• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World Evolution announced, Summer 2018, PC/XB1/PS4 (Frontier)

kc44135

OMG YES!!! So happy right now! Operation Genesis was the best Jurassic Park ever, and sequel/spiritual successor is something I've wanted forever! HYPE! :D

Thinking about it, i'm not entirely sure if this being an official Jurassic park/world game is a good thing entirely. There were at one point rumours (and a trademark) of Frontier making a "Planet Safari" game, which presumably would be like the Zoo Tycoon games. This being an official game with the license means that it won't be compatible with "Planet ___" series, and if they did do a zoo-tycoon style game, there would be no real possibility of dinosaurs being added.

Wow. I'm in really hard. Jurassic Park/World as an IP holds a special place in my heart, and I love park builder type games, so yeah.

I mean, we've been getting like 3-5 new dinosaurs early access games every year on Steam. Dinosaurs are always here with us.

I mean, I've seen Ark. The idea is great, but from what I've seen, the execution isn't amazing. I could be wrong though. If there are recommendations for other dinosaur games you'd recommend, let me know. :)

This is so fucking overdue.

I wonder what tie ins it will have with Fallen Kingdom - I fully expect the many new dinosaur species, but I wonder if it will have things like volcanic eruptions. I also wonder if features like creating hybrid dinosaurs (which is in the mobile game) will make the cut.

The end of the trailer seemed to be a direct homage to Operation Genesis with the storm systems that hit. I'm excited here!

Burny

"PRE RENDERED FOOTAGE"

Well thanks for clarifying, that totally isn't obvious

Frontier got shit for their prerendered Elite Dangerous trailer for months. "But, but, but false promises!" A trailer overexaggerating what you do in the respective game? Unthinkable. :p

This is their new movie based IP they've been teasing then. I really wish them luck. And a better feeling for game design this time. They're technically a pretty capable studio going by Elite and Planet Coaster, so a Jurassic Park management game might do the property justice. But their game design, at least in Elite, has fallen woefully short in so many respects.

Oh hey. I've never played a park builder, so I wasn't familiar with a lot of their games, but I didn't realize these were the Lost Winds folks. I liked those.

Anyone have any good examples of what type of visuals to expect from this studio/game?

How about a recreation of Jurassic Park at Islands of Adventure in their most recent game, Planet Coaster? lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie4o05kQ6OQ

I'm sure someone else will have a better comparison though.

I've been waiting for this since Operation Genesis on the original Xbox. Give me a damn collectors edition. This will be day 1.

Wonder what the odds of that going backwards compatible are.

Probably veeeery slim...

Edit: Apparently it was BC on 360, so maybe there is a chance.

I would love it if they brought it for BC. Is original Xbox BC only for XB1X or also just XB1?

I don't mean to derail the thread with that question.

OMG I just thought about the modding possibilities for this game on pc. I know that Mesozoica and another PC game were being made to fill the empty void of JP OG sequel but now I really hope people get into this.

Cynn

It's been five years since this shocking and unedited footage from one of my Parks leaked. Hopefully I can convince InGen to give me another shot at a franchise with this game.

https://youtu.be/T-cpQpUbMcY

"So there I was ready to do a huge video tour of my very own park from the Xbox game "Jurassic Park Genesis" when I just got sidetracked. Halfway through the video I started removing the fences and selling them for scrap all while visitors rushed around looking for the exits I also deconstructed."

Pantz

Sold my Operation Genesis PC game for I think $260.00 ish a while back. Wouldn't mind a new game at a cheaper price :)

Sold my Operation Genesis PC game for I think $260.00 ish a while back. Wouldn't mind a new game at a cheaper price :)

I was just looking it up online since I never played it. Didn't realize it was so damn expensive, lol. (though it seems a lot of JP games are)

SpotAnime

I'm super excited for this in concept, but since they only showed CG and it's probably not coming until next summer at the earliest (to tie in with the movie I presume), it's hard to get hyped for the game until I see more. But Frontier has good pedigree, although Zoo Tycoon wasn't as deep as a lot of folks wanted I hear...

Well, I think this means Jurassic World Survivor (the open world TPS) is extinct. I doubt they would have two big budget Jurassic games hit in such close proximity.

Jawmuncher

Well, I think this means Jurassic World Survivor (the open world TPS) is extinct. I doubt they would have two big budget Jurassic games hit in such close proximity.

If that's the case I wonder when it died and when this one started dev.
Also makes the whole fiasco on posting about it even more odd if it doesn't exist now.

There were rumours of this game kicking back a bit before E3 and I was surprised nothing came to fruition. Now, seeing this game has me very, very excited.

I wished I actually had the attention span for RTS games back when Operation Genesis was out but hell I'm hyped for this.

I don't know what the world has to do prove out of touch capcom that now is the time for DC to make a return. JP movie series making more money than it ever did, Ark is selling good, And now JP genesis is making a comeback. Freaking Capcom....

If that's the case I wonder when it died and when this one started dev.
Also makes the whole fiasco on posting about it even more odd if it doesn't exist now.

Survivor, if it is dead, must've finally kicked it super late last year or early this year - they parked domains and trademarks as of November and December 2016.

If I had to bet, Evolution has been around as an idea since at least 2015.

Interestingly, the YouTube was parked in 2013 - but the domain was only purchased this month.

Don't do this to me DC, don't do it. T_T

This looks cool and all, but man, I've never had much of an interest in this genre at all. Hopefully this does well and leads to more diverse titles down the line. I don't see this trilogy dropping in popularity as harshly as the original did, so maybe there's hope.

Just like that, but with dinos breaking out and eating your customers hopefully

latest

000358s11.jpg

Top Bottom