• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June OXM Teases New Front Misson to be Revealed at E3 (confirmed, first screen)

FrankT

Yea I have my copy here and there are a total of 8 shots in all mostly small pics although 2 are larger environment screens. The other screens are mostly shots of a few different mechs.

One shot says: A close look at the map reveals City-area town names (Jersey City, Newark, Hoboken, ect.)

The other larger environment shots have one of Manhattan and another shot of the Hudson River.

Another shot says: Giant robots? confirmed. But will it be stratgey or, ahem, more than meets the eye.

This is what it says although they pretty much give it away with this 2 page article;

Square Enix brining new mystery title to Xbox 360.

Oh, surprises... we love surprises!

All they'll tell us is that this new game is based on one of their existing IPs, so a little research narrows the candidates considerably. Mechs? A futuristic city? Well at the risk of being taken out by the Sueenix lawyer ninjas, we'd have to guess that the mystery title rhymes with "Brunt Fission." If this ends up being true, then can we expect more of the tactical brand of role- playing strategy that the mech series is well known for? Of do the creators have something different in mind for the shooting loving xbox crowd?
Apparently, all will be revealed at E3 in June. Check back next issue and we'll have all the answers.

I should have my next issue a good bit before E3 actually.

Jim said:
First screen:

1.jpg

PC/360/PS3 confirmed fyi.

Nice.

Now let's get FM3 for PSN, and FM5 in some way, shape or form.

Kagari said:
There was a rumor in EGM about this a long time ago, can't remember what issue though.
Yeah, I remember this as well, from a long-forgotten issue.

Mrbob

Anyone want to take bets this will be a 3rd person mech shooter? Mechwarrior returns? :p

I can't see this title being an old school strategy game. Those don't sell in big enough numbers anymore to warrant this style of gameplay.

!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!

*hyperventilating*

Front Mission in HD?! Is it possible that my favorite S-E series is going next-gen?! Oh man please, please be shown at E3 with some gameplay. Damn, the sheer though of the visuals of that mecha on mecha action...whoo boy!

Is this what the newly formed SE in LA is working on? I'm pretty sure I've heard/read that SE in LA is working on a Wii title...

YESSSSS

I even slogged through FMDS, so I'll take whatever I can get SE.

HYPE HYPE HYPE if true

SabinFigaro said:
Now let's get FM3 for PSN, and FM5 in some way, shape or form.

Can you imagine FM3 above 15fps? :lol That would be godly. :D

Mrbob

Vustadumas said:
Is this what the newly formed SE in LA is working on? I'm pretty sure I've heard/read that SE in LA is working on a Wii title...

Well since the title is coming out for 360 (ps3 as well?) I would probably say no to this.

batbeg

Mrbob said:
Anyone want to take bets this will be a 3rd person mech shooter? Mechwarrior returns? :p

I can't see this title being an old school strategy game. Those don't sell in big enough numbers anymore to warrant this style of gameplay.

FUCK YOUR PESSIMISM! Old-school strategy is coming to kick the 360, one turn at a time.

Will be AMAZED if this is exclusive though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It pretty much says it's not straight strategy. It could be like Valkyria. I think it is gonna be like MechAssault.

I think the games are pretty cool, I just couldn't get into them for some reason. I watched a friend play FM3 I think and thought it looked cool but when I played it I almost fell asleep at the wheel.

Hopefully the new one doesn't have that effect on me, because I'm intrigued.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
dallow_bg said:
360 only?

Good news about this though! I love Front Mission!

The rumor was: Exclusive Front Mission heading to 360, but exclusive Square sequel heading to PS3.

Don't know if that still holds or what now that Square wants to make multi-plat games.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Front Mission, VOOT, and possibly even ZOE3. Giant mechs are really making their comeback. Not to mention Lost Planet even.

Kagari said:
The rumor was: Exclusive Front Mission heading to 360, but exclusive Square sequel heading to PS3.

Don't know if that still holds or what now that Square wants to make multi-plat games.
Hopefully they're both multiplatform.

Artadius

Mrbob said:

You shut your whore mouth!

Kagari said:

Well considering this fact it may very well be so, I mean sooner or later we are going to have to see this. My enthusiasm remains rock solid.

PC Gaijin

Kind of doubt it will be a SRPG like the previous games, but I certainly wouldn't complain if it turned to be one. My bet is that it is some sort of squad-based online mech shooter. Maybe an evolution of Front Mission Online with less massive (and no fees) and more action?

TheOddOne

Aaron Greenberg with his ''didn't you notice we are very quiet'' comment on the bitbag interview makes ya wonda. Hopefully Mistwalker & Spawnpoint projects are shown at E3 :D

dacuk

If its at least as good as Front Mission 3, it's gonna be a hell of a ride.

Squeenix, please include FM3 Redux in HD as a bonus feature!

Paracelsus

Schopenhauer said:
I seriously hope this won't be a mech FPS, but given how the poor performance of FM as a srpg I wouldn't doubt it.

Could you list to me some srpg that in recent years has performed better than what FM5 did in Japan (206k)?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Front Mission is anything but big. Big for GAF maybe...

I'm still bitter that SE skipped FM5 as that looked like a good game.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kagari said:

Exclusive Square sequel heading to PS3, I wonder if that has anything to do with the pic in OPM.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
neojubei said:
Exclusive Square sequel heading to PS3, I wonder if that has anything to do with the pic in OPM.

That game in OPM was already confirmed to be a new IP by Dragona.

Paracelsus

neojubei said:
Really? cool hope it is exclusive to ps3.

Dragona Akehi said:
-New IP
-Nothing to do with Eidos
-Nothing to do with FFVII
-Not an american team

Oh and... funny thing about how there's no Platforms announced. They might have a bit of a problem there.

You're gonna get disappointed. Another TLR-kind of deal on the way, methinks.

Top Bottom