into what fans want

gameplay was actually fun

Why is it the closest? Even fans seem to admit that half the game is not good. I don't really understand.

Because it's the closest to emulate the classic games in structure ad atmosphere (even if it was super half assed). As busted as RE6 was when I played it, I had way more fun with that one and also wouldn't mind further improvements in that direction.

random25

RE:R is the closest the RE franchise ever had to returning to survival horror since basically abandoning it from RE5 (or RE4 depending on some people). I would love to have the next game a return to its roots with modernized game mechanics.

cvxfreak

For someone who hasn't played Revelations... What do you mean when you say Revelations like?

CODE: Veronica, Revelations and this upcoming title are main series Resident Evil entries without a number. They're still equally important to the games with numbers. (or, are equally canon)

Revelations was a pretty mediocre game, and pretty action packed at that but with worse combat mechanics than 5 and certainly 6. Getting locked into a room where you have to kill 50 hunters, so spooky! Even Resident Evil 6 didn't do things like that. Makes me wonder if people who say it's a return to form actually played the older games.

Hopefully if they're attempting a return to roots of sorts again they actually follow through on that and don't make a shitty action game instead.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Some chapter is too action focused, but the vast majority is great in keeping a modern approach tied to the roots. that and the spencer dlc should be seen by capcom as a guide to follow, imho.

Y2Kev

if you're not trolling ( as per usual )

i would like that they just improve the re6 gameplay into what fans want

gameplay was actually fun

Because it's the closest to emulate the classic games in structure ad atmosphere (even if it was super half assed). As busted as RE6 was when I played it, I had way more fun with that one and also wouldn't mind further improvements in that direction.

RE:R is the closest the RE franchise ever had to returning to survival horror since basically abandoning it from RE5 (or RE4 depending on some people). I would love to have the next game a return to its roots with modernized game mechanics.

I feel like I see this all the time but I really don't understand it. There is a part of the game that is claustrophobic, dark, and "scary" like classic RE, but there is an even larger part that is all about action and shooting things. There are very significant pieces of RE6 that are like classic RE as well (like 90% of Leon's campaign). I don't even really love RE6, but I think RER gets a tremendous pass despite lacking the really intricate, interlocking level design of the classic games, having essentially no puzzles, no enemy variety, some uninteresting boss fights, and some other issues I don't know if I should go into here.

I'd love to see people really elaborate on why they like this game. I can certainly list out why RE6 is better than most people give it credit for being!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom