• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Julian Assange exploring ways to guest host Hannity's radio program after invite

Tovarisc

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange told CNN on Wednesday that he is exploring the possibility of guest hosting conservative personality Sean Hannity's nationally-syndicated radio show after Hannity offered him the opportunity to fill in.
"I'm looking into it," Assange said in a Twitter direct message. "My physical circumstances means that nothing is easy."

Assange had previously said on Twitter that he was interested in starting a weekly radio show or podcast. After Hannity saw his tweet, he made Assange an offer.
"If you would like to fill in for me one day I am on over 550 stations and 14 plus million listeners," Hannity wrote in a tweet.

Hannity has not always spoken kindly of Assange. In 2010 he accused him of "waging [a] war" against the U.S. and questioned why he hadn't been arrested. But since Wikileaks published thousands of internal electronic communications from the Democratic National Committee and the chairman of Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign, Hannity has praised him. The Fox News host even traveled to London, where Assange had holed up in Ecuador's embassy to avoid extradition to Sweden, to interview him.

In recent weeks, Hannity has referenced Assange while promoting a baseless conspiracy theory that suggests slain DNC staffer Seth Rich was the person who provided a large cache of internal emails to Wikileaks, and later murdered in connection for the supposed leak. There is no evidence to support this assertion, and police have said Rich was likely the victim of a botched robbery, but Assange stoked the flames of the conspiracy theory in an interview in which he said his sources often take "very significant risks" to provide information to Wikileaks. On his television show Tuesday night, Hannity promised to keep looking into the debunked theory and said he'd have an announcement "sooner rather than later."

It was not clear what Assange would discuss if he were to fill in for Hannity, but he did note in a Twitter direct message to CNN that Ecuador's newly elected president has warned him to avoid meddling in the politics of other countries. Assange said that is something which "must be worked through."
Source: http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/31/med...y-radio-show0909PMVODtopPhoto&linkId=38221171

Isn't it funny how far these two love birds have come? I bet you that 10 years ago during the first leaks, Hannity shit on him.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Unless I missed it, I'm still puzzled why no one's asked Hannity about his disgust for Wiki Leaks during the Bush administration.

Eventually he'll have to confront the issue of WL making the Trump administration look bad.

Magwik

Banned
Unless I missed it, I'm still puzzled why no one's asked Hannity about his disgust for Wiki Leaks during the Bush administration.

Eventually he'll have to confront the issue of WL making the Trump administration look bad.
And right after that WikiLeaks will make Putin look bad too
Ain't happening

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I feel like everything has been flipped.
We now live in a world where Republicans love Russia.

Alex Jones loves the president.

Julian Assange is a darling puppet of right-wing media.

A bafoonish reality TV billionaire became the president and is deified by the white working class as he threatens to shift democracy to an authoritarian place.

WTF happened.

Tovarisc

A bafoonish reality TV billionaire became the president and is deified by the white working class as he threatens to shift democracy to an authoritarian place.

WTF happened.

When you put it like that US took very hard right during single election cycle.

No pun intended.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
When you put it like that US took very hard right during single election cycle.

No pun intended.
It's not just a coherent swing in politics, though... it's like people switched sides.

I thought people like Assange or Jones were anti-authoritarian... and if anything, we're even more anti-republican than they were anti-democrat. Didn't they go after Bush?

But I think this whole Trump phenomenon really did hijack a lot of people's sentiments. You could almost buy into the idea that he's a true outsider maverick. Assange types could buy into that.

(Personally, I see Trump as another kind of elite, a more honestly kleptocratic one, actually. But I guess some people were just looking for someone to sweep away the current elites, even if new ones come in their place)

johnsmith

remember me
Lumpy just really doesn't want to do his show anymore I guess

DDEx9D.png

Kerensky

Banned
It's not just a coherent swing in politics, though... it's like people switched sides.

I thought people like Assange or Jones were anti-authoritarian... and if anything, we're even more anti-republican than they were anti-democrat. Didn't they go after Bush?

But I think this whole Trump phenomenon really did hijack a lot of people's sentiments. You could almost buy into the idea that he's a true outsider maverick. Assange types could buy into that.

(Personally, I see Trump as another kind of elite, a more honestly kleptocratic one, actually. But I guess some people were just looking for someone to sweep away the current elites, even if new ones come in their place)

I think neogaf has also moved from being anti-three-letter-agency to bootlicking because of the deep state allegations by the president against the NSA and the FBI's investigations against him.

Those agencies hate assange, and the fact that he's a convicted rapist doesn't help him.

He wasn't ever actually convicted of rape, I thought the charges were just dropped because they didn't want to mess with him anymore.

TS-08

Lumpy just really doesn't want to do his show anymore I guess

DDEx9D.png

So even though Hannity didn't retract the Seth Rich story and stated he was going to keep looking into it, he did agree to back off talking about it publicly. But now he is trying to invite the two people he cites most for support that the story is real to guest host his show. Seems like he is trying to find a way to continue peddling the theory publicly without doing so directly himself.

Trokil

Banned
Those agencies hate assange, and the fact that he's a convicted rapist doesn't help him.

Alternative Facts? I know people don't like Assange here, but at least stay somewhere in the realm of reality please.

He wasn't ever actually convicted of rape, I thought the charges were just dropped because they didn't want to mess with him anymore.

There where not even charges, just an investigation.

I mean, does it matter? He'll either just lie and say it never happened, or spin it like Assange as seen the light now, or some shit. None of these people take responsibility for anything they do or say anymore.

Karkador

Banned
Hannity is a blowhard and a conniving asshole, but that's nothing new. In the Obama days, Hannity would demonize Wikileaks and call for Assange's extradition and arrest ONLY because he wanted to make Obama look bad and irresponsible for not doing it.
As soon as Wikileaks started talking about HIllary, he changed his tune, because now it was more beneficial to his narrative to support them. But again, Hannity has always been an opportunistic shithead.

What's a little more new to me is that Assange is willing to let the same shock jock continue to abuse him as a political prop. Even so much that he's going on his show and guest hosting. It's sheer desperation on both sides.

Breads

Banned

WTF happened.

Coal jobs came back and saved Possum Springs.

TS-08

Hannity is a blowhard and a conniving asshole, but that's nothing new. In the Obama days, Hannity would demonize Wikileaks and call for Assange's extradition and arrest ONLY because he wanted to make Obama look bad and irresponsible for not doing it.
As soon as Wikileaks started talking about HIllary, he changed his tune, because now it was more beneficial to his narrative to support them. But again, Hannity has always been an opportunistic shithead.

What's a little more new to me is that Assange is willing to let the same shock jock continue to abuse him as a political prop. Even so much that he's going on his show and guest hosting. It's sheer desperation on both sides.

Assange almost certainly sees himself as using Hannity, especially with respect to trying to get interest in a potential podcast or show of his own.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I mean, does it matter? He'll either just lie and say it never happened, or spin it like Assange as seen the light now, or some shit. None of these people take responsibility for anything they do or say anymore.

I think so. Mostly I'm just personally curious. I think interviewing Hannity would be fun. I'd ask him all kinds of shit like that lol.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I await Julian Assange saying he has a treasure trove of secret intel, documents and other crap that will cause all kinds of waves but then fail to follow through. I expect much winking and nudging and little substance. Also hyperbole.

Jombie

Their blistering hypocrisy has come full circle. Wish nothing but the very worst for them both - if only there were a hell they could rot in.

Top Bottom