• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park: The Game |OT| Eventually you might have gameplay in your game, right?

mclem

Rocket Punch said:
“I’ll tell you the problem with the scientific power you’re using here: it didn’t require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done, and you took the next step. You didn’t earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don’t take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you, you’ve patented it, and packaged it, you’ve slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you’re selling it.”

iNgen?

WARP10CK

Banned
tumblr_lr4u7xPVuQ1qzyaoeo1_500.jpg

just had to post this for some reason

RPGCrazied

So, how much longer until this is released? I remember the first episode of Back to The Future, the site had problems I remember.

AEREC

Got this for free since I was already going to renew my PS+ sub in december but I went ahead and did it a month earlier. I love JP but Im honestly not too interested in this game as early footage looked incredibly uninteresting.

Hopefully it is much improved over the last time they showed it.

BuddyC

Always been a big fan of a) dinosaurs and b) Telltale's work so I'm going to have to check this out after I've freed myself from the clutches of Skyrim, Mario and Saints Row. I know it's been a busy season, but this week in particular is just brutal.

Have fun with the chocolate frogs that can open doors. I'll just go watch the Primal Carnage trailers a few times. I'm sure it'll be the same thing.

Symphonic

Cow Mengde said:
Have fun with the chocolate frogs that can open doors. I'll just go watch the Primal Carnage trailers a few times. I'm sure it'll be the same thing.

Adorable.

Would anyone mind posting impressions after they play through the first episode? Thinking about picking this up, love Telltale.

ShogunX

So is this a full retail release? I was under the impression that when the initial announcement hit this was a downloadable title.

Plasma

Banned
loblaw said:
Adorable.

Would anyone mind posting impressions after they play through the first episode? Thinking about picking this up, love Telltale.

Pretty sure it isn't split up into episodes they delayed it so it was all there at launch rather than being episodic.

Captain N

Shogun PaiN said:
So is this a full retail release? I was under the impression that when the initial announcement hit this was a downloadable title.

Microsoft is publishing it for the 360. I guess they did that instead of games on demand.

Plasma

Banned
Mdk7 said:
FUCK!
Steam countdown has been postponed to "approximately 5hrs".
:/

How comes they always seem to do this so close to the actual release, was looking forward to playing it today.

Guess I'll go back to Skyrim for a bit.

Kinyou

Apparently were they able to license all the Dinosaur sounds from the original movie which is kinda cool.

That in mind, the Gamespot demo looked sooooooo bad. I wonder if they polished it since then

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
I will play this because it is Jurassic Park, but I'm going to wait until it's on sale.

Mdk7

Ok, i'm here waiting for the game to come out, and i'm having troubles with my controller... i hope someone can help me.

I have the official Microsoft x360 Wireless Controller Gaming Receiver, bought with a white wireless controller that worked perfectly fine on my computer.
Now the problem is i forgot the pad at a friend's house, so i'm trying to connect my Black X360 controllers to my PC.
Fuck it doesn't work!
I press the little button on the pad to start the wireless search, and the circle lights start to turn on one after another.
Then i press the button on the receiver, and something weird happens on the controller: ALL the lights start to blink, and the pad doesn't connect to the PC.
On the receiver, the light is on.

Is that normal?
Don't tell me i can't use my X360 controller on my computer... :(
Dino lovers help me please!!

U2NUMB

Mdk7 said:
Ok, i'm here waiting for the game to come out, and i'm having troubles with my controller... i hope someone can help me.

I have the official Microsoft x360 Wireless Controller Gaming Receiver, bought with a white wireless controller that worked perfectly fine on my computer.
Now the problem is i forgot the pad at a friend's house, so i'm trying to connect my Black X360 controllers to my PC.
Fuck it doesn't work!
I press the little button on the pad to start the wireless search, and the circle lights start to turn on one after another.
Then i press the button on the receiver, and something weird happens on the controller: ALL the lights start to blink, and the pad doesn't connect to the PC.
On the receiver, the light is on.

Is that normal?
Don't tell me i can't use my X360 controller on my computer... :(
Dino lovers help me please!!

Try going the other way. Hit the receiver button first. Also make sure your friends controller is not in range of his 360 if he has one.

I also assume you have the correct drivers if needed.

Mdk7

U2NUMB said:
Try going the other way. Hit the receiver button first. Also make sure your friends controller is not in range of his 360 if he has one.

I also assume you have the correct drivers if needed.
No my white controller (the one that was packed with the receiver) is at a friend's house, in a different city. :D

The problem is apparently the 360 controllers (the ones i got with the black 360 Slim model) don't connect to the gaming receiver.
I did try the other way, and the result's the same.
What's weird is that the wireless search starts and then after a couple of seconds it stops (as if it properly connected), but instead of the player 1 light being on, ALL the lights keep blinking.

Mdk7 said:
No my white controller (the one that was packed with the receiver) is at a friend's house, in a different city. :D

The problem is apparently the 360 controllers (the ones i got with the black 360 Slim model) don't connect to the gaming receiver.
I did try the other way, and the result's the same.
What's weird is that the wireless search starts and then after a couple of seconds it stops (as if it properly connected), but instead of the player 1 light being on, ALL the lights keep blinking.
Plug a play and charge cable into the PC and the controller. That should also sync it.

Mdk7

plagiarize said:
Plug a play and charge cable into the PC and the controller. That should also sync it.
Done that, still doesn't work.
The light on the Play & Charge turned Green (as if it was properly connected), yet the 4 lights on the pad are ALL lit and blinking. :/

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Heavy Rain's appeal was that by failing QTEs the story would still advance. You could never "fail" a QTE, you'd just keep going and the story would change, sometimes dramatically.

Amazing that TT didn't understand that. Replaying QTEs because you did them wrong is the worst kind of gameplay. The worst.

chubigans said:
Heavy Rain's appeal was that by failing QTEs the story would still advance. You could never "fail" a QTE, you'd just keep going and the story would change, sometimes dramatically.

Amazing that TT didn't understand that. Replaying QTEs because you did them wrong is the worst kind of gameplay. The worst.

I don't think they would have been prepared to handle the amount of work needed to map all of the possible scenarios out.

JJBro One

JP was my favorite movie franchise growing up and I loved the game on the genesis. I want to like this game but it looks sooooooo bad!

chubigans said:

That and the biggest issue is also there's no consistency to the movements you make in the QTE's. One of Heavy Rains most brilliant things was that most moves made sense in the context of the action you're doing with the controller and what it means on the screens.

So far Jurassic Park really doesn't seem to do that.

Any reviews out yet? Do we know how long this game is going to be?

I hope im wrong, but I have a feeling this game is going to flop really hard. It came out during the worse week possible, TT should of put it out in December.

Omikaru

Subscribed. This is the first Telltale "series" in a while that I've not pre-ordered, so I'm hoping there's a demo or that some of you guys give detailed impressions before I take the plunge. It's not helped by the fact that nobody's reviewed it yet.

Top Bottom