• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes July 15th

tqqrch.png
Wow

Pretty incredible.

I'm calling it now: There's no way back for the X1 in the US.

People said the same thing about the PS3 last gen and it eventually caught up.

The only thing you can predict about the games market is that whatever you predict will most likely be wrong eventually. But yep, it's definitely PS4's market to lose.

B.O.O.M

NTDOY also says MK8 is "driving momentum" for the Wii U. Sales of hardware were up 233% in June, software was up 373%. #NPD

Bgamer90

Banned
Wii U at 142K then right?

"@iansherr: NTDOY also says MK8 is "driving momentum" for the Wii U. Sales of hardware were up 233% in June, software was up 373%. #NPD"

B.O.O.M

NTDOY says total sales for 1H of year for Wii U hardware and software increased 48% and 129% respectively, over same period last yr #NPD

NTDOY also says 3DS hardware sales jumped more than 55% over sales in May. Tomodachi Life sold more than 175K physical + digital #NPD

by Ian Sherr

Bgamer90

Banned
That's irrelevant. XB1 will never catch the PS4 in the US now. We have TLOUR (spike), Destiny (spike), LBP (small spike), Driveclub (spike) and probably a GTA (mega spike).

Too soon to say this. I mean, it definitely seems that way but who knows what the next mainstream craze new IP will be this gen.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Too soon to say this. I mean, it definitely seems that way but who knows what the next mainstream craze new IP will be this gen.

Yeah, it's a real roll of the dice, I agree, but I'm pretty confident. I'm not suggesting that MS won't have spikes of their own, but the trend is in full swing now and I can't see it changing.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Note: PS3 and WIU will only be counted for unit results and cardinal order bonus. They are not included for point results.

Wii U not counted Donny? :(

Whyyyyyyyyyy :'( it's one of my only good predicitions lol

If those leaked numbers going around are accurate, it looks like I did all right this month, as I was only notably off on the Wii U (still getting the order bonus though).

donny2112, the leaked numbers are all sufficiently accurate to base predictions off of.

It's a shame that NPD will shut them down in the next couple of days...but hey, that's the price you pay for leaking an excessive amount of data publicly. :p

Sometimes I wonder if a certain gaf pegasister doesn't secretly work on NPD's death squad :p

Silly, if I was on the death squad, why would I be leaking things occasionally? ;-)

But it does make the game a lot less fun to watch when someone just goes and reveals all of the hardware numbers instantaneously...

Silly, if I was on the death squad, why would I be leaking things occasionally? ;-)

But it does make the game a lot less fun to watch when someone just goes and reveals all of the hardware numbers instantaneously...

Build trust in the community while secretly acting as a double agent to learn the ins and outs of Gaf's sources. You're close to discovering Cream's identiy aren't you? AREN'T YOU?

I may have had too much caffeine tonight...

Goldmund

I remember predicting software sales and hardware sales predictions being a mere supplement. I'm thankful for the leaked software numbers for March, April, May and June; it's a shame if the site gets shut down for it.

Anyway, I don't really want to know the results for this month. My predictions are getting worse. I was 6th last year; it's going to be a struggle to even stay in the top 50 this time.

Cubed

Welp, the rest of this year won't be too interesting for those invested in the PS4 vs. XB1 battle.

Next month's NPD, and into August's NPD, The Last Of Us will help PS4. Just like Destiny will bump the PS4 again in September. Not sure how DriveClub will do, but it certainly won't hurt the PS4's lead. Then, November may finally sway to the XB1 side for a month, but don't forget that Sony has LBP3 that month and likely a GTA V deal/bundle that's most likely hitting in November.

I'm glad Sony and Wolfenstein are doing well. Nothing else this month surprised me.

Top Bottom