• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 is broken on PS4, where is the noise?

Avalanche has a history of breaking games with patches.

One of the Mad Max patches on PC introduced a bug where, if you did all of the events on the map before reaching a certain point, you couldn't access the map anymore. That;s kind of a big deal in an open world game. The worst part is it took them weeks to fix it.

From now on I'm only buying Avalanche games used or from the bargain bin.

Chabbles

You know whats needed for when Publishers play ignorant and completely ignore the mess they've released ?. A Game of shame thread, stickied to the top (or even a website dedicated to it), specifically relating to piss poor performance. State the Game name, Platform, Publisher and what they've officially said about the situation, if anything, and Avoid in bolded (that could obviously be updated if a working patch was released). It'd need to be taken to the point where Publishers would be sweating with the idea of their game making Gafs "Games of shame" list.

urge26

It's clearly not fine for everyone though. No need to be a dick about it.

I'm not trying to be a dick about it at all, I'm just taking it for what it is. If I was playing it on a GTX 980/1070/1080 and it was broken, then yeah I'd have a different opinion (and to be honest I don't know what the performance is like on pc). I'm sure things will get worse as I progress, I'm just saying it's perfectly playable in my mind.

I'm not trying to be a dick about it at all, I'm just taking it for what it is. If I was playing it on a GTX 980/1070/1080 and it was broken, then yeah I'd have a different opinion (and to be honest I don't know what the performance is like on pc). I'm sure things will get worse as I progress, I'm just saying it's perfectly playable in my mind.

You either have a magic copy of the game or your threshold for dog shit game performance is very low.

Roussow

Just out of morbid curiosity, I bought this pre-owned yesterday, knowing full well my local game store had a seven day refund policy. I shut the game off shortly after the first town liberation, it's fucked man. Completely fucked. Like I can see how good it can be in quieter, lesser areas -- but as soon as it kicks off it's fucking rough. Like the worst thing I've ever seen on my PS4 (personally, there could be worse). It's worse than Fallout 4 at its worst, worse than early Witcher 3. I deemed it unplayable, and returned it today. It just sucks because there's some awesome looking stuff in that game, and if a patch makes it a lot more stable I'll certainly grab it again, but until then I can't ever see myself touching it.

schaft0620

Just out of morbid curiosity, I bought this pre-owned yesterday, knowing full well my local game store had a seven day refund policy. I shut the game off shortly after the first town liberation, it's fucked man. Completely fucked. Like I can see how good it can be in quieter, lesser areas -- but as soon as it kicks off it's fucking rough. Like the worst thing I've ever seen on my PS4 (personally, there could be worse). It's worse than Fallout 4 at its worst, worse than early Witcher 3. I deemed it unplayable, and returned it today. It just sucks because there's some awesome looking stuff in that game, and if a patch makes it a lot more stable I'll certainly grab it again, but until then I can't ever see myself touching it.

Thanks I was going to buy this when it was on sale at BB, will wait.

danowat

Banned
You either have a magic copy of the game or your threshold for dog shit game performance is very low.

I'll be honest, when the game was first released, a lot of people said they couldn't play it due to the performance, where as it was ok for me to play.

That said, when they released the performance patch, it was way to bad for me to play, and my threshold for dog shit is way, way higher than the common or garden GAFfer.

It's the shittiest of the dog shit games, I assume no media outlets are interesting in running this story.

'Works fine for me' doesn't help anybody though. It doesn't add anything to the conversation and can be annoying quite frankly.

DryvBy

I actually thought people were exaggerating. I had played the game and while it dropped, it was playable. I played it a couple of weekends ago and it crawls. It's awful. I think the average framerate I got was around 15. It's awful. I'd love to unpatch it but I bought this digitally like an idiot. So I'm screwed until a good Steam sale.

Digital future gtfo.

Rogan

Banned
Thanks. So... they managed to make it perform EVEN WORSE than after the previous patch.

What a fucking atrocity.

Again?

I bought it digital for 69.99 euro's because I loved the 2nd game so much. I liberated everything and stopped playing, because it was unplayable.

Iearned my lesson.

Teletraan1

Banned
I heard the noise when it came out and responded by not buying the game, so the noise did its job. Continually shouting about the game still being broken seems a bit unnecessary tbh.

This is why you shouldn't pre-order stuff.

Pretty much what I came to post.

kevin1025

Banned
I started playing it for the first time when the new patch came out. This is just from personal anecdote, but it doesn't seem like it's the explosions that makes the framerate dip, but when enemies start to flood in.

lcap

Man, that's so sad. The worst of it all is that the game is awesome. The perfect sandbox experience for me, but like this. No no no.

I'm to blame that I gave them the benefit of the doubt by even buying the lackluster expansion pack.

Lesson learned. I hope.

Heyt

Banned
I really want to buy this and play it well.

Has anyone wrote the dev about all this shit?

If O buy it physical on ps4 can I play it without the patches that ruin it? How?

vypek

I really want to buy this and play it well.

Has anyone wrote the dev about all this shit?

If O buy it physical on ps4 can I play it without the patches that ruin it? How?

My brother and I posted on the official forums for a while and it never really got a response out of community manager that addressed anything. I didn't bother with Twitter but that might be the best way to reach them.

Famassu

Well done to DF for uploading the new video. I doubt the devs will give a shit but the more exposure the better.
It's not necessarily that they don't care. Maybe the fixes required are just too massive that it's not realistic to fix it without, like, having to do some massive rework on the engine (the kind that they can't do if a significant portion of the team is already working on other projects). Maybe it's near impossible to fix if they've bitten more than PS4Bone can chew (without massive downgrades on the level that would make some portion of the userbase angry instead). Maybe they are trying to fix it as we speak but are just doing a horrible job at communicating until they actually have a proper fix at hand. Maybe they don't have the resources to fix it even if they care & would want to fix it. Maybe they are just too incompetent to fix it.

The world isn't so black & white as you paint it. It's not like the devs are sitting in a room, looking at all the feedback about the performance and laughing at all the dumbasses who bought the game. "The devs don't care" is as dumb a criticism as "lazy devs", in most cases. A lot of devs care but it's not always up to them if they can do anything about it.

I'm saying I doubt the devs give a shit about the video which is a pretty safe assumption given their lack of communication about its state since release.

I'm sure some people who worked on it do care that it is sub par performance wise but considering the amount of dlc they have pumped out while keeping quiet they have lost my good faith regardless.

Top Bottom