• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park 4....is on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
*tweets deleted and removed*

------

Ok guys, heres the deal. The script was fine. The Studio started intervening, and haven been difficult since the beginning. Universal wanted something more 'Epic'. Collin was crushed by this tonight apparently.. its worth noting he is still on the project. I'll have more later.

This is all accurate, but things are more negative than it makes it sound: http://www.jurassicpark4-movie.com/news/784

This fucking sucks.

---

Official response from Universal:
http://www.universalpictures.com/news/Universal_Announcemenet_JP4_1.pdf

In coordination with filmmakers, Universal has decided to release Jurassic Park 4 at a later date giving the studio and filmmakers adequate time to bring audiences the best possible version of the fourth installment in Universal’s beloved franchise. We could not be more excited about the vision that Colin Trevorrow has created for this film, and we look forward to watching as he and the producers create another great chapter in this franchise’s storied history.

Snaku

Banned
Yeah, there was no way they were gonna make that date. If they wanna do it right they'd shoot for 2016.

I have zero expectations for this film, they've been saying JP4 was in the works since JP3 came out.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Cheebo

Banned
2016 at the earliest. No chance they put it in 2015, the same summer as The Avengers 2 and Star Wars 7.

I don't fucking get it. The script was solid. The sets are pre-built in LA. Animatronics are made. Locations chosen.

I mean, I know the time frame is tight, but I expected a delay, not on hold a little over a month before filming.

Honestly it's the best news possible for the film. It means somebody actually woke up and thought about what was going on for a second.

NOPitK6.png

This pleases me.

Meier

YwoGC2M.jpg

Tweet has since been deleted.

Fuck.

I mean, not to say it couldn't be true.. but I'm not gonna take it as gospel just yet. He's apparently just a concept artist. If it didn't have a date already, I'd be more likely to believe it without independent verification.

sky

They were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.

sky

Actually this sucks if true. I'm so ready for another JP, and really want it to be awesome.
I wonder what's really going on. How could it get this far and then stumble... what's up?!

UberTag

lol

I smell a it's never gonna happen if they start delaying it.
What's the over-under on number of Star Wars / Fast and the Furious movies we see before Jurassic Park 4 comes out? 6? 7?

Actually, can we get a Star Wars-Fast and the Furious crossover where Michelle Rodriguez voices a wise-cracking droid?
Vin Diesel and Paul Walker can steal pod racers and get chased by The Rock in a TIE fighter.

Snaku

Banned
Actually this sucks if true. I'm so ready for another JP, and really want it to be awesome.
I wonder what's really going on. How could it get this far and then stumble... what's up?!

JP3D theatrical & Blu-ray release underperform?

What's the over-under on number of Star Wars / Fast and the Furious movies we see before Jurassic Park 4 comes out? 6? 7?

Actually, can we get a Star Wars-Fast and the Furious crossover where Michelle Rodriguez voices a wise-cracking droid?
Vin Diesel and Paul Walker can steal pod racers and get chased by The Rock in a TIE fighter.

Have no idea. On second thought, I think it's good they delayed it (at least this time) since it was going to be rushed (that's rarely a good thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom