• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Just got my second shot of the PFE vaccine. Ask me anything

Mar 23, 2013
Got my 1st dose on 12/22/2020 and just got my second dose 1/12/2021 at 6:35pm eastern standard time.

felt fine after the first shot, other than a sore arm for a few days. More sore than any other vaccine I’ve gotten that I remember.
Feel fine so far after the second shot.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Boss Blue Balls
Feb 3, 2018
USA
How did you get yours early? Was it free? Do you have any fears of a future side effect?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
Got my 1st dose on 12/22/2020 and just got my second dose 1/12/2021 at 6:35pm eastern standard time.

felt fine after the first shot, other than a sore arm for a few days. More sore than any other vaccine I’ve gotten that I remember.
You'll likely feel it tomorrow. We all felt fine after the first shot, but multiple people at work got more side effects the second shot.

I felt body aches all day like I had a cold, then it was gone. Same thing with my girlfriend. My boss had a 102 fever for 2 days. After day 2 I was totally fine, and honestly it wasn't that huge of a deal. I just watched TV all day.

ZippyTheOtter

Aug 29, 2020

Batiman

Danger: male feminist
Feb 11, 2020
Did they give you a lollipop afterwards?

Turns out I’m not even sure if I can get one. My mother told me last week that I apparently have like none of my shots... When I was a kid I had a serious reaction to one of them and almost died or something. This news pisses me off because I was down to get one when easily available. Now I’m worried it’s gonna be a hassle to do anything without a vaccine certificate in the future on top of the fact I might catch the virus when I’m older

• Empathy
Reactions: Punished Miku

TrainedRage

Boss Blue Balls
Feb 3, 2018
USA
You know what I just remembered? In order to be on welfare, if you have kids in school they MUST be immunized. Kinda weird... I get it but still weird.

TheContact

Gold Member
Jan 22, 2016
My work is distributing them. I’ll have mine completed hopefully in early February. I’ve heard people say take the next day off of work and others reporting symptoms similar to a flu shot.

Mar 23, 2013
Do you get any paperwork that proves you have been vaccinated?

Yeah. I had to fill out my legal gender and gender identification on the paperwork.

Because New York cares more about virtue signaling than getting the vaccine out to those who really need it.

As if gender identification is an actual statistic researchers are tracking in regards to negative reactions.

Can you imagine a statistic: 15% of those who identify as male but were legally born female, had negative reactions.

The solution: "We recommend those who identify as male changing their identity to female 5 minutes before getting the vaccine to avoid any potential side effects, then changing your identify back to male 5 minutes after receiving the shot, just to be on the safe side."

Party of science my ass.

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
Do you have an unexplained desire now to buy Microsoft products and or donate the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation!?

tillbot8

Aug 4, 2020
Feel more comfortable now, like a weight lifted, or just like any other vaccine where it's just eh not thought about again?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2013
Feel more comfortable now, like a weight lifted, or just like any other vaccine where it's just eh not thought about again?

Honestly makes no difference to me because we still have to wear masks

basically am forced to pretend i'm not immunized.

though small weight actually lifted now that I know I won't be inadvertently giving it to my parents.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Jan 24, 2015

Are you running laps at 60mph telling people "on your left" as you pass them yet?

tillbot8

Aug 4, 2020

though small weight actually lifted now that I know I won't be inadvertently giving it to my parents.
Could be totally wrong but I thought it is still possible to pass it even if you are vaccinated/immune from its effects?

Hope I'm wrong?

Reactions: Celcius

ManofOne

Plus Member
Nov 4, 2020

Seriously no headaches, no fever, etc.

You feel normal, how are older ppl reacting to it?

Mar 23, 2013
Seriously no headaches, no fever, etc.

You feel normal, how are older ppl reacting to it?

Absolutely nothing.

Not sure to be honest. I've heard of some people getting fevers, body aches, etc but it was all second hand information.

Most people have said they just felt tired afterwards.

Reactions: ManofOne

Celcius

Mar 11, 2009

ManofOne

Plus Member
Nov 4, 2020
Absolutely nothing.

Not sure to be honest. I've heard of some people getting fevers, body aches, etc but it was all second hand information.

Most people have said they just felt tired afterwards.

This was the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine?

Mar 23, 2013

Second, the vaccine has not yet been shown to reduce transmission of the virus.

So it's just not known whether it prevents transmission or not. There's no evidence one way or the other.

What vaccine in the past has prevented infection but not transmission?

Surely there must be a historical basis for thinking transmission may still be possible.

Prior to COVID, if we signed a declination form for the influenza vaccine, you're required to wear a mask at all times in the hospital. If you receive the vaccine however, you do not have to wear a mask.

So the flu shot, likely the most administered vaccine in the world, prevents transmission.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Dacon
Mar 23, 2013
Want my parents to get the one elder ppl respond the best too.....sorry about the questions.

I would go with Pfizer. American company with a long track record. I own shares in the company and probably will forever.

Honestly, never heard of Moderna before the pandemic started. Not sure what other drugs they have gotten approved before .

Though both vaccines have the same mechanism of action so you probably can't go wrong with either one.