• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July PS+ games in Asia: Strider and Towerfall for PS4.

SDCowboy

but we're clearly seeing an upwards trend.

after Mercenary Kings (urgh!) and Stick it to the Man (meh!), we got 2 games that are well worth the subscription price. And July seems to be even better. Trine 2, Towerfall and Strider are both top of the line PSN games, contrary to the April and March offerings.

Believe it or not, Stick it to the Man is one of my favorite games I played this year. lol It's probably the only PS+ game I've really enjoyed so far.

bumpkin

Hmm... A sign of things to come for US PS+? I've been wanting to buy Strider for a while, was actually thinking of doing so this weekend. Now I'm not so sure I want to spend the money if Sony are just going to give it away to PS+ subs (like myself) in the coming months. I could wait and save $15. Decisions, decisions.

Fliesen

I really enjoyed that too. The writing in that game was hysterical. Reminded me of old-school LucasArts games.

don't get me wrong, the writing was fun and stuff, but it wasn't a particularly great game.
you had like ... 8 areas where you had to dodge guards and the "riddles" were super obvious. :/

but yeah, different strokes... ;)

Caayn

image.php

But how will you be able to play Density? :p
Urrghh, that typo annoys me more than it should.

Fuck dammit, I just bought Strider :(
Leason learned if real: never buying a digital only game unless I'm truly excited for it (I'm looking at you while I hug you, Child of Light)

don't get me wrong, the writing was fun and stuff, but it wasn't a particularly great game.
you had like ... 8 areas where you had to dodge guards and the "riddles" were super obvious. :/

but yeah, different strokes... ;)

Oh it definitely was incredibly short and easy, but I was fine with that; it makes it easier to pick up and play for those that don't play video games very often (like when my sister and nephew come to to visit) and was a nice change of pace from the other games that I had spent tons of time earning platinum on.

Aru

So far the PS4 PS+ games for all regions were always the same? Should still be the case.
I won't buy Strider on PC then.

Almost bought Towerfall a few days ago after playing it at my brothers all weekend. Hope this is true. Already have Strider, but oh well. Game is fucking awesome.

Ravage

Amazing update for me since i only bought Velocity Ultra (worth every cent i paid for it) out of that entire list.

Tohsaka

Hope we get Strider in the US. I enjoyed the demo and have been contemplating buying it, but haven't yet due to my backlog.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
you are quite the detective.. or did you just read the posts on the first page..? ;O)

?

I was just looking at the page, it had the two games there. Refreshed again and they disappeared? I thought that was odd.

Oh ok, so it was already pointed out

I like supporting the devs, it doesn't bother me.

Don't get me wrong, I'll always support developers, especially ones that make games that appeal directly to my tastes, but plus is making a very strong case for playing the waiting game on a very large number of digital titles.

Hmm... A sign of things to come for US PS+? I've been wanting to buy Strider for a while, was actually thinking of doing so this weekend. Now I'm not so sure I want to spend the money if Sony are just going to give it away to PS+ subs (like myself) in the coming months. I could wait and save $15. Decisions, decisions.
I wish. US PS+ has been pretty lackluster for me. I would love to get Strider.

Strider's pretty good and you'll get quite a few trophies in a single play through, if that's your thing.

Am I right in thinking Towerfall has a (short?) single player mode?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Wait wait wait. I hope this is fake. I want my new game. I don't understand anyone who doesn't but I love getting a new PS4 game every month.

Gartooth

I just bought both of those games on PSN about a month ago too...oh well power to everyone who gets to play them, they're both pretty great!

Don't get me wrong, I'll always support developers, especially ones that make games that appeal directly to my tastes, but plus is making a very strong case for playing the waiting game on a very large number of digital titles.

the problem really has been exacerbated by the PS4 launching either brand new games as free or barely old games as free. It's set an expectation where either you won't buy a game because you expected it to be free (see Octodad's launch as an example) or you wait a game out until it's free (as is the case if Strider is indeed the free game).

I'm not complaining, and im sure the devs/publishers who sign up for this aren't exactly coming out poor on their end but it's definitely giving off the perception that downloadables are overpriced whenever they launch at over $1, hah.

If this hits the US, I'm alright with it. Already have Towerfall (Great game), but Strider would be welcome.

Am I right in thinking Towerfall has a (short?) single player mode?

It does. It's about fighting waves of difference enemies in different levels and is actually a lot of fun and an excellent challenge. You can play them coop too which is a lot of fun with one other person. There's even a boss fight down the line. (Might be even more; I just finished the first big chunk of levels and didn't have the skill/time-investment to keep moving forward.)

It does. It's about fighting waves of difference enemies in different levels and is actually a lot of fun and an excellent challenge. You can play them coop too which is a lot of fun with one other person. There's even a boss fight down the line. (Might be even more; I just finished the first big chunk of levels and didn't have the skill/time-investment to keep moving forward.)

Thanks for answer. Looking forward to it.

Ugh... I already have Strider and I hear Towerfall is essentially a local multiplayer game. Hopefully this is the first month that differs between regions.

the problem really has been exacerbated by the PS4 launching either brand new games as free or barely old games as free. It's set an expectation where either you won't buy a game because you expected it to be free (see Octodad's launch as an example) or you wait a game out until it's free (as is the case if Strider is indeed the free game).

I'm not complaining, and im sure the devs/publishers who sign up for this aren't exactly coming out poor on their end but it's definitely giving off the perception that downloadables are overpriced whenever they launch at over $1, hah.

Yeah, I definitely agree with most of this. I don't feel it adds to the perception of downloadables being overpriced though.

It does make you question whether you should take the risk to buy a game though and I feel that's a lot more damaging than a game being perceived to be overpriced.

Overpricing can be addressed, the idea that games will eventually go free on Plus and in some cases, within just a few months after release, will be much harder to address as we go forward.

Ugh... I already have Strider and I hear Towerfall is essentially a local multiplayer game. Hopefully this is the first month that differs between regions.
Towerfall has a surprisingly fun single player campaign that a second player can co-op on. The later levels actually get difficult and (being vague) there are secrets to discover....

Pimpwerx

Strider is the one game I look at and wonder why I bought it. Not because I think it's a bad game, but it's in my backlog. I could've waited to buy it. It was priced for an impulse buy though. Oh well

I have no interest on Towerfall. It's not a bad thing since I have enough games in my backlog anyway. PEACE.

Top Bottom