• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jump Force to be removed from Digital Sale and Online Service on 08/02/2022

Mr.ODST

Bandai Namco are removing Jump Force from all stores as of the 02/08/2022

All Online services will shut down on 24/08/2022 but Singly Player functions will still be active

Just bought this last week for £10 (ultimate edition) better hurry and grind the achievements.

I appreciated what they did I know a lot of people didn't like the character models but they should of heavily improved the online service.

Last edited:
Jump Force is a Japanese crossover fighting game developed by Spike Chunsoft and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment featuring characters from various manga series featured in Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump anthology in celebration of the magazine's 50th anniversary. The game was released on February 15, 2019 for Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, and a Nintendo Switch port was released worldwide on August 28, 2020

If you bought this on switch, the game has been out for roughly 14 months.
Is this normal for underperforming games from Bandai?

OrochiJR

Did this just not came out?

Will never buy any game from them that has online ever again then. Imagine shutting it down that quick. its probably a royalty hell.
This is my take also. It certainly has to do with all those licences involved.

Or they just want to release a complete / next-gen edition and sell it for full price again.

Didn't this game put in sequel hooks? How are they expected to be implemented if you can't even keep up the licenses for the first entry?

Javthusiast

Banned
The future.
Spongebob GIF

Fbh

This is the one that looked and played like some fan made unreal project, right?
Guess the license must have run out on the characters.

Hopefully someday they put a bit of actual effort into one of these and release a worthy successor to.
619ZVJV345L._SX385_.jpg

Impotaku

Yeah jump superstars is never gonna happen again, it was a miracle that it ever got made once let alone getting a sequel the amount of licenses in that game was insane. Have jump force on PS4 but to be honest i have never played online even once so it's not like i'm gonna miss online matches, it's fun for a 20 min mess about on but i found the story pretty dull. You'd think they would just give all the dlc characters as a thanks for killing the game off so at least you can have something to do once it goes offline.

JCK75

This is one of the few good arguments for the F2P model, when a shitshow goes belly up at least then you didn't throw $60 at it before that happens.

Yamisan

The game is on PSNOW, just put in almost 100 hours 3-4 months ago getting the platinum trophy. The hub area is filled with tons of people still and finding online battles is still very quick.. Very active game still.

Top Bottom