• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes August 9th

Sterok

For a while I've maintained that the fate of Nintendo handhelds is currently intrinsically linked to how Pokemon is doing. If Pokemon is active and strong, the 3DS will do fine. If not, you get the last year and a half of disappointing performances.

Depending on how big the boost is this month, my statement might be more accurate than I thought.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
3DS used an Incense to get more sales.

But even though I kept the PS4 at #1, I kinda don't want it to be. Would be nice to see either XB1 or 3DS at the top.

I still think PS4 will be first in July, but i see it be third in August. Not even talk about why XBO will outsell it (cause is obvius), while i think Pokémon GO effect in August will be stronger than in July if we talk about sells hardware. We'll see.

I still think PS4 will be first in July, but i see it be third in August. Not even talk about why XBO will outsell it (cause is obvius), while i think Pokémon GO effect in August will be stronger than in July if we talk about sells hardware. We'll see.
Sony should start counting their mau.

donny2112

For a while I've maintained that the fate of Nintendo handhelds is currently intrinsically linked to how Pokemon is doing.

Game Boy was pretty much dying a slow death of apathy before Pokemon came out, so that's a pretty fair assessment. Obviously, there are good series/games on the system, otherwise, but Pokemon gave Game Boy's a new life and gives hope to every Nintendo handheld since for some level of success.

Welfare

Damn, nice for XB1 and 3DS.

Now to wait for the numbers. Cosmic, which gap is bigger, 3DS and Xbox or Xbox and PS4?

Ryng_tolu

Banned
BILLIONS OF POKEMON GIF INCOMING :p :p :p

giphy.gif
d9f.gif

Top Bottom