• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
When Elgin is working with the right guy he is fucking amazing

I just don't think he's able to carry like some of his peers (unless you're talking like physically, because he's strong, am I right)

Yea he seems like a guy who works at the level of his opponent, for good or ill.

klonere

Banned
Have you guys watched Day 8 of G1 yet?

Omega vs Elgin was crazy good, maybe even better then Okada vs Elgin.

Okada vs Kojima and Juice vs Tama Tonga were both solid matches as well.

Okada vs Kojima was totally worth it just for Okada being an absolute arsehole.

Egg0

Banned
Is there a compilation of people reversing the Rainmaker with their on lariat?

I feel like that has happened a ton, in just 2017.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
giphy.gif

LARIATOOOOOOOOOO

This one just looks like a wicked oversell tho

klonere

Banned
I would agree that Kenny's finishing sequences have erred on the side of excessive lately.

I love excess but it's dragging out matches, especially in the context of the G1.

So three WWE contracted guys (who also work for indies at the same time) are wrestling three Dragon Gate guys. And they are also gonna work for Chikara in a few months.

Wrestling in 2017 is weird.

I want a two hour long Ironman match but every fall changes the stipulation and they get slowly more and more crazy. Start off normal and then by fall 3 it's Falls Count Anywhere and by fall 6 it's a Buried Alive match.

That was the safest Burning Hammer ever, more like a reverse AA.

That's a good thing
The impact of Tyler Reks.

klonere

Banned
I think I tried to book a 2 hour match in TEW once but it was an 8 man Wargames style match that was a blowoff for 3 years worth of feuds.

I assume there's a story behind that stip though, right?

Hasney

While Christian was injured, Jericho paid a celebrity call service to have Lenny Lane call him as a rib.

Davari then tried to rib Christian with a deaf text call service but Christian was onto him and made him shit himself by saying things like "Do you think you've been here long enough to do that?", then roped him into helping him rib Jericho.

Christian responded with a multi-month campaign using a service for deaf people to pretend to be a deaf fan of Fozzy (lol) that stalked him for several months. Then as he left for TNA, told Jericho it was Davari.

When Edge tore his achillies, Christian was motioning to Tommy Dreamer that he should put the ankle lock on him.

Christian is an ass, but one of those asses that everyone kind of loves
and isn't as much as of an ass in other ways as other wrasslers it seems

Toki767

Just saw the Omega/Yano match from Day 6.

I didn't really have any issues with it to be honest.

These guys are doing 8 or 9 grueling matches in the span of a month.

I'm not going to hold it against Omega if he wants to have a joke match with Yano. People's matches with Yano are probably the easiest matches they'll have in the entire tournament and could be used as basically a break from the hard hitting matches they'll have with everyone else.

Thinking about it today, I'm pretty sure that if/when they announce ICW and Progress for the Network officially, they'll introduce a new tier that's like $12-13/month to be able to see it, with a promise of more to come.

There was a rumor a few months back that Regal when he was in Japan was talking to AJPW about a similar deal.

Hasney

Thinking about it today, I'm pretty sure that if/when they announce ICW and Progress for the Network officially, they'll introduce a new tier that's like $12-13/month to be able to see it, with a promise of more to come.

There was a rumor a few months back that Regal when he was in Japan was talking to AJPW about a similar deal.

Would probably make sense They can then bolster AJPW whenever they like if NJPW did ever feel like they were getting too big, much like the UK situation against World of Sport.

I was also thinking that NJPW home-grown talent gets so good partially because they send the young guys out on tours to the US, UK and Mexico to learn more styles and I think that would hugely benefit their non-indie vet talent they sign.

Rimfya

Banned
Don't think I've watched any non wrestling content on the network and generally I dislike that the app isn't primarily built around wrestling content

Would probably make sense They can then bolster AJPW whenever they like if NJPW did ever feel like they were getting too big, much like the UK situation against World of Sport.

I was also thinking that NJPW home-grown talent gets so good partially because they send the young guys out on tours to the US, UK and Mexico to learn more styles and I think that would hugely benefit their non-indie vet talent they sign.

I think that's the ultimate goal. At least from the way I understand it. If they have relationships, or even brand offshoots like the WWE UK stuff, in all the different countries, it allows them more places to send talent so that they can learn.

Like that UK show was worked and produced completely different from a standard WWE show. Imagine being able to send a guy like Velveteen Dream, who has all the natural skills but needs experience, out to the UK for six months to a year and have him learn by working with guys there.

I think NJPW has shown it's the best way to train.

Don't think I've watched any non wrestling content on the network and generally I dislike that the app isn't primarily built around wrestling content

Well then you're in luck, because their focus going forward with it is mostly going to be wrestling. The non-wrestling shows are more expensive.

Just saw the Omega/Yano match from Day 6.

I didn't really have any issues with it to be honest.

These guys are doing 8 or 9 grueling matches in the span of a month.

I'm not going to hold it against Omega if he wants to have a joke match with Yano. People's matches with Yano are probably the easiest matches they'll have in the entire tournament and could be used as basically a break from the hard hitting matches they'll have with everyone else.

Hold the fuck up, people are mad that Omega had a joke match with Yano?

I'm still wondering why Vince is letting Noam Dar work an ICW show. That's such an anti-Vince move that I kind of still can't believe it's happening.

Not sure I find the solution of "more wrestling" comforting.

If anything I'd resubscribe for less, better wrestling.

If that wrestling is run by people not named Vince McMahon, sign me the fuck up for more of it.

All of the wrestling stuff on the Network has been great outside of 205 Live, so I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say you'd like it to be better.

somedevil

Not sure I find the solution of "more wrestling" comforting.

If anything I'd resubscribe for less, better wrestling.

You get ICW and Progress which is a different style of wrestling and booking compared to the WWE. ICW is not PG at all.

Also, speaking of UK wrestling this happened at Fight Club: Pro:

Chris Brookes booting Aaron Solow in the face while yelling "Fuck Bayley" might be my new highlight of the night.

Foggy

I think the actual v-trigger is when they're against the rops or that wicked one he landed on Okada in the corner at their rematch. Everything else is just a normal knee.
That's what I choose to believe

As long as the knees are effective I'm fine with them being spammed at the end of a match. Same as lariats and chops and the like.

Vote Kenny and Tiger Mask

Kenny because it'll make HeRoman mad
Tiger Mask because it'll be hilarious to make Ibushi saying no to them an annual tradition

Top Bottom