• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurrasic: The Hunted

Sadist

Searched, couldn't find anything. Lock if old.

From that Nintendo blog, original Gamefly source

Jurassic: The Hunted

That's what GameFly's listing says...

The rules on the Lost Island are simple: play a part in dinosaur extinction or they'll play a part in yours. Return to Jurassic Park in this story-driven first-person shooter. Weapons and survival expert Craig Dylan has been brought in to protect a research team investigating an energy surge on the island. Use 13 weapons in 12 levels of arena combat, boss fights, and other battles as the first and last line of defense against a bunch of hungry prehistoric lizards. Visualize and target enemy weak points using the cinematic adrenaline burst, travel back in time in Sci-Fi Story Mode, and do your best to make it out alive.

Here's what the ESRB has to say...

Jurassic: The Hunted

Platform: PlayStation 2, Wii

Rating: Teen

Content descriptors: Blood, Mild Language, Violence

Rating summary:

This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of a weapons-and-survival expert sent to a mysterious island inhabited by dinosaurs. Players can explore the island, defend barricades, and battle scores of dinosaurs along the way. Using realistic machine guns, rifles, and pistols, players shoot at hostile dinosaurs that emit sprays of red blood when hit. Dinosaurs' vital organs can also be targeted, depicted by a slow-motion, yellow X-ray image of lungs, brains, and beating hearts. The expletives "b*tch," "a*s," and "damn" can be heard throughout the dialogue.

According to the ESRB, this game is coming to the Wii, 360, PS3 and PS2.

137870e.jpg

Uhhh...

uh oh
I smell a "Turok"(the HOOORRRRIBLE this-gen one) wannabe but worse(if that's possible)

please, be good(decent)

Return to Jurassic Park in this story-driven first-person shooter. Weapons and survival expert Craig Dylan has been brought in to protect a research team investigating an energy surge on the island.

So either they breached the copyright on JP or whomever owns the JP-ip did not want to be associated with this product (since it lacks the destinctive logo and all).

Meh, probably.

Yeah, somebody heard my pleas! Too bad it's Activision. It'll probably be a whole new level of suck. God what I wouldn't give for another Operation Genesis.

jp4d.gif

Edit - Wait, it's based on Jurassic Park? If they can mention the place by name, why can't they use the license? I would think naming the freaking place Jurassic Park is enough to spark lawsuits.

This part alone gives me sooooo much confidence in this product.

This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of a weapons-and-survival expert sent to a mysterious island inhabited by dinosaurs. Players can explore the island, defend barricades, and battle scores of dinosaurs along the way. Using realistic machine guns, rifles, and pistols, players shoot at hostile dinosaurs that emit sprays of red blood when hit. Dinosaurs' vital organs can also be targeted, depicted by a slow-motion, yellow X-ray image of lungs, brains, and beating hearts. The expletives "b*tch," "a*s," and "damn" can be heard throughout the dialogue.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Was previously called Jurassic: Lost Island, which I liked better.

Anyway this is a budget title from Activision Minneapolis (formerly Value), and since I have a morbid curiosity and it seems like the poor-man's Singularity, I have this on my GameFly Q.

Stitch

Gold Member
fuck it's from activision and it's also on ps2 :( horrible looking ps2 port with waggle confirmed :(

Blue Tongue, of de Blob fame made Operation Genesis you know? ;)

Anyway, I cannot bekieve that Nintendo didn't jump to acquire Turok and hand it to Retro, I mean Retro's made of ex-Iguana (creators of Turok) folks aren't they? I know the founder formed both companies.

comedy bomb said:
I wonder if this or Call of Duty will look worse.

jurassicparkyq.jpg

Hero of Legend said:
Blue Tongue, of de Blob fame made Operation Genesis you know? ;)

I know, they should be working on the freaking sequel to Operation Genesis!!!

Was previously called Jurassic: Lost Island, which I liked better.

Anyway this is a budget title from Activision Minneapolis (formerly Value), and since I have a morbid curiosity and it seems like the poor-man's Singularity, I have this on my GameFly Q.

How did you get any information out of this game in the first place? I'm also morbidly curious, but it's not coming to any machine that I own.

Ardorx

Banned
RoboPlato said:
One of the mods, Bisoptl, worked on Turok.

Right, but I didn't realize he bans people for giving their opinions on things. Surely even bisoptl realizes that Turok has it's faults(as should every developer).

Green Mamba said:
Why does that T-Rex on the box have three fingers?

I would say that other predators exists outside of T.Rex, but the the fact that the head of the dinosaur on the box has forward pointing eyes -- a clear trait specialized by tyrannosaurs in general -- says you have the right to question it for having 3 fingers. Even the the general shape of the head matches that of a T.Rex.

Cow Mengde said:
I would say that other predators exists outside of T.Rex, but the the fact that the head of the dinosaur on the box has forward pointing eyes -- a clear trait specialized by tyrannosaurs in general -- says you have the right to question it for having 3 fingers. Even the the general shape of the head matches that of a T.Rex.
Well yeah, I know my dinosaurs, I was just thinking if they could make a head that looks distinctly like a tyrannosaurus, you'd think they could at least get the number of fingers right.

totowhoa

Banned
Green Mamba said:
Well yeah, I know my dinosaurs, I was just thinking if they could make a head that looks distinctly like a tyrannosaurus, you'd think they could at least get the number of fingers right.

:lol Didn't even notice, and I doubt many others will. Nice catch, though. Hopefully it will be fixed (surely an employee lurks GAF).

Green Mamba said:

We can probably assume the level of quality put into this product just by that fact alone. That and the Activision logo.

:lol Didn't even notice, and I doubt many others will. Nice catch, though. Hopefully it will be fixed (surely an employee lurks GAF).

Umm they would have to shrink the length of the arms too. That image shows his arms can clearly touch his jaws. Look at the other image I posted and see just how short the arms are compared to the rest of the body.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
HyperZone<3 said:
I'd love a home version of Sega's non-Jurassic Park licensed dinosaur shooter, but I guess this will have to do.

Primeval_Hunt.jpg

Want.

Ooh, we have those in local arcades <3

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Heh, Cow Mengde didn't take long finding this topic. :lol

Honestly I have no idea why anybody is expecting big things from this - it's quite the anomaly that they reference Jurassic Park (the location) by name but not anywhere else on the box or title, and that and the anatomically incorrect tyrannosaur does not instill confidence in me.

SEGA need to get to work on porting their Jurassic Park arcade games to the Wii in a bundle. When is the fourth film supposed to be out? Maybe they should tie it in with that and offer it for a reduced price a la House of the Dead 2 & 3.

SovanJedi said:
SEGA need to get to work on porting their Jurassic Park arcade games to the Wii in a bundle. When is the fourth film supposed to be out? Maybe they should tie it in with that and offer it for a reduced price a la House of the Dead 2 & 3.

Since Crichtons death it seems that Jurassic Park may be dead too, apprantly producers are reluctant to touch it now and feel like the story should not be messed with anymore.

SmokinGunZ1981 said:
Since Crichtons death it seems that Jurassic Park may be dead too, apprantly producers are reluctant to touch it now and feel like the story should not be messed with anymore.

With the way Hollywood's going, we might as well expect a remake of the first movie. :lol

Hmmm, I wonder if there are any videos of this game in action on youtube. I'm gonna go check it out. Looks pretty cool.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
SmokinGunZ1981 said:

I consider it a small blessing in disguise, as I really didn't like the third film. DAMN YOU Spinosaurus, you don't have the jaw power to snap a T-Rex's neck!

Ookami-kun said:
I think that game would be hard to port, since it requires a touchscreen as well.

DS Lite/DSi connectivity, baby.

You know, as long as we're talking about games that are almost doomed to be shovelware but catch your eye due to its theme, may as well post this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002PK7IB2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Get ready for the most intense, realistic military shooter to ever hit the Wii platform. Grab the Wii remote and lead your squad into battle with tactics and strategies used by the real U.S. Marine Corps. Marines: Modern Urban Combat brings the thrills of first person shooters to the Wii with intuitive Wii controls, deadly AI, amazing squad dynamics, and more!

- This is no arcade shooter! Lead your four-man squad through the deadly streets of Beirut, using the tactics and tools of the US Marine Corps.

- Both your squad and your enemies feature deadly AI unlike anything you¿ve ever seen before. Step up and command your squad in the only FPS for Wii that lets you issue orders to your fellow Marines!

- Gameplay controls have been rebuilt from the ground up to take advantage of the Wii¿s unique motion-based control scheme. Take on your friends in an all-new split-screen multiplayer mode!

I gotta admit the whole thing about it being a hardcore war shooter is interesting.

I wanted to post about this here, because I'm tired of embarassing myself posting threads about "games that catch my eye", and having everyone just scream shovelware, well I ain't doing that anymore. :p

SovanJedi said:
I consider it a small blessing in disguise, as I really didn't like the third film. DAMN YOU Spinosaurus, you don't have the jaw power to snap a T-Rex's neck!

I hope you're not implying you liked the second film. What an unmitigated piece of foul shit that was.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Night_Trekker said:
I hope you're not implying you liked the second film. What an unmitigated piece of foul shit that was.

Well, I didn't pay any attention to the plot if that makes you feel any better - I was in it just for more CGI dinosaurs. And hey, I got a kick out of seeing Mama Rex stomp around the city at the end, so sue me. But yeah the first one was where it's at, don't worry.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
SovanJedi said:

DS Lite/DSi connectivity, baby.

I doubt the Wii could handle the graphics. Also, the touchscreen requires to be hugeass.

Takao

Banned
Although an 8 year-old version of me would love seeing Velociraptors wielding guns, and being able to drive, anyone over that age would just walk out of the theatre. Thankfully, one of the reasons JP4's been in development hell for so long is because they've yet to find a good script indicating gun touting dinos ain't swell. At this point though, I find it more likely we'll see a remake of the first movie then a continuation.

As for this game, I clicked this thread suspecting something Jurrasic Park related, while not by license, it mentions it. Eh, I can't imagine this game being much of a hit, so Universal, and co. probably won't even notice any possible infringements.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
SovanJedi said:
I consider it a small blessing in disguise, as I really didn't like the third film. DAMN OU Spinosaurus, you don't have the jaw power to snap a T-Rex's neck!
It broke the T-Rex's neck by twisting it, not crushing it, FFS.

Kuraudo

Banned
Would kill for a decent dinosaur game. Those creatures would look glorious in HD.

Why Capcom still haven't made a Dino Crisis using the RE4/5 gameplay baffles me.

Anyway, hope this is good.

Unicorn

iamaustrian said:
uh oh
I smell a "Turok"(the HOOORRRRIBLE this-gen one) wannabe but worse(if that's possible)

please, be good(decent)
Wut? Turok was awesome! Amazing considering it was the developer's first game.

Top Bottom