• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June US Boxart Thread

TheSoed

Infernal Monkey said:
138185e.jpg

Anyone know the deal with this? Like, will it have everything the regular Blu-ray would (special features, Digital Copy, etc.) and also the game too? If so, I'll grab this one without thinking. Otherwise I'll stick to the movie alone.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
TheSoed said:
Anyone know the deal with this? Like, will it have everything the regular Blu-ray would (special features, Digital Copy, etc.) and also the game too? If so, I'll grab this one without thinking. Otherwise I'll stick to the movie alone.
It looks like the director's cut blu ray has more movie content.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FB55H6/?tag=neogaf0e-20
* Disc 1 (BD-50):
* Director's cut of the film (186 minutes)
* Interactive "Ultimate Watchmen Experience"
* BD-Live
* Disc 2 (BD-25):
* The Phenomenon: The Comic that Changed Comics (30 min.)
* Real Super Heroes, Real Vigilantes (27 min.)
* Mechanics: Technologies of a Fantastic World (27 min.)
* Webisodes (38 min.)
* Music Video: My Chemical Romance Desolation Row (3 min.)
* Disc 3 (DVD):
* Digital Copy - Theatrical version

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BIULLM/?tag=neogaf0e-20
* Two-disc Complete Experience is only available for the PLAYSTATION 3 Computer Entertainment System and contains the Blu-ray movie and game.
* Contains exclusive collectible poster and History of Watchmen Timeline
* Movie contains Warner Bros. Maximum Movie Mode and Watchmen Focus Point which includes The Minutemen, Girls Kick Ass, Rorschach¿s Mask and much more
* Play as Rorschach, a ferel, streetwise fighter who can disarm enemies to use their own weapons against them
* Play as Nite Owl, a refined fighter who uses martial arts expertise and high-tech wizardry

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
a Master Ninja said:
Only on Playstation! Only on Xbox 360! Only on technicalities!
[ig]http://gamefly.gameflycdn.com/images/games/e/136670e.jpg[/img]http://i40.tinypic.com/16ixlio.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
They should only have that logo over the little extras bullet points on the back of the box.

ZeoVGM

Banned
TheSoed said:

It has both the shitty movie and the shitty game together in one convenient package.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Infernal Monkey said:
Holy crap I had no idea this was getting localized, I'll be there day one

Shame it's got such awful box art because it looks freaking awesome

Edit: Looking for its release date brought me to this, which I hadn't seen before:

51DKmlF-zTL.jpg

Regulus Tera said:
Interesting that they left the Level-5 logo on the box, like with the original game. Not even the Metroid Prime games feature their developer's logo on them.

L5 is an independent publisher now too though (at least in Japan, I hear); this could be reflecting that relationship somehow. Retro has always been treated as just another wing of Nintendo.

TheSoed

sykoex said:
It looks like the director's cut blu ray has more movie content.

Hmm. I'll probably end up with just the director's cut disc for now. Guess I'll wait till they release for sure. Thanks for the info.

Sagitario

Regulus Tera said:
Goddammit, Nintendo.

Interesting that they left the Level-5 logo on the box, like with the original game. Not even the Metroid Prime games feature their developer's logo on them.

They do... in the back of the box :p ...

a Master Ninja said:
136670e.jpg
16ixlio.jpg
"only on" seems to mean "up to six months before a port" but you should know that being on gaf for so long...

And yes, zigma is like gaiden 2.5 directors cut ex max upper ultra sequel.

a Master Ninja said:
think of it this way:
broken ng2 - only on 360
(probably still) broken ng2 but with more content - only on ps3

EXCLUSIVES!

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
G-Fex said:
Bravo Activision, inspired box art.
It has to be a placeholder for the simple reason that there's no way in hell Activision is letting it go without replacing the "5" with a dumb subtitle.

kenta

Has no PEINS
jooey said:
It has to be a placeholder for the simple reason that there's no way in hell Activision is letting it go without replacing the "5" with a dumb subtitle.
It's final, apparently there was a feud last year within Neversoft about naming it GH4 or World Tour. Obviously World Tour won, so this year they're appeasing the side that lost by just calling it GH5

I find it odd that Activision's logo isn't on the 360 box art though

Hero of Legend said:

No more giant boxes being shoved in your faces, just click on the low-res one you see before you for the high-res one, should save on loading times right?

I know I exaggerate sometimes, but that is easily one of the worst boxarts I've ever seen.

Ridley327

Kifimbo said:

On one hand, this is extremely lazy and doesn't seem like the sort of boxart that calls itself out on the shelf.

On the other hand, we've been spared the series' horrible artwork yet again, so I think we can call it a wash.

kiryogi

Banned
FateBreaker said:
I know I exaggerate sometimes, but that is easily one of the worst boxarts I've ever seen.

Eh, it's the japanese box art which was amazing, cept for ignitions logo and the english text.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Nirolak said:

Funniest thing is how they split the top bar into two parts, a legacy generic "PC" bar and a Games for Windows bar. Microsoft cert probably looked the other way to get at least half a Games for Windows box on shop shelfs.

Gagaman

FateBreaker said:
Walk into the PAL box art thread some time. That will change your opinion on that. :lol

DuckRacer

Now that's awesome.

Also, the GH5 boxart would look pretty good if it weren't for them putting back-of-the-box info on the front. Makes it look lazy and crappy instead of nice and simplistic.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Struct09 said:
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/06/360-Brutal-Legend-Box-Art_01.jpg

I love how they redid Double Fine's and EA's logos.

They should have messed with the header and ESRB's label, but I guess that was a no-no.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
kenta said:
Edit: Looking for its release date brought me to this, which I hadn't seen before:

51DKmlF-zTL.jpg
Wasn't smart to put Amano characters right next to Nomura characters. The juxtaposition really shows just how shitty Nomura's character designs are.

Aru

Jive Turkey said:
Wasn't smart to put Amano characters right next to Nomura characters. The juxtaposition really shows just how shitty Nomura's character designs are.

Nomura > Amano.
And those characters arts are Nomuramano. Looks more like Amano art, but with the great style of Nomura :D

Top Bottom