• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JUMP Force

Yagami_Sama

The visuals of this game, is something that did not appeal to me. The ideia itself is okay, but the art style and visuals are something I liked.

G-Bus

Banned
I like and and hate the visuals. Not sure what it is that I don't like. Maybe it's the plastic look to the characters. I don't know know.

Might check this out. Not really a big fan of fighting games but familiar with the characters and looks fun.

I seem to have lost interest in this game as time went by. The initial trailers all got me super hyped, but then videos of people playing demos and such started coming out, and it seemed like there was just too much running around in wide open arenas, which doesn't really appeal to me as much as, say, a traditional fighting game with limited stage sizes. I dunno. =/

Diddy X

I wouldn't mind xenoverse 3 looking like this, it would be a huge jump from xenoverse 2's last gen level graphics.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Lack of diverse series representation for a lengthy magazine history as Jump and one health bar to three characters assassinated this game.

Fuz

Banned
I loved Jump Ultimate Stars on the DS and played it a lot.

This looks so boring, though. Also, as other people noted, the visuals are kind of unappealing, and I'm not totally sure why.

...now I want to play JUS again.

Last edited:

KAOS

Don't have a problem with the visuals. I think the game looks great. What I don't like is the lobby system(lobby systems need to die in fighting games specially offline), the loading times and the fact that it doesn't have a 1 vs 1 option without team battle. Naruto Shippudden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 is better anime game!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
They need to bring more characters from Fist of The North Star and JoJo.
Hokuto_no_Ken_%28manga_cast%29.JPG

aed669218d4cf386d72c8a91744d18ff

Fbh

Games continues to look ok. As long as it has a decent single player mode it might be a fun pickup at some point when it's $15 or so.
Also having crappy characters like Kaguya probably points at them holding back better entries to use as DLC

Would have still preferred an HD take on the Jump Ultimate stars formula

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I loved Jump Ultimate Stars on the DS and played it a lot.

This looks so boring, though. Also, as other people noted, the visuals are kind of unappealing, and I'm not totally sure why.

...now I want to play JUS again.
Too bad Nintendo's online service is dead. It's been nearly 13 years and I adored it back then.

Also having crappy characters like Kaguya probably points at them holding back better entries to use as DLC
I haven't read Naruto since 2007 cuz it nose dived in quality but she is one of the more interesting choices than generic popular guy 23.

Not sure Shaman King is with Shueisha anymore.

Fbh

I haven't read Naruto since 2007 cuz it nose dived in quality but she is one of the more interesting choices than generic popular guy 23.

She is a terrible character that was introduced in a terrible way and I'm pretty sure a large part of the fanbase dislike her.
This thing is basically a celebration of Shonen Jump. It's supposed to be a list of generic popular guys/girls.

God, YES.

If I had to guess I think Bandai is afraid it would turn out at least partially similar to Smash and Nintendo would get salty about it.

Last edited:

Codes 208

If I had to guess I think Bandai is afraid it would turn out at least partially similar to Smash and Nintendo would get salty about it.
Not afraid enough to prevent them from making that mobile smash clone

Edit: wtf never mind that’s Konami

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I personally don't have issue with visuals itself, this game about these characters coming to our world, thats why they choose this aesthetics. My biggest issue is how put motion blur in to this game, its as bad as FF Type 0 HD.

They need to bring more characters from Fist of The North Star and JoJo.

Rather than stuff more into this they should just do an outright Hokuto X JoJo fighter. That won't happen though.

As for this game, it really just looks like a high budget ver of J-Stars Victory or one of those, which is like...a rental mainly for novelty value. =S

Last edited:

Maguro

I love anime/manga but having a hard time playing anime games if the show is over. Like for example it kinda feels without purpose playing Naruto as a child doing missions in konoha (don't remember the game) if the show progressed so much that he is Hokage now and all the bad guys from back in the day are dust and really really weak compared 5o the end of the show.

If a show is still running and the game puts stuff from the present in it, that's fun.

Codes 208

I’ve been playing for about an hour now, while nowhere near perfect, I’m certainly having fun with it. More than the last one that came out on ps4 anyway.

The animations in cutscenes are bad, but in the quality of so bad they’re kinda funny. And the combat, while basic, does hit that xenoverse vibe. Hell the whole game feels like xenoverse, from the create-a-character to the lobby world.

Antoon

Banned
hahaha this gift keeps on giving

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2019/02/14/jump-force-review/
3/10
Crossover games are nothing new to Bandai Namco or Shonen Jump, so it surprises and disappoints me to see that none of the good aspects or successful mechanics of these previous games made their way into Jump Force at all. Jump Force is a visual mess, It lacks the fun and charm that a wild crossover like this should embrace, and It's just a technical mess from top to bottom. Jump Force is a huge celebration of some of the most iconic manga in history, but it fails to do any of them justice.

:messenger_poop:

Tiamat2san

Sometimes it’s reaaaaally ugly.
Some Stages are pretty but the biggest problem is loading.
Loading everywhere for everything and they way too long.

Javthusiast

Banned
One day I just want to get a big budget game with these characters in it that looks and plays with as much polish as fighterZ does.

Preferably a one piece single player game. ( World Seeker looks meh)

But all we get for these anime franchises mostly are budgety mediocore offerings all the time.

Fbh

I had hopes this would turn out decent but from reviews it's sounding like most recent crossover anime fighters: a mediocre game with just enough fanservice to be somewhat enjoyable for anime fans

Shame. With the success of the Naruto games I had hoped Bandai would realise there's a market for well made and produced anime fighters

Top Bottom