• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jussie Smollett Indicted By Special Prosecutor In Chicago

gunslikewhoa

Mar 3, 2014

Six counts. I don't see them listed, though.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Can we impeach Trump for this? Clearly this is retaliation for Jussi going hard after 45.

And to think those 2 white guys that attacked him are still out there committing more racist crimes as we speak.

Think about the Sandwhich, the innocent Sandwhich that got caught up in all of this.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

Evading subpoenas? Democrats who've been closely watching the impeachment knows what that means!

I want Michelle Obama on the stand. What is her connection to this farce? If she is innocent, she has nothing to hide!

brap

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
Racist America going after an innocent black man again!

They should be going after the real bad guys - those white guys in MAGA hats who waited outside on a freezing cold night to lightly douse him in bleach and loosely wrap a clothesline around his neck.
Agreed. We don't need more racist trump supporting bigots watching Empire to know who this guy is.

Darth

Sep 4, 2012
ResetEra’s hero is back in the news! I see people over there already crying about the news. “Oh no this doesn’t go well against our narrative on racism”.

“Both sides”

“weoponizing”

Because clearly it is immoral to show that just maybe people on both sides for fuck up, people on both sides are racists, etc.

The real world doesn’t ban you for being reasonable. Look back that original thread and the new thread, people still clinging on. That’s why they have “safe” places on race discussion where you have to be invited these days over there.

Reactions: slugbahr

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
The best thing about this is that it is going to be in the news for a bit. Then when it tapers off, BAM! new news on the Covington kids eventual wins in court or settling out of court.

The IdPol regressives are going to have a pretty bad year.

RokkanStoned

Jan 14, 2018
Norway
Hopefully he gets jail time, but even if he somehow dodges that then he is unhireable by any studio thanks to this farce. Which means he is likely to fade into obscurity. Which for someone with an ego like his has to be a punishment all on its own.
Hope not. I really don't like the idea people have of wanting people to be scrubbed from their careers due to any wrongdoing*, whether criminal or not. Honestly, I imagine he'll likely bounce back once it's all done. Perhaps even writing a book and going the sympathy route. At least to the point that he still gets jobs in entertainment, otherwise I'm feeling pretty bad for the guy, despite the circumstances.
Definitely hope he doesn't get too excessive jail time (like the maximum 18 years).

*= with some obvious notable exceptions of course.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Hope not. I really don't like the idea people have of wanting people to be scrubbed from their careers due to any wrongdoing*, whether criminal or not. Honestly, I imagine he'll likely bounce back once it's all done. Perhaps even writing a book and going the sympathy route. At least to the point that he still gets jobs in entertainment, otherwise I'm feeling pretty bad for the guy, despite the circumstances.
Definitely hope he doesn't get too excessive jail time (like the maximum 18 years).

*= with some obvious notable exceptions of course.
Yeah, anything over a couple years for a nonviolent and essentially victimless crimes is absurd to me. Making him pay for the wasted money from the investigation + damages + a couple months jail which turns into house arrest is fair.

Jail time should be about removing dangerous people, not wasting more money housing people whose root crime is wasting money than the money they wasted.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Remember, Jussie Smollett was perfectly fine with letting two innocent guys go to prison for this hoax and Kamala Harris had a race baiting, manipulative “hate crime” bill that was coinciding with this incident.

Interesting that these tweets are still up:

They have so much hubris, that their false flags are getting sloppier.

Dec 15, 2011
Hopefully he gets jail time, but even if he somehow dodges that then he is unhireable by any studio thanks to this farce. Which means he is likely to fade into obscurity. Which for someone with an ego like his has to be a punishment all on its own.
Imagine lying, being partisan, pursuing agendas, misleading people, using appeals to emotion, wasting people's time, denying facts and evidence...

...and being aware enough to know what it does to someone's credibility, standing and reputation...

...Yet not making that final connection to yourself. :unsure:

Already established narrative.

• Fire
Reactions: Whitesnake and Oner
May 22, 2018
Imagine lying, being partisan, pursuing agendas, misleading people, using appeals to emotion, wasting people's time, denying facts and evidence...

...and being aware enough to know what it does to someone's credibility, standing and reputation...

...Yet not making that final connection to yourself. :unsure:

Already established narrative.
Yeah I know it's pretty rough. You should really try working on that. I'm here for you if you need help.

Xenon

Remember, Jussie Smollett was perfectly fine with letting two innocent guys go to prison for this hoax and Kamala Harris had a race baiting, manipulative “hate crime” bill that was coinciding with this incident.

Interesting that these tweets are still up:

There are still people defending him. Here is the writer of ironhearts take. I used to follow here,way before she landed the comic gig, just for a different perspective but after this I had to drop her.

• LOL
Reactions: slugbahr

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
There are still people defending him. Here is the writer of ironhearts take. I used to follow here,way before she landed the comic gig, just for a different perspective but after this I had to drop her.

Why do they always resort to accusations based on mind-reading? Why do they always blame the group they were going to blame anyway even when faced with new facts? This is divisive, maybe intentionally so. It creates a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation for white people and infantilizes the black community.

Before Jussie's hoax was blown wide open:
"See what happens when you elect a MAGA president, whitey? You should feel ashamed! This is America (does Gambino dance)."

After Jussie's hoax was blown wide open:
"We know that you're only upset because he's black and gay. In the end, his hoax reflects the worst on white people who made this system possible."

No self-reflection. No consideration for their impulsive rush to #believejussie and to use his name to push legislation.

If the person seems terminally incapable of admitting a mistake and instead just doubles down on their fantasy yet again, they are likely a narcissist or suffering under the thumb of one. Multiply that across an entire ideology / political bloc and you have a full-blown cult on your hands.

Xenon

Why do they always resort to accusations based on mind-reading? Why do they always blame the group they were going to blame anyway even when faced with new facts? This is divisive, maybe intentionally so. It creates a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation for white people and infantilizes the black community.

Before Jussie's hoax was blown wide open:
"See what happens when you elect a MAGA president, whitey? You should feel ashamed! This is America (does Gambino dance)."

After Jussie's hoax was blown wide open:
"We know that you're only upset because he's black and gay. In the end, his hoax reflects the worst on white people who made this system possible."

No self-reflection. No consideration for their impulsive rush to #believejussie and to use his name to push legislation.

If the person seems terminally incapable of admitting a mistake and instead just doubles down on their fantasy yet again, they are likely a narcissist or suffering under the thumb of one. Multiply that across an entire ideology / political bloc and you have a full-blown cult on your hands.
Having followed her for years and other blue check marks of her ilk, she seem to need to keep her followers emotionally invested in her cause, fighting for more diversity in a hostile world that she continuously pushes with a narrative. Keeping her followers fear of racism to keep them in the fight, and more importantly her as their champion Is purely in her own self-interest. She is constantly calling for more diverse voices in Media and hey she just happens to be one. What a funny coincidence. Sadly it works since she was able to land the Iron Heart job not by actively pursuing it, but by people putting her name up for it. She even said at the time that she really wasn't that into comics. But maybe that was the point in why they hired her to pull their people into the medium who knows? Either way she profits from the above post and that's the most important thing.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

SurprisedPikachu

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2014
Earth
Well, he's about to get suicided. He's too connected to others for his stunt to be fully investigated. Be safe, Jussie. You might be a scumbag but no one should be suicided.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: DeepEnigma

Corrik

Jan 20, 2018
Pittsburgh
Jussie is facing 6 counts of felony 4 (1-3 years each); A total of 18 years, maximum.
A disorderly conduct is a felony??? The disorderly conducts I am used to seeing are like $300 fines lol.

Reactions: Son Tofu

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013

Foxx is running for reelection and her campaign said the timing of the new indictments were suspicious, invoking when former FBI Director James Comey said the agency would be looking into then-candidate Hillary Clinton's email server use shortly before the election.
"The Cook County State’s Attorney’s office charged Jussie Smollett with multiple counts, and today the Special Prosecutor did the same. What’s questionable here is the James Comey-like timing of that charging decision, just 35 days before an election, which can only be interpreted as the further politicization of the justice system, something voters in the era of Donald Trump should consider offensive," the Foxx campaign said, according CBS Chicago.
LOL

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013
Juicy fricked!

The lawyer for the Nigerian brothers at the center of the Jussie Smollett 'hoax' attack scandal say they are prepared to testify at his trial but that they will not feel vindicated unless the Empire actor is found guilty of lying to police.

Feb 22, 2018
China
He is gonna 'commit suicide' the moment he is alone in a cell. Also the security cameras will stop working just before it happens.

Mark my words for posterity.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

Stouffers

Oct 17, 2017
He should’ve been indicted the first time. They already decided not to. I don’t like the precedent this sets.

They should’ve gone with a federal indictment or have just let it go. This is ridiculous.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018

Lol of course the "Ur racist!" sewage. Completely ignoring the fact that the racist was the man who cooked a ridiculous story up to race bait the country and shame it for voting for Trump. Never mind that the person at fault is a liar who took advantage of open wounds to tear the country apart further by perpetrating a hoax, stupidly transparent as it was.

It would be funny if it weren't so predictable and we hadn't heard the joke a thousand times before.

Last edited: