• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just did the $1 Game Pass Ultimate deal to convert my existing Gold sub for 3 years!

manfestival

I take it that you cannot do that now... I am enjoying the game pass right now. Been playing a few games on it and I would like more time to play through them without rushing through

This thread needs a title change to highlight that your current xbox live gold subscription will convert to Gamepass Ultimate for the $1 (up to June 10, 2022).

It's actually such a good deal that it got me... Now I'm simultaneously satisfied and ashamed for my part in enabling the all digital future.

And horrified that I know 3 years from now when this is about to expire and I have so many games I may be interested in about to become inaccessible... Like Halo Infinite or a soon to be released Fable Reboot.. That I'll be resubbing to keep it going... Just like Netflix....

..Shit. What have I done?

Last edited:
This thread needs a title change to highlight that your current xbox live gold subscription will convert to Gamepass Ultimate for the $1 (up to June 10, 2022).

It's actually such a good deal that it got me... Now I'm simultaneously satisfied and ashamed for my part in enabling the all digital future.

And horrified that I know 3 years from now when this is about to expire and I have so many games I may be interested in about to become inaccessible... Like Halo Infinite or a soon to be released Fable Reboot.. That I'll be resubbing to keep it going... Just like Netflix....

Little fishy, you have swallowed the hook. Games are a service to you now.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
While PC Gamepass app is serviceable, it needs a lot of work in that there needs to a screen that shows which titles are available on Gamepass. I used the app search engine but it didn’t show all games.

kingwingin

You can always buy the games before the sub ends with that 20% gamepass discount and I'm sure they will be dirt cheap by then anyway

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Probably worth adding that you must spend $ 180 to get this $1 deal.
Not true. It's $1, but the length of time depends what someone wants to commit to. I maxed it out for 3 years of Gold, so my $1 Ultimate applies to 3 years.

Someone can convert 1 year of Gold if they want, or whatever their existing Gold plan is at.

Not true. It's $1, but the length of time depends what someone wants to commit to. I maxed it out for 3 years of Gold, so my $1 Ultimate applies to 3 years.

Someone can convert 1 year of Gold if they want, or whatever their existing Gold plan is at.
Thread title should mention that you must have Xbox Live Gold plan for this $1 deal.

It's a great deal for xbox owners dgmw, but for anyone on pc it's meh for the most part.

Last edited:

lucius

I shouldn't have of activated it until I got at least a year of Gold but i didn't see any $39 Gold deals, I still got it until this October for like nothing they converted my mostly free GP months to it.

thelastword

Banned
While PC Gamepass app is serviceable, it needs a lot of work in that there needs to a screen that shows which titles are available on Gamepass. I used the app search engine but it didn’t show all games.
It's really buggy at the moment.....

Probably worth adding that you must spend $ 180 to get this $1 deal.
I thought that would be essential to clearly indicate in the OP as well.....

Esppiral

So If I already have game pass ultimate until August and I add an extra year of gold will it work?

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
So If I already have game pass ultimate until August and I add an extra year of gold will it work?
It will but the ratio won't be 1:1. I think it'll then be like, for every 30 days of Live, you get 20 days ultimate.

kingwingin

It will but the ratio won't be 1:1. I think it'll then be like, for every 30 days of Live, you get 20 days ultimate.
that cant be true. I have ultimate until June 2022. If gold maxes out at 3 years then I should only have 2 years of ultimate

TLZ

Banned
that cant be true. I have ultimate until June 2022. If gold maxes out at 3 years then I should only have 2 years of ultimate
Did you do live gold first then the $1 ultimate? I'm talking about if you the $1 ultimate upgrade first, then add live gold. It's better to do live gold first before the $1 ultimate upgrade, that way you get 1:1.

BigBooper

Do you still get to keep the Gold games if your subscription expires? Or are they now tied to the ultimate membership?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Do you still get to keep the Gold games if your subscription expires? Or are they now tied to the ultimate membership?
Unless it's changed, gold games stay with you even if you do not renew. That is different from PS+. PS+ games no longer work if you don't renew.

Gamepass games obviously do NOT stay with you.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
Added another year of gold this morning before doing this deal now I am set until 3/22. I love gamepass but was always on the fence on gold. Welcome to the new members of the gamepass family there are now dozens of us!

Kadayi

Banned
Seems like a good deal if you're prepared to pay the initial cost and are already an Xbox user. Tempting as it is, I'm probably going to eschew though because my primary interest is in playing The Outer Worlds when it releases (because fuck the Sweeney and EGS) and that won't be for quite a while.

manfestival

I did not pay attention to the deal. I dont understand. Did I pay for xbox live in the process too? I dont have an xbox and signed up for the games pass PC entirely

Rockondevil

Gold Member
Always renew my Gold but don't generally use Games Pass. But this was too good not to jump on so renewed up till October 2021 and now Games Pass Ultimate till that day.
Can't complain for $1.

kingwingin

Did you do live gold first then the $1 ultimate? I'm talking about if you the $1 ultimate upgrade first, then add live gold. It's better to do live gold first before the $1 ultimate upgrade, that way you get 1:1.
Yeah I did gold first, I didnt know you could extend it afterwards. Misread the post between you two

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ

DavidGzz

Well, I'm lazy so I have been paying $10 a month for Gold alone so this just saved so much money in the long run, plus I get Gamepass. Awesome deal!

rrice64

Neo Member
I did the same thing. I bought another year off cdkeys, added it, then did the $1 deal. I'm good til November 2021 right now. And we're getting Blair Witch, Gears 5, and The Outer Worlds this year alone. Totally worth the price.

Dory16

Banned
That's exactly what happened to me when I tried it. Purchased Gold until October 2020 and I had monthly recurring Game Pass. That converted itno Ultimate Game Pass until Feb 2020 only.
My bad, it gave me 12 + 1 months worth of Game Pass Ultimate

BigBooper

It still is a better offer than what PS+ does, but it isn't perfect either.
Well then it will probably be a sucky service in the future if like me you wanted to keep the games with or without a sub. No new 360 games coming to XBone. I doubt they will carry that feature forward into next gen. It wouldn't make much sense to keep it the same.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Public Service announcement in case you haven't taken advantage of this deal:

If you want to take advantage of the cheap price of Gamepass Ultimate for $1

YOU MUST EXTEND GOLD FIRST

Extend Gold to the date that you are comfortable. The longer the better. For a max of (I believe) 3 years. AFTER you have done that and have gold all setup then make the $1 purchase. The $1 purchase will convert your gold account to an Ultimate account for however long you extended Gold for.

If you do the $1 deal first, you're pretty much stuck paying the $14.99 a month once your current Xbox Live term ends.

Guessing today is the last day--it's still showing up on the site for me (NA) so I'm about to see where I can find the best deal on Gold and then do this.

25utoi0.jpg

Top Bottom