Julian Assange arrested by British police at Ecuadorean embassy

Sqorin Hammerfarf

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2018
You're stating that they were politically aligned but that they absolutely weren't working with them. The latter is a non-falsifiable belief.
This is a fair statement, but somewhat unhelpful. The only reason we think WikiLeaks was working with Russia is because of Guccifer 2.0, which is false. While it is theoretically possible that they were working with Russia, there's no evidence to show it one way or another. It's kind of like saying unicorns exist because you can't prove they don't.

Ah. I remember this one. It wasn't actually WikiLeaks that leaked the Turkish women. It was a different group that leaked that information and the Western media (either intentionally or not) attributed it to WikiLeaks due to its close proximity to the Erdogan emails release. I remember the WikiLeaks Twitter account disputing this claim when it happened. I'll see if I can find the tweets.

edit: https://wikileaks.org/10years/distorted-facts.html
edit2:

Last edited:

Sqorin Hammerfarf

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2018
"She did not make it clear if he had used his own poo or someone else’s."

Mother fucker, is this what passes as journalism these days? How could they miss the most important part of the story?

Also, with the constant stream of lies being lobbied at Assange, I think I'm going to need a second source to collaborate this claim.

Kadayi

Probable Replicant
Oct 10, 2012
theconclave.net
Can't believe the cunts killed my thread. Not impressed. What the fuck is this? Resetera?
You put 'Cunt' in a Thread Title dude.

Some of us work in offices, open plan offices, with lots of female co-workers around us and unfortunately, they're not Australians, and nor is the HR department. I don't particularly care to explain what I'm looking at when I'm browsing GAF during my lunch hour because your urge to drop in the grossest most offensive profanity to women in almost every post apparently knows no bounds. Apply some common sense. If that seems a bridge too far for you, then perhaps this isn't the forum for you after all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arkage and Cybrwzrd

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
He takes the risk, but should we as citizens support the government cracking down on whistleblowers? And what do you envision as "not losing" for someone who took on the most powerful government in the history of the world?

"Not losing" would be the public supporting truth and sunlight. Instead, the gullible left was told he was working for the Russians, and callous people who aren't facing prison, torture, or death are fine with him paying that price. He knew he was likely to pay that price, and did what he did anyway. All the mainstream news personalities put together are maybe worth one Julian Assange.
Not losing is getting public opinion on his side, same with the Founding Fathers. The revolutionary war would have never been won had the populace decided to support the tories.

Americans at large are pretty loyal to their soldiers for whatever reason. Maybe releasing information that could be seen as a danger to troops wasn’t good for his PR campaign to win the public’s hearts and minds.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
This is a fair statement, but somewhat unhelpful. The only reason we think WikiLeaks was working with Russia is because of Guccifer 2.0, which is false. While it is theoretically possible that they were working with Russia, there's no evidence to show it one way or another. It's kind of like saying unicorns exist because you can't prove they don't.
There were some...unusual videos RT released about their non-involvement with Wikileaks back then, and Wikileaks retweeted them. This one raised an eyebrow when I came across it in 2016:

Sqorin Hammerfarf

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2018

Some of us work in offices, open plan offices, with lots of female co-workers around us and unfortunately, they're not Australians, and nor is the HR department I don't particularly care to explain what I'm looking at when I'm browsing GAF during my lunch hour because your urge to drop in the grossest most offensive profanity to women in almost every post apparently knows no bounds. Apply some common sense. If that seems a bridge too far for you, then perhaps this isn't the forum for you after all.
Relax. He doesn't mean anything by it. It's a condition of his. It's called Smurf Tourettes, or more colloquially known as Smurfettes. It was named after the Smurfs, which were almost universally afflicted with it. So he may mean something like "I went to the store to buy some eggs" and it comes out as "I cunt to the cunt to cunt some cunts".

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jun 26, 2007
Best Coast
There were some...unusual videos RT released about their non-involvement with Wikileaks back then, and Wikileaks retweeted them. This one raised an eyebrow when I came across it in 2016:

I don't see the video as suspicious. It's supposed to poke fun at how absurd these accusations without evidence are.

Kadayi

Probable Replicant
Oct 10, 2012
theconclave.net
Relax. He doesn't mean anything by it. It's a condition of his. It's called Smurf Tourettes, or more colloquially known as Smurfettes. It was named after the Smurfs, which were almost universally afflicted with it. So he may mean something like "I went to the store to buy some eggs" and it comes out as "I cunt to the cunt to cunt some cunts".
You get the like for the laugh, but this is a forum for everyone everywhere and it's important that people understand and appreciate that. Some consideration is in order.

Sqorin Hammerfarf

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2018

Looks like shitposting to me. If I remember correctly, RT used to shitpost quite a bit during the 2016 election (and not just about WikiLeaks), but they stopped after people started taking the Russiagate thing seriously.

Dontero

Apr 19, 2018
I don't have any issue with the DNC leaks themselves. The aspect that looked suspicious was trickling it all out over the course of the election cycle, for maximum impact on the election result, rather than an infodump.

IIRC the paper that Snowden gave his files to performed a similar public release schedule, but that wasn't performed in such an openly partisan manner or by a foreign entity.
Like you said yourself it is standard journalistic practice to drop feed information to maximize impact on readers so they don't miss important story. Wikileaks is allowed to do that and there is no limit to amount of time they could do it. Pieces about catholic church sex scandal in 2001 in US were printed over 12 months with most of the content in first 4 months.

There was no partisanship here and even if there was, no one has the right to claim that Wikileaks did "damage" because they were just exposing to voters about fraud going on in DNC, much like you can't claim "partisanship" because CNN publishes dirt on Trump which is true. I am yet to see anyone saying same stuff about either Fox News or CNN which points out how propaganda hurts journalistic work.

That new set of standards for Wikileaks is troubling news no one seems to notice and i saw clearly how insane journalists got from mass media US news over period of 2016 election.

The main "partisanship" claims here also never had any foot to stand on and it was basically propaganda parroted by everyone because it served their political goals to smear Wikileaks and damage control.

1. Not printing republican stuff about Trump. This claim always was bunk. Wikileaks does have right to publish whatever they want, if they considered that Trump stuff was nothing big they had right not to publish. Assange said about it: And of course we're very interested in all countries, to reveal the truth about any candidate, so people can understand, but actually it's really hard for us to release anything worse than what comes out of Donald Trump's mouth every second day. And there is no reason to doubt that if anyone has anything in their brain. All of US media outside of FOX dig for Trump info non stop publishing stories after stories about him. Ergo no reason for Wikileaks to publish anything about Trump since they didn't have any good info and mainstream press already is doing that work.

2. Being biassed about DNC. Again another bunk. Wikileaks has long history of leaking Republican dirt. From Iraq/Afganistan dirt which everyone knows about to literally wait for it.... publishing Sarah Palin emails in 2008 elections. Yes you heard it right. Original "But her emails". Which only shows you how ridiculous whole claim is.

3. Not publishing anything about Russia. There are two things here. First of Wikileaks is pretty much against whole "west" now. It would be only reasonable if journalists who know like i previously already have shown you that US and other nations pursue journalists to leave some nations scoot free in order to have safe heaven once shit will hit the fan. For very same reason Pulitzer Prize winner Green Greenwald is living now in Brazil instead of US because due his work with Snowden he doesn't feel secure anymore in US and he himself was just a hair from being treated like Assange is now.

And here is the most damning part. You can just open Wikileaks and type in Russia and you will get 660 000 documents with Russia. It is not that much compared to western stuff but explanation for that is very easy and it was stated multiple times by Wikileaks. Wikileaks publishes only information it can prove comes from credible source. So they don't just print anything they got in mailbox, especially in language they have no staff to check. They require verification of people who send it via really complicated encryption protocols with multiple safe locks. All because they have to protect their sources which could lose life. The other part is much simpler. They are western based media agency. Assange and Wikileaks staff who we know are all english speaking, french, etc but barely anyone from Russia if at all. They occasionally print stuff related to other nations if they get some information but they are not obligated to do it in first place. Most of the time they print material from western nation about foreign nation much like US cables about corruption in Tunisia which led to fall of Tunisian government and officially started Arab spring.

Asking them to print stuff about Russia or China is like asking CNN to print leaks from Russia or China.
Again, new set of standards no one has to follow but Wikileaks.

Meanwhile amount of important stuff Wikileaks published since its inception is in numbers no other news organization could match in same time period.

Out of TIMEs top 10 most important leaks 4 out 10 are Wikileaks.

Those 4 leaks should receive shower of awards (no one from Wikileaks got anything!!) as they were effectively monumental to public and Wikileaks itself. Literally Arab spring that toppled dictators left and right in rise of oppressed people started because of Wikileaks effects of which can only be compared to something like killing Archduke in wake of WW1. Tunisia, Libya, Egypt and so on all dictators who ruled those natiosn eventually were toppled like dominoes when their corruption, killings got to the light.

Not only that but in time when Snowden was fleeing provided him lawyers and council what to do and where to go and ultimately advised him to stay in Russia (before he got his passport revoked) because they had leaks that Europe governments are in all out hunt for him and they would put down any plane with him on board and it was proven right when Evo Morales Bolivian president plane was grounded and searched against international law just on suspicion that they had Snowden in board, all without any kind of international or EU arrest warrant (!!)

Now thanks to them, biggest single whistleblower in history can live in relative safety.

Last edited:

TheShadowLord

Jan 7, 2018
I'm sure he will be fine.Trump will give him a pardon or something. Snowden on the other hand though.....

Last edited:

Dontero

Apr 19, 2018
Character assassination 101.

Why Assange never did it before when he was under protection of previous president ?
Why we never heard any crazy stories ?

Everything started with new president which is pro-US.

New president is a fucking scumbag that illegally removed his Ecuadorian citizenship against Ecuador constitution and then give him out to UK police illegally again against Ecuadorian constitution.

He is also involved in corruption scandal at home because Wikileaks published documents showing he has offshore accounts where he stashes his corrupted money which itself is part of Panama Papers (you know that PP which wikileaks was not supposed to publish or something lol)

CurryPanda

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2019
Character assassination 101.

Why Assange never did it before when he was under protection of previous president ?
Why we never heard any crazy stories ?

Everything started with new president which is pro-US.

New president is a fucking scumbag that illegally removed his Ecuadorian citizenship against Ecuador constitution and then give him out to UK police illegally again against Ecuadorian constitution.

He is also involved in corruption scandal at home because Wikileaks published documents showing he has offshore accounts where he stashes his corrupted money which itself is part of Panama Papers (you know that PP which wikileaks was not supposed to publish or something lol)
Yep. There’s corruption everywhere and Elites got sick of the leaks exposing them and got assange arrested. Now they are going to drag him through the dirt.

Also, pay close attention to which scumbags celebrate his arrest.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Like you said yourself it is standard journalistic practice to drop feed information to maximize impact on readers so they don't miss important story. Wikileaks is allowed to do that and there is no limit to amount of time they could do it. Pieces about catholic church sex scandal in 2001 in US were printed over 12 months with most of the content in first 4 months.

There was no partisanship here and even if there was, no one has the right to claim that Wikileaks did "damage" because they were just exposing to voters about fraud going on in DNC, much like you can't claim "partisanship" because CNN publishes dirt on Trump which is true. I am yet to see anyone saying same stuff about either Fox News or CNN which points out how propaganda hurts journalistic work.

That new set of standards for Wikileaks is troubling news no one seems to notice and i saw clearly how insane journalists got from mass media US news over period of 2016 election.

The main "partisanship" claims here also never had any foot to stand on and it was basically propaganda parroted by everyone because it served their political goals to smear Wikileaks and damage control.

1. Not printing republican stuff about Trump. This claim always was bunk. Wikileaks does have right to publish whatever they want, if they considered that Trump stuff was nothing big they had right not to publish. Assange said about it: And of course we're very interested in all countries, to reveal the truth about any candidate, so people can understand, but actually it's really hard for us to release anything worse than what comes out of Donald Trump's mouth every second day. And there is no reason to doubt that if anyone has anything in their brain. All of US media outside of FOX dig for Trump info non stop publishing stories after stories about him. Ergo no reason for Wikileaks to publish anything about Trump since they didn't have any good info and mainstream press already is doing that work.

2. Being biassed about DNC. Again another bunk. Wikileaks has long history of leaking Republican dirt. From Iraq/Afganistan dirt which everyone knows about to literally wait for it.... publishing Sarah Palin emails in 2008 elections. Yes you heard it right. Original "But her emails". Which only shows you how ridiculous whole claim is.

3. Not publishing anything about Russia. There are two things here. First of Wikileaks is pretty much against whole "west" now. It would be only reasonable if journalists who know like i previously already have shown you that US and other nations pursue journalists to leave some nations scoot free in order to have safe heaven once shit will hit the fan. For very same reason Pulitzer Prize winner Green Greenwald is living now in Brazil instead of US because due his work with Snowden he doesn't feel secure anymore in US and he himself was just a hair from being treated like Assange is now.

And here is the most damning part. You can just open Wikileaks and type in Russia and you will get 660 000 documents with Russia. It is not that much compared to western stuff but explanation for that is very easy and it was stated multiple times by Wikileaks. Wikileaks publishes only information it can prove comes from credible source. So they don't just print anything they got in mailbox, especially in language they have no staff to check. They require verification of people who send it via really complicated encryption protocols with multiple safe locks. All because they have to protect their sources which could lose life. The other part is much simpler. They are western based media agency. Assange and Wikileaks staff who we know are all english speaking, french, etc but barely anyone from Russia if at all. They occasionally print stuff related to other nations if they get some information but they are not obligated to do it in first place. Most of the time they print material from western nation about foreign nation much like US cables about corruption in Tunisia which led to fall of Tunisian government and officially started Arab spring.

Asking them to print stuff about Russia or China is like asking CNN to print leaks from Russia or China.
Again, new set of standards no one has to follow but Wikileaks.

Meanwhile amount of important stuff Wikileaks published since its inception is in numbers no other news organization could match in same time period.

Out of TIMEs top 10 most important leaks 4 out 10 are Wikileaks.

Those 4 leaks should receive shower of awards (no one from Wikileaks got anything!!) as they were effectively monumental to public and Wikileaks itself. Literally Arab spring that toppled dictators left and right in rise of oppressed people started because of Wikileaks effects of which can only be compared to something like killing Archduke in wake of WW1. Tunisia, Libya, Egypt and so on all dictators who ruled those natiosn eventually were toppled like dominoes when their corruption, killings got to the light.

Not only that but in time when Snowden was fleeing provided him lawyers and council what to do and where to go and ultimately advised him to stay in Russia (before he got his passport revoked) because they had leaks that Europe governments are in all out hunt for him and they would put down any plane with him on board and it was proven right when Evo Morales Bolivian president plane was grounded and searched against international law just on suspicion that they had Snowden in board, all without any kind of international or EU arrest warrant (!!)

Now thanks to them, biggest single whistleblower in history can live in relative safety.
I don’t mean to be offensive when I say this, but I totally read this email in the Boris Badenov from Bullwinkle voice. I’m sure English isn’t your first language and I understand how difficult foreign languages are. but the grammar is just so stereotypically Eastern European.

That being said it is an interesting take on the subject.

CurryPanda

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2019
Trump is a fucking liar.

All throughout his campaign he mentioned Wikileaks all the time.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Trump is a fucking liar.

I saw this clip today and did a spittake. He literally said "I love Wikileaks" during a 2016 campaign speech while he thumbed through some papers (I'm assuming they were copies of some of the leaks).

That said, it's smart of him to play dumb and defer to the department that would actually handle it. Docile/deferent Trump really confuses his political opponents.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Oh look. Trump plays dumb and he gets his ideological opponents to play info about Wikileaks to their audience. :pie_invert:

I'm not saying he's a genius, but c'mon... if he's so dumb, why does his same shtick work over and over again without fail?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
He just gave CNN/MSNBC their shit they will run all week long. Maybe he is playing chess again. :pie_roffles:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
The Democrats seem totally unaware that Assange is considered a folk hero among a not-insignificant part of their base.

Speaking out against him now would be like throwing in the full weight of your support behind Jussie Smollett.

Dontero

Apr 19, 2018
I don’t mean to be offensive when I say this, but I totally read this email in the Boris Badenov from Bullwinkle voice. I’m sure English isn’t your first language and I understand how difficult foreign languages are. but the grammar is just so stereotypically Eastern European.

Maybe you should read my other post where i clearly state i am from Poland. Point is that my hate for Russians flows in my blood more than yours as we have more time spend with Russians in actual war than your whole country exists. It is also very time consuming to properly write essentially article trying to source things so can't really double check grammar before hitting "post reply".

Also it is not "my take". "my take" assumes side in story. What i spoke about is easily verified and i did source my claims and it is actual story told by actual journalists who aren't partisan hacks like Green Greenwald who despite his obvious left leaning bias can reliably report stuff on both sides of US politics.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Sep 29, 2014
He just gave CNN/MSNBC their shit they will run all week long. Maybe he is playing chess again. :pie_roffles:
Well, he is playing chess with a bunch of pigeons in the media. He could even be playing checkers and all they would do is strut around like they won and shit all over the board.

Cybrwzrd

Sep 29, 2014
Maybe you should read my other post where i clearly state i am from Poland. Point is that my hate for Russians flows in my blood more than yours as we have more time spend with Russians in actual war than your whole country exists. It is also very time consuming to properly write essentially article trying to source things so can't really double check grammar before hitting "post reply".

Also it is not "my take". "my take" assumes side in story. What i spoke about is easily verified and i did source my claims and it is actual story told by actual journalists who aren't partisan hacks like Green Greenwald who despite his obvious left leaning bias can reliably report stuff on both sides of US politics.
I meant no offense, as I said. It just made me chuckle. As I’ve said, I have really mixed opinions on this issue, I understand the need to arrest him, and I also understand why that is a bad thing. My hope is some good comes out of it and that it opens the public’s eyes.

Dontero

Apr 19, 2018
The thing is that even if he took part personally in it he would be considered still a whistleblower not a spy.

US torture program
US black sites
Iraq war diaries (US military knowingly hid evidence pointing out to death of journalists claiming tapes were "lost")
Afgan war diaries (similar as above, US military killed journalist and hid evidence)

Those are all real. Not only showing US army hiding evidence when it killed civilians and journalists but showing that US runs torture program against its constitution.

CurryPanda

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2019

You’re in Poland? Nice. I hope to visit Poland one day.

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006
Trump is a fucking liar.

This is standard Trump, though. The media will sperg over their latest petty gotcha and look like lunatics over a passing remark that follows the collusion narrative being obliterated. They will try to insinuate that this means Trump was working with WL despite the 2-year researched report which shows otherwise.

What will average people remember 18 months from now? That Trump lied about nothing, or that the media kept making up shit in the face of the evidence?

CurryPanda

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2019
They just want Assange out of the way. This is to chill dissent because the Neocons are going to war soon. Count on it. Also:

The MSM is an enemy to people, and always will be. They’re all establishment Goblins.

Last edited:

hariseldon

Aug 22, 2018

Some of us work in offices, open plan offices, with lots of female co-workers around us and unfortunately, they're not Australians, and nor is the HR department. I don't particularly care to explain what I'm looking at when I'm browsing GAF during my lunch hour because your urge to drop in the grossest most offensive profanity to women in almost every post apparently knows no bounds. Apply some common sense. If that seems a bridge too far for you, then perhaps this isn't the forum for you after all.
Who put sand in your cunt?

hariseldon

Aug 22, 2018
Sad to say he was once a decent cunt. Now he's just a cunty cunt. May he bleed for 7 days and not die.