• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes August 12th

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
[PS4] 210k
[PS3] 33k
[PSV] 11k
[XB1] 92k
[360] 40k
[WIU] 123k
[3DS] 141k

theWB27

OOOHH...so I'm a long time lurker, first time poster in the prediction. Lets see

[360] 55k
[3DS] 145k
[PS3] 39k
[PS4] 280k
[WiiU] 135k
[XB1] 210k

V- 2k

hepburn3d

I'm nervous about posting my estimates this month. Going to wait a few hours and mull this over. Really embarrassed to be beaten by ****** [Site that cannot be named], last month

Probably not a very exciting month as compared to last month for the average person. For us, though, it will be the first good gauge of how the Kinectless Xbox is going to fare for the next couple of months.

Wii U and Xbox legs make it interesting through looking at predictions not many people hope for any long term impact.

SunSunich

Man, that is ballsy. If sales did return to almost pre-price cut levels...

Yeah, possibly I'm dead wrong at this assumption. I think that price cut and two SKU just gave more uncertainty to Xbox consumers. All who wanted kinectless sku bought it in june. Also - new bundles on horizon.
I wanted to lower PS4 numbers, to 150-160, but TLOU possibly gave it a real bump.

also - it's my first time :)

jryi

Senior Analyst, Fanboy Drivel Research Partners LLC
Is this the first time ever that absolutely nobody predicts better sales for XB1 than PS4?

hepburn3d

[PS4] 220k
[XB1] 137k
[3DS] 111k
[WIU] 100k
[360] 50k
[PS3] 33k
[PSV] 12k

Here we go *crosses fingers*

Edit: Changing my mind already

Blanquito

Wii U and Xbox legs make it interesting through looking at predictions not many people hope for any long term impact.

Yeah, I also think that Xbox demand will be pretty low from here until the holidays. By the indications (BB insider + Amazon month charts) we have, the Xbox sales have been anemic.

Last month they had two SKUs in the mid thirties on Amazon, and were outsold. This month they only have 1 SKU in the thirties and the other isn't even in the top 100.

I always been curious about NPD sales on launch month for old systems (SAT, PS1, N64, DC).

Did you have this numbers?

Well the problem for a lot of these systems is that they launched in a non-holiday period.

So you see a rather quiet launch and then the Holiday season is where they get all ramped up. Like the N64 for example.

Top Bottom