• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got an email about God of War (and about future collection titles)

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, just got an email survey talking about if I liked GoW 3, etc. At the end, there is one more question.

"What titles would you like to see in a future collection (2 or more PS2 titles upgraded with similar features to God of War Collection)?"

You write something in. Anything you want.

So it is definetely on Sony's radar.

Sorry if this is old, but just got the email 2 minutes ago.

Oli

Sounds like a pretty standard survey thing. Nintendo asks similar questions in their surveys and rarely comes through with anything as a result. Maybe Sony is different though.

Mikey Jr.

Snuggler said:
MGS 1-3 HD collection, oh dear Zeus please make it be.

I'll write whatever you guys want. But MGS1 won't work, it says PS2 titles. MGS2 and 3 would be ok I guess.

And yes, I already wrote ICO and SOTC.

Mikey Jr. said:
I'll write whatever you guys want. But MGS1 won't work, it says PS2 titles. MGS2 and 3 would be ok I guess.

And yes, I already wrote ICO and SOTC.

ico-sotc
mgs2-mgs3
zoe1-zoe2
sh2-sh3
edit:
dmc1,dmc3
make it happen man we're all counting on you!:D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Mikey Jr. said:

I know, but it would be 10X more pawesome if I could have the entire series remastered for my PS3. I'd still be happy with 2 & 3, though. Maybe they'd include a voucher for the PS1PSN version but I have the disc from the MGS collection so at least I could still play the entire series on my PS3.

I also want Sly Cooper HD but I don't really care about the sequels, it will never happen but a PS2 platformers collection with Sly 1, Jak & Daxter and a Ratchet would be superb.

Mikey Jr.

Also, it says as a sub heading

"Please enter as many collections as you are interested in seeing produced: "

Not sure if writing down all these is a great idea. I think some should get more priority. I'll say "listed in order" then I'll put all of them.

Mikey Jr.

Ehh?

"Listen in order of most interest:
1. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus
2. Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3
3. Final Fantasy X and XII
4. Zone of Enders 1 and 2
5. Xenosaga 1, 2, and 3
6. Devil May Cry 1 and 3 (don't waste your time on 2)
7. Jak and Daxter series
8. Ratchet and Clank series
9. Sly Cooper 1, 2 and 3
10. Silent Hill 2 and 3
11. Tomba Collection"

My personal list, but feel free to shuffle around.

Off the top of my head:
Prince of Persia Sands of Time Trilogy (SoT, WW, TTT)
Team ICO Collection (Ico, and SotC)
Metal Gear Solid Collection (MGS1, 2, 3)
Devil May Cry Collection (DMC1, 2, 3)
Clover Collection (Okami, GodHand)
Viewtiful Joe Collection (VJ1&2)
Hitman Collection (2, Contracts, Blood Money)
Shin Megami Tensei Collection (Nocturne, Persona 3/4, and something else?)
Final Fantasy Collection (X, X-2, XII)
GTA Trilogy (III, VC, SA)
Non-GTA R* Collection (Manhunt, Bully)

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
The two GoW PSP games brushed up and ported to PS3. Do eeeeet, Sony.

And FF XII, Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill 1-4 and Tombi 1 and 2 in HD.

Withnail

A lot of the suggestions in this thread are not even Sony games. Sly Cooper is a good call though, besides the obvious Ico/SOTC.

Mikey Jr.

Ohh shit, maybe the link works. Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules.

Please dont quote me just in case.

Lets stick with Ico collection at the top guys, ok?

Joei

I wouldn't mind a Final Fantasy Collection with X, X-2, and 12, but it's not something I would really be all gungho about, now a Team Ico collection... yeah... definitely want some of that.

the chris

I would really enjoy a Shin Megami Tensei collection with the following games:

Collection One:
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Persona 3 Fes
Persona 4

Collection Two:
Digital Devil Saga Vol 1 & 2
Devil Survivor 1 & 2

MDSLKTR

It's probably for the sony related titles. Jak, gran turismo, sly copper, socom and ratchet are the obvious answers.

androvsky

Hmmm...

Sakura Wars 1, 3 and 5
Final Fantasy X & XII
Persona 3 & 4
Digital Devil Saga 1, 2 and Nocturne
Zone of Enders 1 & 2
Ar Tonelico 1 & 2 (would need some new sprites, badly, but think of the music in DTS)

And yes, I know that except for the FF games, everything I mentioned is too niche to wind up in a collection. That's why I'm slightly annoyed with what Sony's doing, but it's better than nothing, I guess. :/ Really wish they'd come out with the HD PS2 emulator they were promising way back when...

edit:
It's probably for the sony related titles. Jak, gran turismo, sly copper, socom and ratchet are the obvious answers.
Probably. But if the survey doesn't say it, and the original publishers are willing to work with Sony to make a few quick bucks, it might not be a big problem.

Bully needs a release on the PS3. Seriously. Give that game another chance.
I don't know what it could be bundled with. Manhunt?

Erigu

1) Ico / Wander and the Colossus
2) Siren / Siren 2

There would be a bunch of other titles, but they're not Sony games, so I don't know...?

215539049_mQPCz-L-2.jpg

ZOE2 or bust.

TripOpt55

I'd love to see the Jak trilogy get a PS3 collection. Jak X could be thrown in too, but that's probably a bit much. That's the collection I'd want the most.

Yoshi256

Banned
I'd love to see backwards compatibility but these HD collections seems to be a lot more profitable for Sony. :D

A GTA Collection (GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas) would be awesome.

Sly Racoon please.

Never played them, and even second hand buying all three for PS2 now would cost me more than a brand new game. Not sure I want to do that.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Foliorum Viridum said:
Sly Racoon please.

Never played them, and even second hand buying all three for PS2 now would cost me more than a brand new game. Not sure I want to do that.

You can get Sly 1 for like $5 or less, it's so worth it.

Top Bottom