• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Junji Ito was involved in Silent Hills

Arkanius

Now lets be true:
Watch all these big names Kojima was gathering for a HORROR GAME
Yeah it would be sick, but these games are never big blockbusters. Konami was entering in full panic mode watching all that money go to waste.

Golnei

That's just cruel. It was so close...

in-the-soil.jpg
JYCrC1y.jpg
tumblr_noia25SC3O1tod76fo1_500.png

At this point, nothing could make the pain any worse.

Someone filthy rich please please build a dimensional rocket and transfer us to a dimension where this happens.
If someone is that rich, just contact Kojima and make the game already. It can probably be made with 30-40million dollars. Surely thats cheaper than building dimensional rocket.

Exentryk

Now lets be true:
Yeah it would be sick, but these games are never big blockbusters. Konami was entering in full panic mode watching all that money go to waste.

The way PT was made, it would be PERFECT for VR. It would be THE game on VR and a great selling point. Even if it isn't made for VR, the design of PT is very easy to pick up for pretty much everybody. There is no aiming and shooting elements, no levelling up nonsense, no nothing. Just you, the camera and the world.

Arkanius

Also everyone, when Kojima is gone from Konami, nothing is stopping him from gathering the same names and doing something else, just not under the Silent Hills name.

Which would be better, more freedom

I'm keeping the dream alive.

Yokai

Wow I read spiral a long time ago and kind of forgot about it.
I never really knew the author was this revered.

Oh, and yeah, rip Silent Hill(s).

Moaradin

Also everyone, when Kojima is gone from Konami, nothing is stopping him from gathering the same names and doing something else, just not under the Silent Hills name.

Where would he get the funding?

Ratrat

Now lets be true:
BASICALLY. Hollywood directors + actors and legendary manga artist. They would have lost so much money if Kojima had his way. It wouldnt sell a quarter of MGS5.

gogogow

Can you hear me Sony? Do it again. Please. Like Shen Mue. I beg you.

Now the Shemnue 3 Kickstarter campaign has finished, did Sony give money to Yu Suzuki or not? Sony gave him some stage time at their E3 pressconference, but everything else is just so vague. Did Sony fund Shemue 3 or not?

Not really. Del Toro has said he's done with games now, which isn't surprising since he was working on two games and they were both canned. Kojima was only doing SH because he was asked to do it. It's not like he had previous desires to make a horror game as he hates horror. I'd be pretty stunned if he were to start working on another horror game. And whatever he decides to do is probably five or so years away starting in 2016.

Now the Shemnue 3 Kickstarter campaign has finished, did Sony give money to Yu Suzuki or not? Sony gave him some time on stage at their E3 pressconference, but everything else is just so vague. Did Sony fund him or not?

No, they are just helping to publish the game in PS platforms.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
In a way, Del Toro and Kojima have successfully, if unintentionally, gifted us the most horrifying Silent Hill experience they could, one only possible with the assistance of Konami.

If a Del Toro/Ito colab came out of this it might have been worth sacrificing a Kojima game over. However, I'd still have reservation about Del Toro's ability to finish anything ever.

Top Bottom