• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Mafia |OT| Sometimes You Don't Need A Reason to Lynch Your Friends

franconp

I reread Dusk's post and found some post that seem relevant:

This is Dusk saying that he doesn't think scum could have a roleblocker or Blarg wouldn't be alive:

I think these are two astute observations.

Scum did have a switcher which could've been how they were supposed to get around the doctor role.

Also could've used that to mess with investigators.

Really good thing we got Cewyn when we did.

Melon claimed roleblocker, could Dusk tried to make her claim easier? Or maybe he made some excuse for Blarg still being alive?

On day 3 he goes after Rac after he claimed neutral:

My opinion on the 3 major wagons is that nobody that claims neutral *cough*cough*rac*cough*cough* should be allowed to remain the rest of the day.

He is either scum trying to shake pressure, or a neutral who needs one more day to fulfill his win condition ( and screw town over in the process)

If rac & I survive tonight I'm going to quote this post next day phase as an I told you so.

Everyone needs to shift their vote to the obvious scum.

As for the other three...

Launchpad is probably scum, but i think rac is the safer lynch.

Weemad is already doused so it'd be a waste of a lynch.

Kark is most likely a bored vanilla town, and i don't want today to be a repeat of Zubz-gate.

We know that at that point Wee was doused and that they were looking for the arsonist. I'm still not sure how this make me feel about Rac as I don't know if Dusk really believed that Rac was saying the truth and he went after him or Rac was lying to try to bait the real arsonist to go after him. The first raises some doubts as noone else went after Rac that day and Wee keep her vote on Kark.

This is day 4:

Maybe melon? Don't think she's popped in yet.

If it was LP, that means we won't be told if players are doused when flipped.

Dusk was the doused one that day. He decided to keep to himself that he was doused. Maybe another bait for the arsonist? He voted Acohrs. Wee keept her vote on Kitsune and tried to change it after the time was done (luckily for us she failed).

Kalor

Dusk going "I don't think scum have a roleblocker" seems like something scum would say to try to push suspicion away from melon if they ever had to claim. If I was scum that's something I could see myself doing.

I must have missed that rac post when I was looking through. I'm not sure what he was trying to do with that.

franconp

Looking at Wee posts now:

D1 and D2 there isn't much. In fact there isn't much at all. As I thought Wee was doing the same thing I did in Gafia 3: Just keep tunneling on people. Wee talked mostly about Acorhs D1 and D2 and about Kark D3. I asked her about the tunneling:

Fran, I dunno what you want from me.

I said earlier that your "catch" of zubz was unconvincing. I said Blarg would absolutely make up roles and stuff to help someone he thought was town.

Now zubz is claiming a particular power role that's oh-so-important instead of just hinting that he has a power role that's oh-so-important, and Blarg is kinda sorta admitting that he made up everything.

I didn't think you were scum, but I did think you were tunneling on the wrong person. So I am scum hunting the people you've abandoned while you stare endlessly into the Blarg abyss. I still haven't seen anything to move Achoo up from "blending scum" into even a null position on my list.

Or maybe you've caught the whole scum team on day two - zubz, blarg, and wee, and we all just openly support each other without any attempt at ... Subtlety.

I don't believe any of the many claims blarg has made, but he is making me laugh, so he makes me happy. XD

Here she avoided the whole Blarg - Zubz subject.

Beside this point she began to defend Blarg. She spoted the true claim:

People, this is what a real Blargonaut claim looks like.
All that other stuff he says is noise.

Voting for Blarg at this point is idiotic. He typed in bits of Zubz' role name before Zubz did, and Zubz wasn't a mason/lover. How do you think Blarg knew it then?

That claim seems weird. Also she was sure that they weren't lovers.

Keep defending Blarg against his lynch:

I like to subscribe to the "lynch all liars" theory.
Right up until they show proof of their powers. Blarg stated Zubz' role name ahead of zubz doing it.

Now if you're trying to argue that the role cop is actually scum, put some evidence out there. Blarg laid himself on the line only when town refused to accept his support of zubz, a good and valuable town power role. When it became clear that the lie wasn't working to protect z, blarg told the truth. This just isn't what i see as scummy behavior.

However, trying to get town to lynch its role cop DOES look like scummy behavior. Again, welcome to my scum list.

But after that admits that we don't know the aligment and that he can be scum:

Agreed. Alignment pending.

However, I don't see him supporting zubz as a mafia role cop over a town role cop, so....i'm not voting blarg today.

If that was all I would say that Blarg was their scum partnert and Wee was defending him. But then we have the next exchange:

Blarg, I hear you....but I don't "get" how the play makes any sense for town as some kind of disguise. It makes more sense as neutral. I've seen Kark gambit as a town power role, and he didn't hang around doing nothing and interfering in other people's scum hunts when he did it. He just did his own scum hunting.

If you believe this, why kill Karkador?

Le's say you weren't Doused. Then who would you eliminate Today?

Today my interactions with launchpad made me feel better about him. I pushed him a bit, he responded reasonably, he acknowledges the plays on D1 and D2 that made him look bad.

I would vote Achoo. Nothing he has done today has improved my view of him.

I'm not thrilled with rac attacking a cop role and then half claiming neutral. That's some new crap on this page.

Blarg calling out Wee looks genuine. Also Wee going after Rac makes me feel better about him (just a little).

More Blarg and Wee:

Role-claim?

Me?
Why is it beneficial at this point please?

I dunno, what've you got to lose?

VOTE: weemadarthur

It's not about me, Blarg, it's about town. I personally have nothing to lose.

This still makes me feel good about Blarg. If he was his scum partnert he wouldn't have pressured her to claim.

Here Wee talks again about Rac:

I popped in to read the thread, between dealing with various personal thingies.

How's the scum hunting going?

.....I see.

Well, maybe we can finally ask rac what possessed him to end a day 12 hours early when a new role claim had just happened?

Fat4all, any contributions? Or just more incorrect renditions of Clue? I hate the fact that you have it all backwards and inside out. It makes me irritated so much. Flames. Flames. On the side of my face. Breathing. Breath-ing. Heaving breaths.

That's all I could find relevant from Wee posts.

This exchange seems weird too:

please do check dusk though blarg 😄

No, I don't work on commission

3 theories:

1- Blarg didn't wanted to check Dusk as he would have to reveal that he was scum.
2- Rac pressured Blarg to check Dusk so he would use his Vanillaizer on himself and be cleared by Blarg
3- Blarg was really out of shoots at that point.

Melonrabbit (1)
CornBurrito (2293)

Day Ends:
bla_1500325200.png

Majority is 4

franconp

Also Wee went after Kark day 3 because she thought that he was the arsonist but never went after Rac day 4 after that claim.

I would need more info:

Rac why did you claimed neutral?

rac

Banned
Also Wee went after Kark day 3 because she thought that he was the arsonist but never went after Rac day 4 after that claim.

I would need more info:

Rac why did you claimed neutral?

just wanna post my "claim" for clarity's sake

i get that people think kark is neutral but hear me out

what if i was the neutral

not 100% a claim obviously and when questioned by corn i immediately backed down

but the "claim" was to try and help kark out, which i explained yesterday

franconp

Let me ask you some questions then:

- Question 1:

You said that you wanted to help Kark but you voted for him D1:

Vote: Karkador

And then you voted No Lynch:

Vote: No Lynch

And decided to follow Kark:

im going along with kark for now

not afraid of killing townies, but it's no real loss if no lynch wins the day

if we lynch today like fat says it should be someone that's not active since scum will hit someone who is active anyways

And then voted for Kark again D2:

fuck it imma little drunk right now but w/e

Vote: Karkador

everything just feels too perfect ya know

Then you don't like the Kark vote D3:

rough couple of days

don't like the kark vote still

and if blarg hasn't spoken about who he checked could he just be protecting that person?

So you decide to help him:

i get that people think kark is neutral but hear me out

what if i was the neutral

But not much:

Are you claiming arsonist?

i never claimed neutral

And here you explained your votes:

so people think im scum so imma explain myself a bit

day 1: voted with kark since i town read them

day 2: final vote on zubz, was getting frustrated and the day was going nowhere at all zubz was going to get voted out regardless

day 3: kark was getting voted on because people were saying they were arsonist, i was not present this day i tried to help out as much as i could, semi-claimed neutral voted wee, i then chained my vote to dusk someone i actually thought was scum

turns out im driving the big bus

So why you keep changing your reads regarding Kark? Because you voted for him a couple of times. Also you backed down of that claim really quick. Also you denied being the arsonist a few minutes after the claim. So there wasn't much help for Kark there really.

-Question 2:

Vote: Weemadarthur

Vote: Dusk Soldier

You had a voted on Wee but later decided to change your vote for Dusk when Wee tied Kark in the lead. If you tried to protect Kark, Why didn't you kept your vote on Wee? Why vote Dusk when there was no way that he was getting lynched D3?

-Question 3

On day 4 you had an exchange with Dusk:

hmmm

i thought when kark flipped town you were going after wee

Can you point when this happened? Or you can't because it was in the scum chat?

Also I want to point out this post:

so yesterday you were ok with keeping you're vote on me?

while a player you thought was vanilla gets voted outed of the game

because lynching a player marked for death is a waiste?

Here you are calling Dusk out for voting you letting Kark be voted out of the game, but you did the same.

At your favour Fat looked at you and didn't find an action:

I'm a Motion Detector.

I can target anyone at night and see if anyone used and ability by or on them. I cannot tell the difference between those two things (aka, dunno if who I targeted used an ability, or if something was used on them).

Likewise, I can't tell what ability was used, or who it was used by, or any of that good stuff. I'm just either given a yes or no if there was 'movement' or not.

N1 - heymonkey - there was movement
N2 - N/A - (I was on the road and forgot to use my ability N2)
N3 - rac - no movement
N4 - melonrabbit - No Info (I was specifically told there was no reading, which is odd)

But that doesn't mean that you are town. If scum were clever they would have let Wee did all the kills as she was already in a lot of trouble being doused. So that means that you could be either a goon or have a passive ability.

rac

Banned
1st vote - i wanted to see if he would switch off of no lynch

2nd vote - he was the third option of who to vote other than zubz and blarg

wee and dusk vote - i wasn't sure if wee was scum but i was confident dusk was so i put my vote on them and stuck it there for 2 days.

i thought i read a post from dusk saying if kark flips town they are going after wee next, must've been someone - why would that be in a scum chat?

i wasn't expecting corn to call my bluff so soon honestly, and i wasn't going to trade me for kark so the claim couldnt have gone on for long

franconp

1st vote - i wanted to see if he would switch off of no lynch

2nd vote - he was the third option of who to vote other than zubz and blarg

wee and dusk vote - i wasn't sure if wee was scum but i was confident dusk was so i put my vote on them and stuck it there for 2 days.

i thought i read a post from dusk saying if kark flips town they are going after wee next, must've been someone - why would that be in a scum chat?

i wasn't expecting corn to call my bluff so soon honestly, and i wasn't going to trade me for kark so the claim couldnt have gone on for long

This doesn't explain much. It also doesn't explain the contradictions.

For someone that want to save Kark so much that you expose yourself claiming neutral you conveniently changed your vote out of Wee (and puting Kark in the lead) for someone who didn't had any heat at all.

Vote: Rac

rac

Banned
contradictions?

convenient?

what i find convenient is how you are now chasing me instead of going after the ones who wanted to get a mass role claim

now the only tool we had of finding the last scum is dead and you are now on another witch hunt

rac

Banned
lets not forget that the only mafia town has caught was based off of a false lead

if im scum my reasoning for voting for dusk on two consecutive days is to bus him?

lot of good thats done me

franconp

contradictions?

convenient?

what i find convenient is how you are now chasing me instead of going after the ones who wanted to get a mass role claim

now the only tool we had of finding the last scum is dead and you are now on another witch hunt

Why would I go after the ones who wanted a mass role claim? There's no lead to make me think that they are scum. Also Fat wasn't pressured to roleclaim. He said that he would do it because he had weird results:

So, the theory I alluded to yesterday is pretty clear. This game is full of Watcher-variants and roles that directly effect the results of those Watcher-variants.

It's probably best that I roleclaim now, as I have some strange findings.

This is quite simple. We had 2 votes that matter right now: D1 and D3. In both votes we know that one of the leaders was scum.

Your vote jumping from one scum member who was in the lead to another who had no votes is really convenient. And you say that you wanted to protect Kark but that doesn't reflect on the votes. You even put him in the sole lead with your vote.

rac

Banned
yes lets look at the votes, than we can go back in time and lynch fat and LP too

lets see as scum im gonna throw out the possibility that im a neutral, makes sense

convenient, hmm
why not bring the fact that i "claimed" neutral up back when it happened instead of keeping it in your back pocket this whole time

hey fran, is it you that saw that cewyn was gonna be replaced in scum chat this whole time?

franconp

yes lets look at the votes, than we can go back in time and lynch fat and LP too
Explain this because I don't understand it.

lets see as scum im gonna throw out the possibility that im a neutral, makes sense

It is if you were fishing a reaction from the true neutral.

convenient, hmm
why not bring the fact that i "claimed" neutral up back when it happened instead of keeping it in your back pocket this whole time

Because I wasn't around. Also I didn't suspected about you until you asked Blarg to investigate Dusk. Then I decided to reread all your posts.

hey fran, is it you that saw that cewyn was gonna be replaced in scum chat this whole time?

This would be a good OMGUS if it weren't for a little matter: Blarg already cleared me.

franconp

speaking of blarg he also changed his vote off of wee after i did

and we both voted no Lynch day 1

you gonna vote for them next fran

I was actually thinking that I may.

But the timming of your vote was better. Also your claim that you wanted to save Kark but ended up screwing him. That brings a lot of doubts about you.

rac

Banned
Because I wasn't around. Also I didn't suspected about you until you asked Blarg to investigate Dusk. Then I decided to reread all your posts.

This would be a good OMGUS if it weren't for a little matter: Blarg already cleared me.

blarg said he was going to check dusk i just seconded it

also tell me why i should still trust blarg in a game where fat gets killed the night after he claims

franconp

blarg said he was going to check dusk i just seconded it

also tell me why i should still trust blarg in a game where fat gets killed the night after he claims

please do check dusk though blarg 😄

Blarg said that he would check him if he didn't changed his vote. You asked him to check him anyway. And we know that Dusk's role would help him against a role cop.

fine

melon what were you doing N1 and N2?

N1 I might understand your refraining from using your limited Roleblock due to the earliness at that time, but during N2 after THAT D2? After that D2 Zubz flip and ME, why didn't you use a shot on me during N2?

Fat's results:
"N1 - heymonkey - there was movement
N2 - N/A - (I was on the road and forgot to use my ability N2)
N3 - rac - no movement
N4 - melonrabbit - No Info (I was specifically told there was no reading, which is odd)
"

According to Fat, Vanilla!rac apparently did nothing N3, the Night Lone-Prodigy the Bodyguard died. Fits in with his Vanilla claim.

melon claimed she Roleblocked me during N3 (then Fat N4); I was out of shots by then (N1: Zubz, N2: franconp) so I dunno.

During N3; the scum!Ninja (weemad) and the scum!Vanillaizer (Dusk Soldier) were still alive.

oh nice

another reason to disbelieve blarg's check on you

sigh

My own Role's veracity is spoken for by the Zubz incident, franconp's concurrence with my Investigation of him AND Lone_Prodigy the Bodyguard's death MOST LIKELY from Protecting me from scum's attack, speaking for my Town Alignment. What are the odds of scum singularly targeting an off-duty Bodyguard with their NK AFTER the Role Cop revealed themselves? Nigh-unpossible, LP died Protecting someone and that likely someone had to be me. Despite how circumstantial this is, it very much leans towards me being Town. And btw, I don't care if franc's as bitter as he pleases for my underbusthrowing of him as "the Doctor" ; anti-scum WIFOM is what it is, "friend". The scum!Vanillaizer's handiwork is still MIA and I, for one, am keeping you, franc, in mind. Haven't forgotten what you did to Zubz, and the potential timing for Dusk Vanillaizing you post-your-Zubz-tunnel was very, very convenient against revealed me

/paste

Corn and I can attest to the veracity of NeckToChicken's Gossip Role and him being Town-aligned. Could he be a Mafia Gossip? ...Not likely, because scum had a Switcher (Cewyn) which as an anti-Power Power being anti-Gossip neatly falls within the raison d'evil purview despite being on the tentative outskirts of it.

/paste

rac

Banned
dusk soldier (0)
acohrs 67 (403)

no lynch (3)
karkador 75
blargonaut 106 (225)
blargonaut 253
rac 549
zubz 641 (730)
nin1000 666 (675)

necktochicken (0)
melonrabbit 80 (215)

karkador (1)
zubz 81 (114)
isaacnukem 104
blargonaut 225 (253)
rac 378 (549)

launchpadmcq (2)
cornburrito 96
nin1000 675 (726)
melonrabbit 708

blargonaut (0)
zubz 114 (441)

kitsunelaine (0)
weemadarthur 141 (445)

fat4all (0)
fat4all 183 (183)

weemadarthur (0)
kitsunelaine 184 (464)

franconp (1)
kalor 198 (603)
dusk soldier 283
zubz 591 (635)
acohrs 685 (721)

cornburrito (1)
lone_prodigy 279
hey_monkey 696 (719)

lone_prodigy (0)
hey_monkey 395 (696)
nin1000 514 (666)

cewyn (7)
zubz 441 (591)
necktochicken 592
fat4all 644
franconp 653
hey_monkey 719
acohrs 721
nin1000 726
zubz 730

zubz (3)
weemadarthur 445 (582)
kitsunelaine 464
franconp 566 (653)
kalor 603
launchpadmcq 660

rac (0)
acohrs 573 (685)

acohrs (1)
weemadarthur 582

no lynch (0)
karkador 749
blargonaut 850

zubz (10)
franconp 765
kitsunelaine 821
launchpadmcq 835
isaacnukem 839
Karkador (930)
DuskSoldier (965)
Blargonaut (982)
CornBurrito (1129)
Kalor (1225)
Melonrabbit (1250)
Acohrs (1274)
Rac (1278)

franconp (0)
zubz 796
Blargonaut (1005)

Blargonaut (2)
achors (859)
Kalor (1116)
Hey_Monkey (1119)
Lone_Prodigy (1131)
NeckToChicken (1192)

Acohrs (2)
weemadarthur (943)
Blargonaut (1264)

Karkador (1)
Blargonaut (1058)
Zubz (1088)
Rac (1140)

Weemadarthur (1)
CornBurrito (1808)
Isaacnukem (1853)
Blargonaut (1934)
Acohrs (1944)

CornBurrito (1)
Kalor (1815)
Blargonaut (1949)

Dusk Soldier (1)
Rac (1890)

LaunchpadMcQ (0)
Franconp (1908)
Blargonaut (1909)
Kitsunelaine (1918)

Acohrs (5)
Blargonaut (1922)
Fat4all (1924)
Kitsunelaine (1927)
Dusk Soldier (1936)
Blargonaut (1956)
NeckToChicken (1969)

Kitsunelaine (5)
Franconp (1932)
Melonrabbit (1935)
Weemadarthur (1953)
Kalor (1955)
Acohrs (1983)

lets see if that worked

rac

Banned
sigh

My own Role's veracity is spoken for by the Zubz incident, franconp's concurrence with my Investigation of him AND Lone_Prodigy the Bodyguard's death MOST LIKELY from Protecting me from scum's attack, speaking for my Town Alignment. What are the odds of scum singularly targeting an off-duty Bodyguard with their NK AFTER the Role Cop revealed themselves? Nigh-unpossible, LP died Protecting someone and that likely someone had to be me. Despite how circumstantial this is, it very much leans towards me being Town. And btw, I don't care if franc's as bitter as he pleases for my underbusthrowing of him as "the Doctor" ; anti-scum WIFOM is what it is, "friend". The scum!Vanillaizer's handiwork is still MIA and I, for one, am keeping you, franc, in mind. Haven't forgotten what you did to Zubz, and the potential timing for Dusk Vanillaizing you post-your-Zubz-tunnel was very, very convenient against revealed me

/paste

but why would scum let you get the second check off before going after you?

the bodyguard dying lets you paint a pretty narrative

my guess the bodyguard was meant for one of the watchers so that something of value could have actually come out of it

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
There's the off chance scum were going after the arsonist night 3 since Wee was doused by then. LP could've been an arsonist hunt pick.

I wonder if LP guessed there might be no doctor because of his role? I don't think there's any way to glean that though.

rac

Banned
so a question for fran

i "claim" neutral and tell blarg to through with his dusk check

but we only have one shot vanilla

tenor.gif

franconp

so a question for fran

i "claim" neutral and tell blarg to through with his dusk check

but we only have one shot vanilla

tenor.gif

So? Where is the question?

You ask Blarg to check Dusk, Dusk use his shot on himself, he is checked as vanilla by Blarg, then NK Blarg and Dusk is a confirmed townie.

Is that clear enough or do I need to make a graphic? I can use puppets too.

rac

Banned
So? Where is the question?

You ask Blarg to check Dusk, Dusk use his shot on himself, he is checked as vanilla by Blarg, then NK Blarg and Dusk is a confirmed townie.

Is that clear enough or do I need to make a graphic? I can use puppets too.
me claiming doesn't really fit your scenario

since i am also at risk of being checked, do you think scum team is gonna take that 50/50?

or better yet if im scum i kill blarg because then no one gets checked

franconp

me claiming doesn't really fit your scenario

since i am also at risk of being checked, do you think scum team is gonna take that 50/50?

or better yet if im scum i kill blarg because then no one gets checked

That's actually the night when LP died. So maybe you actually tried to kill Blarg.

And it's an actual good chance. You could have a confirmed townie. That's a lot for scum.

rac

Banned
That's actually the night when LP died. So maybe you actually tried to kill Blarg.

And it's an actual good chance. You could have a confirmed townie. That's a lot for scum.

bait blarg into checking dusk just so we can try to kill him the same night

thus making the one shot vanilla useless

this really isn't adding up

franconp

bait blarg into checking dusk just so we can try to kill him the same night

thus making the one shot vanilla useless

this really isn't adding up

They are not parte of the same plan.

Blarg said that he wouldn't check Dusk. So maybe you decided to kill him instead.

rac

Banned
They are not parte of the same plan.

Blarg said that he wouldn't check Dusk. So maybe you decided to kill him instead.
so im scum because im setting up conflicting plans on day 3

at this point neither i or dusk have any heat on us at all but sure lemme just blow that up

franconp

so im scum because im setting up conflicting plans on day 3

at this point neither i or dusk have any heat on us at all but sure lemme just blow that up

But Wee had. And you jumped out of that vote and put Kark in the lead. Even when you trusted him and made a claim to help him.

rac

Banned
But Wee had. And you jumped out of that vote and put Kark in the lead. Even when you trusted him and made a claim to help him.
my claim did effectively nothing to help kark and he lost by multiple votes

at some point i had to just let it go and go after my top scum, after all i may not have another chance

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Chickenneck, think you need a bit of occams razor in that theory

There are two scum working off one another There is one scum fighting for their life.

Scum Blarg is covering for scum franconp Blarg checked franconp and got vanilla back.

LP died as an arsonist target. LP died using his ability on either Blarg or franconp, who was targeted by scum that night.

Melon blocked Fat to stop the arsonist and save scum Melon blocked Fat to stop the arsonist because townies would die.

rac didn't move night 3 because he had another mafia doing the night kill rac didn't move night 3 because he is vanilla.

Corn has been bussing scum all game because he's scum himself Corn has been hunting scum all game, and has guessed correctly.

Snake? Snake!? ...Kalor?

Kalor, I have a Blarg-style question for you. What is the scummiest single post/vote you've done all game?

Top Bottom