• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park 4....is on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tookay

They were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.

7LS0QMG.gif

Branduil

This is just a delay. All major films have delays. When they opened filming on Jurassic Park in 1992, nothing worked!

Cheebo

Banned
Thank god, now they can get Spielberg to direct it.

They? It's his production studio. He won't direct it because he isn't insane. Spielberg won't touch that franchise again with a 10 foot pole. He is far above where it is these days. It'd be like Cameron directing another Terminator. Not going to happen ever.

Mully

I don't fucking get it. The script was solid. The sets are pre-built in LA. Animatronics are made. Locations chosen.

I mean, I know the time frame is tight, but I expected a delay, not on hold a little over a month before filming.

Link to the script?

The losers at JPlegacy fucked it up as usual. I told them not to start complaining over every little detail of canon but they wouldn't listen.

Fucking UGH. This movie was really far along.

Yes, I agree it had an unrealistically tight schedule.

The losers at JPlegacy fucked it up as usual. I told them not to start complaining over every little detail of canon but they wouldn't listen.

They may be negative as hell, but I doubt thats the issue.

Fucking UGH. This movie was really far along.

Yes, I agree it had an unrealistically tight schedule.

They may be negative as hell, but I doubt thats the issue.

Your right its not. But I was very mad when I joined over there recently only to find some guy has been emailing the production crew like crazy about using their site's encyclopedia and canon.

It probably got delayed because there really is no time to make it properly in the timespan. Maybe they will make some modifications and push it out to a Summer 2015 release.

Gorillaz

Not out publicly, but those who knew it had good things to say. Written by the Rise Of The Apes people.

Well, judging by that second tweet...

And I remember when the Halo movie was out "On Hold"

isn't halo on hold because of budget? Like the director of District 9 wants to do it. It could be all talk

Anyone who wants Spielberg to direct is crazy. He's the one who shitted all over the franchise with TLW and then went downhill from there (sorry Scullibundo but Spielberg's best films were prior to 1997 not after)

Cheebo

Banned
Anyone who wants Spielberg to direct is crazy. He's the one who shitted all over the franchise with TLW and then went downhill from there (sorry Scullibundo but Spielberg's best films were prior to 1997 not after)
It was bad because his heart wasn't in it at all. He clearly doesn't care about the franchise outside of doing the original and made a mistake agreeing to do a second he had little interest in.

Anyway franchise is dead again, best to move on till we start getting new vague rumors in 2024 or whatever at this rate.

I'm not sure about this yet. Not saying it couldn't be true, but I've yet to read it from any other reputable source/site/whatever. I'm gonna need more than just a couple tweets.

Kunan

Hopefully something good comes out of the ashes of this. Even the most well-intentioned crew would have had trouble meeting that 2014 date.

botty

Banned
Thank God it's dead. It wouldn't have worked. Jurassic Park begins and ends with the first book/movie. No gymkata, no second island, no Spinosaurus, and no feathers!

When a production is put on hold, everybody is essentially fired except for the producers.

Ah. Do you think the movie will still happen? It seemed like Frank Marshall and Spielberg have been wanting another one for almost a decade now and they supposedly had a good script this time.

whatever, im like one of the biggest Jurassic park fans and i honestly don't care anymore. if it was gonna get made it should have by now. don't trust it to be good after JP3 and Indy 4.

I'm perfectly content with 1 and 2 as the only ones i'll watch. (also fuck off TLW is great minus like 2 scenes)

Ah. Do you think the movie will still happen? It seemed like Frank Marshall and Spielberg have been wanting another one for almost a decade now and they supposedly had a good script this time.

Yes I think the movie will still happen. Hopefully they completely re-organise the schedule with the idea of serving the film, not the release date. To be honest, I'd also be happy if they got a more experienced director on board. Not to say that Trevorrow deserves to be fired, but that it's actually unfair on him to expect that he deliver a movie like this. Get somebody with more experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom