• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 is broken on PS4, where is the noise?

jrcbandit

Game still runs like crap on PC too unless you have a 980Ti or better ;p. Absolutely horrible performance on a 970 at 1440p and no SLI support still.

Maybe they think they can get away just like how Bethesda got away with PS3 Skyrim. Avalanche is certainly on my blacklist after this shit show.

Justinh

digital_foundry_bat_symbol.jpg

There definitely needs to be a spotlight on this mess of a game until it gets fixed.

Agreed, its a broken piece of shit

2mDU3Es.png

Seriously though, it would be nice if they did some sort of analysis on the game post this patch that screws with the game. It seems like people pay attention to them and hopefully they could light fires under asses.

low-G

lol.

But for real, the game was pretty poorly optimized from the start, but I'm amazed they fucked it up worse and let it go. This game needs a recall.

danowat

Banned
Maybe they think they can get away just like how Bethesda got away with PS3 Skyrim. Avalanche is certainly on my blacklist after this shit show.

They can, and they have, I actively dissuade anyone from buying the game on console.

Sony/Microsoft need to step in and protect their customers in situations like this.

Neither Sony or MS are bothered, the game passed cert and that's all that mattered to them.

Avalanche is a company of scumbags, period

Meanwhile they have not hesitated to churn out dlc you can buy for a broken game

They are not a studio to support

This is the type of shit that needs to be given more attention. Developers ruining their games and not fixing them months after the fact is bullshit practice.

Chabbles

Its a damn shame, the game is a lot of fun when it works. But performance isnt great from the get go, and when i moved onto the largest island it deteriorated to where it completely sucked the fun from the experience. It gets real bad flying around in fast jets too, i mean come on, thats one of the corner stones of the game. I've shelved it in hopes of a patch, maybe only hopes on console is a neo/scorpio update patch.

This is already known; there's no new news. Those who wish to purchase the game can easily find (or have already seen) threads about how busted it is.

I think that's a proportionate response to the issue.

"Might as well not discuss anything that's ever been brought up on the internet before."
-Crumpo

AwRy108

This is the type of shit that needs to be given more attention. Developers ruining their games and not fixing them months after the fact is bullshit practice.

Agreed. Where are the chest-thumping sites like Kotaku when we actually need them? Can anyone on GAF make some contact with an editor at one of these sites? I'd love to see this issue hit one of the bigger media outlets.

Jonbo298

I'm not sure what's going on with Avalanche nowadays. I used to love the hell out of them because of Just Cause 2. Heck even Mad Max (on PC) I still loved them for because it was optimized pretty well even though consoles seem to have suffered. JC3 just killed it for me, even though I know it was a new branch of Avalanche instead of the JC2 team.

A lot of noise was made here and other sites but it seems like the gaming press didn't shine a big enough spotlight on the major problems and Avalanche is happy it essentially got swept under the rug due to it releasing during the holiday season.

DrBo42

If you think the PS4 version is unplayable, you should check out the XB1 version. No idea how the games media didn't pick up on it. Owners got absolutely fucked on console.

LAM09

I was really hyped for it at launch, but all the criticism about the performance put me off. I'm honestly shocked that it still hasn't sorted 7 months later.

They should have got the same team that worked on Mad Max, as it was almost flawless at release for me.

Glowsquid

EDIT: ...start watching this at 1:40: https://youtu.be/RPMbWwDFVCY

The PS3 version of Armored Core; For Answer had a very similar framerate problem introduced in a patch, but at least there was an unorthodox way to roll back to an earlier revision. It's sad hyperbole on gaming forum has deprived words like "unplayable" and "slideshow" of their impact, because what's shown in that video really is an unplayable slideshow.

kudoboi

Game still runs like crap on PC too unless you have a 980Ti or better ;p. Absolutely horrible performance on a 970 at 1440p and no SLI support still.

The game has a memory leak that hasn't been fixed since launch. If you don't have AT LEAST 16gb of RAM, don't even bother playing this game on PC

Fury451

Banned
From what I understand, the game is a technical and poorly optimized mess in general.

It's sad, because I enjoyed the game, but haven't touched it since I finished and won't even think about the DLC until they fix it (if they do). On ps4

Where did I say that? I simply said we already know it's busted; I don't see how you managed to twist that into it being the consumer's fault. It's a simple case of voting with your wallet.

We're on GAF-I would have thought most people either research their games before buying or if they buy on a whim they did it for a reason that would make them overlook things like graphics/frame rate (like big fans of the series).

OT - Anything coming out of Avalanche's studios should not get a free pass from now on; they have lost any faith that they have built up over the years.

You're comment is still stupid. You don't want us to discuss it because there has already been made a thread before apparently.

And you're assuming alot of things. Not all Gaffers read all threads about all games.

Get a grip.

Performance was trash from day 1 and I can't believe just how much worse they've made it since then.

Between Mad Max and Just Cause 3 Avalanche has lost my faith as game designers, and developers in general. Both were loaded with uneven design decisions and poor performance.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Sony should allow refunds for digital goods that don't work. That's the only reason why Arkham Knight got fixed on the PC. Everyone else probably traded the game in already.

LostDonkey

Sony should allow refunds for digital goods that don't work. That's the only reason why Arkham Knight got fixed on the PC. Everyone else probably traded the game in already.

If you're in the UK I'd report it to trading standards or citizens advice and see what they say. The law on digital goods is the same as physical ie they have to be fit for purchase and perform well enough to how they are described. From what I've seen, JC3 fails to do that. I'm sure other countries must have some other form of protection for consumers against goods that fail to perform as described. It's not on at all.

Undead

JC3 has been a broken POS since it launched and undersold accordingly.
Mad Max was also a broken POS that undersold, if Avalanche can't learn to optimise their games then I can't see any reason to give them more money when they release JC4.

Avalanche should remember we are in a climate where one bad game or even an underperforming game can cause a dev to get shut down.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I know it's not ideal (or fair to the consumers who paid for the game, myself included), but could you just disable the PS4's auto-patching for the week or two that you're playing through the game?

In any event, screw the devs and publishers who pull this kind of crap.

Man...that's even worse than what I had in mind. O.O

I still really want to play it since JC2 is one of my favorite open world games but everytime I walk by it in retail spaces, I can't give them my money knowing how fucked up things are.

Vuze

I only played it for a few hours before I eventually got sick of how they forced you to do useless stuff to progress, but I can't really complain about how it ran on a 970 at 1440p tbh. It was a decent experience for me at least (i7 4790k / 970 / 16GB RAM setup back then).
Really the most disappointing sequel I played in the past year tbh. JC2 was so good, visually stunning and super fun.

xrnzaaas

I really wanted this game, too. I've held off solely because of the terrible performance. So weird how they haven't fixed this. It's like they don't want my money or something.
The entire code is probably a mess and by trying to fix it they're only making it worse.

NotKrankor

Unconfirmed Member
Bought it about two months ago when it was about 20€. Stupid idea. Those 20 fps (sometimes sub 15) make the whole experience mildly infuriating. I stopped playing it because of performances.

Yep. Bought it back in March, played for a week, performance was terrible so I sold it.

If they ever patch this game up then I'll try it again, but man they dropped the ball for 3. And after JC2 was so gdlk.

Cherry

Banned
I've wanted this game for so long, but seeing these issues has prevented me from buying it. At this rate, I'll never play it.

Or any future Avalanche games.

HeeHo

I've wanted this game for so long, but seeing these issues has prevented me from buying it. At this rate, I'll never play it.

Or any future Avalanche games.

Came here to post this. I want to play the game but ... not like this.

outsida

The game has a memory leak that hasn't been fixed since launch. If you don't have AT LEAST 16gb of RAM, don't even bother playing this game on PC

Yeah the game really needs 16 gigs or better. I noticed it became far more playable after I added more ram. This was even before I upgraded to the 1070. I have no problems with performance after those two upgrades.

I know it's not ideal (or fair to the consumers who paid for the game, myself included), but could you just disable the PS4's auto-patching for the week or two that you're playing through the game?

In any event, screw the devs and publishers who pull this kind of crap.

Holy crap! It almost made me think the YouTube player was frozen or something. Thats insane.

Top Bottom