• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just finished RE 2 Remake

So I've just finished playing RE 2 Remake and let me tell you, it's really overrated. I mean, what's to like so much? The game is just RE2 from another perspective. There's nothing mind-blowing about this game, it feels like you're just playing the N64 version. The graphics are ok, but I don't know, the whole time I was playing it felt meh.

There's no twist, no expanded story, boss fights are horrible and the nostalgia just fells off right from. The start when you look at the disgusting character designs.

I don't know why people think this was a great game, I'll rather play the original 10 times over. Good thing I didn't bought RE 3, because if this was praised and that was panned then that game must be horrible.

So I've just finished playing RE 2 Remake and let me tell you, it's really overrated. I mean, what's to like so much? The game is just RE2 from another perspective. There's nothing mind-blowing about this game, it feels like you're just playing the N64 version. The graphics are ok, but I don't know, the whole time I was playing it felt meh.

There's no twist, no expanded story, boss fights are horrible and the nostalgia just fells off right from. The start when you look at the disgusting character designs.

I don't know why people think this was a great game, I'll rather play the original 10 times over. Good thing I didn't bought RE 3, because if this was praised and that was panned then that game must be horrible.
What?

Phase

Bye GIF by Tony Awards

Ladies and gentlemen, the wrong opinion.
Dude, there are 4 boss fights that last like 2 minutes or less each. There's no development of the story, just the same old we already saw in RE2. This for me should be called a remaster because thats what it is. There's nothing new to see here. Same old with better graphics.

Dude, there are 4 boss fights that last like 2 minutes or less each. There's no development of the story, just the same old we already saw in RE2. This for me should be called a remaster because thats what it is. There's nothing new to see here. Same old with better graphics.
Uh... This is a remake. Do you even know what a remaster is?

Well, definitely don't play the nemesis remake.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck

The graphics are really good, easily the best looking resident evil game ever made, except for maybe R3make.

Despite being a remake, they changed enough to make it exciting for people who are still fond of the original. There were several tense sections that I really enjoyed which weren't in the original.

The controls were excellent and certainly head and shoulders above the archaic original tank controls.

It's too bad you couldn't find a way to enjoy it. I think most people would disagree with you. Maybe RE Village will be more to your taste, or maybe you just want to be eDgY and CoNtRoVeRsIaL 😏

dcx4610

I loved it. I consider it the perfect Resident Evil.

It did feel a little short (but high quality). That said, I never did play the original RE2 on PS1 so it was a new experience for me.

Rubik8

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even if that opinion is wrong and dumb.

It was literally a game for the fans of the original. They actually did introduce changes but it was never meant to be a total overhaul otherwise people would of ripped em a new one for fucking up a classic.

Roni

Gold Member

that's why it's called a remake.

NinjaBoiX

“The graphics are OK”

“The disgusting character models”

OP, you’re chatting shit just to dogpile the game because it wasn’t as good as you were hoping.

Most others, including me, thought it was fantastic.

It sucks you didn’t, but shrug and move on.

I loved it. I consider it the perfect Resident Evil.

It did feel a little short (but high quality). That said, I never did play the original RE2 on PS1 so it was a new experience for me.
If you didn't played the original then obviously you were going to like the remake. The problem is they didn't add anything really.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
I’ve just taken the ride to the Labs and I couldn’t disagree more. I think the job they did with the limitations of last gen is pretty remarkable.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I played it again recently, it's still good but people DEFINITELY over praise it. Still not as good as the first remake but it's at least a worthy remake unlike RE3, sadly.

93xfan

Banned

Nothing new?! Mr X wandering the precinct and reacting to the noise you’re making is such a major upgrade.

And calling it a remaster is just using the wrong terminology

Last edited:

Kirazuki_01

Neo Member
RE2R was my GOTY. They nailed the setting amd atmosphere perfectly and I love the original game as much as the remake. Just a shame they couldn't carry it over to the disappointing RE3R.

assurdum

Banned

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Last edited:

Roufianos

I think the police department is God-tier but the quality (in terms of atmosphere and pacing) really plummets once you leave.

I'd give it an 8/10 or so, great game but not one of my GOATs or anything.

Kokoloko85

It was good, but could of been alot better.

2 proper scenarios, not having Mr X as a stalker ( that ruined the feeling for me )

The police station was a bit short and the same effort wasnt put int eh Sewers or Lab areas of the game

Top Bottom