• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 4: Story Trailer.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Now rogue from the Agency, Rico Rodriguez visits Solís in South America hell bent on uncovering the truth behind his father’s death. This huge, beautiful South American island is home to violent tornadoes and storms while its locals are kept under control by the ruthless Black Hand militia led by the dangerous Gabriela. Rico soon forms an alliance with Mira, a rebellious dissident before finding himself leading an army as he fights, grapples and wingsuits his way through conspiracies and chaos.

Just Cause 4 is coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC on 4th December 2018.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
I can't think of another game that is more better suited for co-op or some form of open world online play. Everytime I play Just Cause I can't help but think of the old Mercinaries games and how much fun this type of game used to when playing with friends. I know someone modded the PC version of Just cause to to have online play what is keeping them from including this? It seems like such a hugely missed opportunity

Jae Mara

Rico wants answers about his father... goes to an island and blows up every structure than he can.
Dont pretend anyone is here for the story.

Solo Act

I never played the first, but Just Cause 2 was amazing. I actually found every hidden package in the game. Just Cause 3 was fun initially, but it got old in a hurry. All of the skills were locked behind doing challenges and I hated that aspect.

I'm cautiously optimistic about part 4. I would've already pre-ordered if 3 would've been better. Also, I agree with Jae Mara that no one plays Just Cause for the story.

Last edited:

BigBooper

I really wish they'd go back to the heavy physics gameplay of JC2. It's more fun when things are hinging on the brink of control, compared to the arcade twitchiness of JC3.

wipeout364

I didn’t care for Just Cause 1 but absolutely loved Just Cause 2. Just Cause 3 was one of my most anticipated games of that year and it kind of sucked.

I am honestly not sure what to feel about Just Cause 4 and that makes me sad.

I really liked Mad Max though, is it that team that is doing this or the team that did just Cause 3, because they are terrible.

HeresJohnny

Another broken dead world full of gimicks that will bore soon enough? Will give it a go when it hits PS Plus.
I loved Just Cause 2, but it concerns me that they are focusing on the story... who cares? The story's always been awful. Just Cause is kind of a spiritual successor to Mercenaries. I don't care about the characters at all. Make the damn game run right this time, because Just Cause 3's garbage almost put the franchise in the ground.

Woffls

Yeah I'm worried that the only two Just Cause 4 trailers to which I've been exposed have been regarding story or a character -- I absolutely could not care less about either of those. I have played all three Just Cause titles extensively upon their release and the appeal has always been the mechanics by which you navigate the world. The wingsuit pretty much sold me on Just Cause 3 all by itself, because that's what makes a difference to the core experience.

I'm not sure if I'll buy Just Cause 4 at launch because I've just not heard anything interesting about it. :messenger_confused:

e: oh yeah I forgot about the weather system. That should be cool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom