• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June US Boxart Thread

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Crazymoogle said:
51A9B6pm%2BCL._SS500_.jpg

What is wrong with his stomach... :(
the shitty logos inside him have burst!

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Stumpokapow said:
Guys, a tip for posting Amazon box arts.

Here is the posted box art for Wii Sports Resort

Here is the URL:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RA6VjjyrL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Try this URL:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RA6VjjyrL._SL500_AA500_.jpg
(I changed the 280 at the end to 500)

Here's what you get:

This works for all Amazon box arts. So let's try to avoid posting shitty low res box arts from now on.
What's even better is you can remove all the stuff between the last two periods to get the image in it's native resolution and without white borders.

for instance with http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RA6VjjyrL._SL500_AA500_.jpg you get this

51RA6VjjyrL._SL500_AA500_.jpg

but with http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RA6VjjyrL.jpg you get

51RA6VjjyrL.jpg

I know it shouldn't surprise me, but I'm always genuinely shocked at the amount of just absolute garbage that comes out. Petz Fashion? Fucking really?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
VideoMan said:
What's even better is you can remove all the stuff between the last two periods to get the image in it's native resolution and without white borders.

Nice pro-tip dude, even I didn't know that one! :D

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
VideoMan said:
Good one, thanks!

man the green xbox360 outline can make even the best covers look like shit. That forza 3 cover would look great without it.

Kabuki Waq said:
man the green xbox360 outline can make even the best covers look like shit. That forza 3 cover would look great without it.
wait for the platinum version or buy a spare black DVD case if it bothers you so much

EdgeTurn

sprocket said:
msyu84.jpg

The guy behind looks like he thinking

"hehehe im going scare her when she turns around to!"

Someone needs to photoshop bored E3 translator guy over the dude behind her.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I don't know about anyone else, but the PS3 KOFXII box art looks way better to me than the 360 one. I was going to pick up the PS3 one anyway, but I thought it was worth saying. :3

"I don't know about anyone else, but the PS3 KOFXII box art looks way better to me than the 360 one. I was going to pick up the PS3 one anyway, but I thought it was worth saying. :3"

Bull.
the nice big open sky looks great the PS3 one looks like its in a box.
and im getting the PS3 one to.

_dementia said:
wait for the platinum version or buy a spare black DVD case if it bothers you so much

it doesnt bother me that much but this is a box art thread and It dissapointing from a box art perspective. It really does waste a LOT of good art.

Aru

Magnus said:
What is that, a remake of the first game? I never touched Persona at all; worth it to jump in there?

Yes it's a remake of the first game.
I don't know if it's worth it though.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
HixxSAFC said:
Two fingers is a bit of a 'naughty' over here. Some take it to mean fuck off, so I doubt it'll get through too.

ah, I see. thanks. wonder what they'll have instead, then? have the hand make a "horns" shape? :lol

RBH said:
An early candidate for best boxart of the year, imo.

Even if it's a car, strangely, the composition is really appealing to me. Maybe not best of the year, best definitely awesome and original for a car game box art

Diablos

Stumpokapow said:
MS owns PGR. Activision owns Bizarre. Turn 10 is doing Forza 3. Bizarre is doing JAMES BOND RACING and Blur. PGR is thus for all intents and purposes dead.
That's bullshit. PGR is so awesome.

Top Bottom