• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park Game Evolution 1993 - 2021

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Game Evolution Presents: Evolution of Jurassic Park Games. In this video we take a look at the Evolution of Jurassic Park Games from 1993 to 2021, from the Arcade classics to PC, Mobile and Console games.

0:00 The Game Evolution
0:06 Jurassic Park (1993) Sega Genesis, Sega Master System, Game Gear
0:26 Jurassic Park (1993) SNES, NES, Game Boy, Amiga
0:46 Jurassic Park (1993) Sega CD
1:07 Jurassic Park (1994) Arcade
1:24 Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition (1994) Sega Genesis
1:45 Jurassic Park Part 2: The Chaos Continues (1994) SNES, Game Boy
2:05 Chaos Island (1997) PC
2:26 The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) PS1, Sega Saturn, Sega Genesis, Game Gear, Game Boy
2:47 The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) Arcade
3:04 Trespasser: Jurassic Park (1998) PC
3:24 Warpath: Jurassic Park (1999) PS1
3:44 Jurassic Park III (2001) Arcade
4:01 Jurassic Park III: The DNA Factor (2001) GBA
4:21 Jurassic Park III: Park Builder (2001) GBA
4:42 Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (2003) Xbox, PS2, PC
5:02 Jurassic Park (2011) PS3, Xbox 360, PC
5:23 Jurassic Park: Builder (2012) iOS, Android
5:43 Jurassic World: The Game (2015) iOS, Android
6:05 LEGO Jurassic World (2015) PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC
6:26 Jurassic World Evolution (2018) PS4, Switch, PC, Xbox One
6:47 Jurassic World Evolution 2 (2021) PS5, Xbox Series X, PC

Last edited:

skit_data

Jurassic Park SNES was cool, but no save function made it fucking impossible. Even had some Wolfenstein-clone segments.

The Lost World on PS1 was good, graphics were pretty impressive for the time.

Trespasser, my first PC game. So many memories from that glitchy and genious game. Need a remake ASAP.

Warpath, one of those games I played the most on PS1 and only later realized it was a horrible fighting game.

Operation Genesis was mindblowing, but just like Warpath it was a pretty bad park-sim.

Jurassic Park by Telltale was… well it was a Telltale game. Pretty cool to get a Jurassic Park-”sequel”, too bad it was so underwhelming.

Evolution was good, can’t wait for the sequel. Gonna play it on PS5, hopefully the visuals will be good.

Last edited:

keraj37

Man, I played it on amiga (the 1993 game) and since I knew about Wolf3D, how great this game is, but I didn't have PC, this was my only chance to play FPS game. And man was it great fun.
jurassic_park_(aga)_05.png

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I had the Game Boy one. Pretty bad with difficulty / controls / collisions etc, yet I managed to beat it. It’s one of those mediocre games that you’d trash immediately today, but you’d somehow end up quite liking after spending so much time on it. I replayed it on the NES not a long time ago. I did use some savestates and it’s not a good game, but it’s not complete trash. Those stampede and T-Rex sections are just stupid, though.

I was always interested in the SNES game, but I read that it had no save function at all and it was a long-ass game.

I also played The Lost World on the PS1. What a turd. One of those impossibly hard games where no matter how hard you try, it’s practically impossible to avoid taking damage.

Vick

Jurassic Park SNES was cool, but no save function made it fucking impossible. Even had some Wolfenstein-clone segments.

The Lost World on PS1 was good, graphics were pretty impressive for the time.

Trespasser, my first PC game. So many memories from that glitchy and genious game. Need a remake ASAP.

Warpath, one of those games I played the most on PS1 and only later realized it was a horrible fighting game.

Operation Genesis was mindblowing, but just like Warpath it was a pretty bad park-sim.

Jurassic Park by Telltale was… well it was a Telltale game. Pretty cool to get a Jurassic Park-”sequel”, too bad it was so underwhelming.

Two amazing JP games missing:

- The Lost World: Jurassic Park Arcade

- Lego: Jurassic World

The latter is probably my favorite of them all.. Just a dream for a fan in terms of content, super fun and really good looking. Sure it's still Lego, but no "real" game from this IP could come close to its amount of content.

Evolution was good, can’t wait for the sequel. Gonna play it on PS5, hopefully the visuals will be good.
Evolution 2 looks promising. As i mostly care for the first movie Chaos Theory Mode in particular as it will likely unlock JP things to use in Sandbox. Visuals are a bit underwelming though, their LOD especially is still super noticeable even though justified by the nature of these games systems. PS5 version looks severely compromised compared to the PC at the moment:

7Zcxdz7.gif

The first one was also considerably better on PC, however that happened much later down the Consoles life cycle and not to this extent regardless. The game still managed to look amazing on Consoles though:

35WYLNU.png

tCNeSTX.png

QX7D469.png

gjWbj9A.png

5dIUlIy.png

smUBUi5.png

IXzOB6X.png

6Vt6oj7.png

a5TopzD.png

pCTSTOz.png

Hd8wvaf.png

UKhFDjl.png

So i was hoping for a truly stunning Next-Gen-PC sequel.

Edit---

They just released this:

Pack hunting is finally in the game!

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I remember renting it on Genesis. There were two JP games. I dont remember which one I got but it was the one where the first level is a forest and you can ride a raft down some streams.

I thought it was garbage.

Top Bottom