• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just ate my first Jaffa Cake

P-774d22c2-c1ff-4037-ac89-7ace36b1d2ca.jpg

Hmm, I'd buy a box.

highrider

Banned
Never had them, but they look like my kinda thing. I’ll look for them next time I make a world market stop for my European treat fix.

Now dip one in tea, for just a second or two, enough to soak up the tea warm up but not enough to fall apart.

Also, ear the chocolate off, then eat the sponge, then just suck the orange jelly in the middle.

Flip I want a Jaffa Cake now.

TacosNSalsa

The Aldi imitation ones are pretty good too.
Wish I could find a decent recipe that mixes up a whole box of them (maybe with cream or something) to turn them into some super amazing big cake.
Was just about to ask if there is a US equivalent , Do you remember what they're called?

Congrats on your discovery. Imagine how many Jaffa Cakes the average Brit consumes in their lifetime. I'm sure I must have passed the one million mark by now.

Terry's dark chocolate orange is the best though.

fixed that for you 😁👍

(although the popping candy one is fairly awesome at Xmas)

Catphish

I now buy these every week, but the orange ones are the only ones the store sells. Which is fine, cuz they're fking amazing.

And I recently started having tea with them. I don't know what heaven is, but if it doesn't involve tea and Jaffa Cakes, then it can't possibly live up to its name. 👍

Last edited:

Breakage

I can't remember the last time I ate a Jaffa cake. Every time I pass them in the supermarket, I briefly think about picking up a box and then just walk straight past them.

Top Bottom