• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July PS+ games in Asia: Strider and Towerfall for PS4.

Hanmik

If you check the link now, the PS4 games have been removed.

I think this list isn't final and they are still tweaking things.

hmmm..

9UJdgrI.jpg

looks like they removed the PS4 games.. maybe they posted them a bit early.

FHIZ

Well, I own one and have no friends locally to play the other... Yay?

Bummed that this is gonna be the first month with no new game.

legbone

Sigh, great games but it's just further supports the idea that no-one with a Plus sub should be buying digital games day one any more.

i have to agree. i get burnt so many times. but i loved my time with strider. great game so i'm happy for the people that didn't buy it. still, would have loved for it to be killzone shadowfall or something like that. guess i'm expecting too much.

Xater

Strider was pretty good. A good selection. I would have never bought Towerfall because of the lack of online play but I'll take it from PS+.

KORNdoggy

Sigh, great games but it's just further supports the idea that no-one with a Plus sub should be buying digital games day one any more.

this is the case for gaming as a whole. games rarely ever hold value so at some point they will be obtainable for next to nothing. the question is patience. i know the chances of oddworld new n tastey being a PS+ offer in the future is pretty high, but my desire to play it ASAP exceeds that of my desire to save money. that is the case for any game. hell, if you where patient enough you'd only buy a new system at the end of it's life cycle so you reap the benefits of a larger library of games for much less cash...but i am not that patient.

TyrantII

Yup, it's a painful lesson to learn.

Octodad is a really good game, but I would definitely recommend waiting a couple of more months for either a sale or to see if it pops up on PS+, which I think is more likely than not.

Agreed.

I'd argue paying $15 for a great game with good content isn't that painful. Especially when you want to support more games that you enjoy.

I know everyone is a CAG, but $15 is also $15. That almost gonna be the price of a latte in California soon.

Plus is a good value, but I wouldn't sweat a few games coming up I already bought. Think the new here is they're not just trying to push off the lower rated releases, which is nice.

Yeeesss, gimme Towerfall! I constantly eye it up in the store but £12 is a bit much for a game I'll play every now and then. I was waiting on a sale but PS+ would be better.

Varth

I Think the situation with great games going free too soon or coming out free in the first place would be so much better if many committed to buy at least a dlc for stuff they enjoyed or a less known game from the same developer.

I know I'm gonna do that for Reign of Giants for Don't Starve.

$h@d0w

Asia is strange when it comes to plus.. if you press the MORE button on the site you get a complete list.. like this,.

so many games.. I really don´t understand that list..

All games including and below Sonic are the current offers, we usually get around 2-3 new games a month per platform - around 4 go out, then 4 new ones go in.

MMaRsu

Banned

True that, I'll just wait for a 1001 spikes to hit PS+ in europe. Although you cant even buy it. I want it soooooooooo bad

Kallel

I am soo glad I held off purchasing the PS4 games, DAT Towerfall, DAT Strider, DAT Persona, amazing month for PS+ all the feels!

tumblr_lpho1uGYwR1qzjix8.gif

Hopefully Strider doesn't end up as one of those games that everyone but America gets like Metal Gear Rising and Catherine. Towerfall is cool, although I don't live in a dorm or work in games press so I'd never have an opportunity to play it due to it's lack of online.

FDC1

Don't look too much into this for the PS3 and Vita games guys. Il will probably be totally different in US/EU

SDCowboy

When is the PS4 going to start getting PS4 games? I would have thought we'd at least have gotten Knack by now.

This would pretty much be a dream scenario for me if the US got these deals. I've really wanted to play both titles, but I was broke when they first came out.

No regrets on buying Towerfall at release. Some of the best couch vs playing out there. Would love Stryder though. I've almost purchased it a few times now.

Fliesen

I wouldn't say it's been a joke but, IMO, it's certainly been disappointing.

but we're clearly seeing an upwards trend.

after Mercenary Kings (urgh!) and Stick it to the Man (meh!), we got 2 games that are well worth the subscription price. And July seems to be even better. Trine 2, Towerfall and Strider are both top of the line PSN games, contrary to the April and March offerings.

Holy crap I literally was thinking about Towerfall this morning. This would be an amazing month for PS+. So is it confirmed that PS4 will receive two free games from now on? I thought it was only June.

Yes, the "2 free games a month for each platform" is the new PS+ policy, with the trade-off being that you won't have titles that'll sit in the IGC all year long anymore.

And Towerfall is absolutely fantastic if you like local MP.

Top Bottom