• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice Department preparing for Mueller report as early as next week

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/politics/special-counsel-conclusion-announcement/index.html

Attorney General Bill Barr is preparing to announce as early as next week the completion of Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, with plans for Barr to submit to Congress soon after a summary of Mueller's confidential report, according to people familiar with the plans.
The preparations are the clearest indication yet that Mueller is nearly done with his almost two-year investigation.
The precise timing of the announcement is subject to change.
The scope and contours of what Barr will send to Congress remain unclear. Also unclear is how long it will take Justice officials to prepare what will be submitted to lawmakers.
But with President Donald Trump soon to travel overseas for a summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, Justice officials are mindful of not interfering with the White House's diplomatic efforts, which could impact the timing.

The Justice Department and the special counsel's office declined to comment.

May 22, 2018
This is gonna be a ride. Mueller already surpassed my expectations. Everything else is just icing on the cake for me at this point.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
And I've already seen comments that Barr is a criminal who is now interfering with an investigation to cover for Trump.

Can't wait for more official information to come out.

Zangiefy360

Cross Forum Drama ..........Queen
Aug 30, 2018
The media is already setting expectations that it'll be a Nothingburger. Looking forward to the mental gymnastics of those that are praying for a Mueller Miracle, when the report is a dud.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
This is gonna be a ride. Mueller already surpassed my expectations. Everything else is just icing on the cake for me at this point.
Talk about low expectations.

So when it was announced your hope was that a bunch of Trump underlings would get some slap on the wrist sentances for crimes unrelated to collusion? Lets also remember most of the guys Mueller got were not new on the scene, why did it take so long for someone to get them for their crimes from years ago?

If Mueller not getting anywhere close to Trump and having as of now 0 evidence proving any collusion then that tells me you didn't care at all to find that Trump colluded with Russia and are happy that this was effectivly used as a propaganda smear against the acting president.

danielberg

Neophyte
Jun 20, 2018
Who knows what will happen, it will be a shit show no matter what.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
Talk about low expectations.

So when it was announced your hope was that a bunch of Trump underlings would get some slap on the wrist sentances for crimes unrelated to collusion? Lets also remember most of the guys Mueller got were not new on the scene, why did it take so long for someone to get them for their crimes from years ago?

If Mueller not getting anywhere close to Trump and having as of now 0 evidence proving any collusion then that tells me you didn't care at all to find that Trump colluded with Russia and are happy that this was effectivly used as a propaganda smear against the acting president.
No. I just knew the likelihood of Mueller finding some magic bullet (pardon my phrasing) to take down Trump was always extremely unlikely regardless of what Trump was guilty of or not. But I knew what the investigation could do is make sure that the world know that Trump surrounded himself with crooks and con men. And he did exactly that. Not only that, but he showed just how bad it was. It wasn't just one or two people that Mueller found. Its was several. One of them being Trumps own personal lawyer that he had been around for years.

I just wanted it to be known that Trump surrounded himself with bad people and Mueller has shown that to be true regardless of how Trumpers wanna try and spin it. Thats all I really expected. Anything else on top of that is just icing on the cake. And the information from his investigation will be used as prime ammunition against Trump for the foreseeable future. I see that as a win regardless of whether he found something bad enough to impeach Trump.

Impeaching Trump was never my goal. It wasn't even a realistic goal given the circumstances in Congress. And even if it happened we would have gotten Pence. Which in alot of ways is worse than Trump himself in my opinion. The goal to me was to cast a deserved shadow over his administration and make it next to impossible for Trump to get his agenda done quietly. I wanted a spotlight on everything he did. Good and bad. I wanted the press all over it every step of the way. Which was a partial success in my eyes. He passed alot of his minor agenda, but he missed out alot of his other major goals thankfully. I have no idea if the Mueller investigation hanging over him and his administration played any part in that, but it certainly didn't hurt.

So all in all? Yes I consider Mueller's investigation a success. He investigated the possible collusion and discovered various crimes along the way. If he had gone this whole time and found nothing then yes you would be right. But he found plenty as far as I am concerned. And since everything he found reflects negatively on Trump regardless of whether his supporters want to admit it or not is also a bonus.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
The goal to me was to cast a deserved shadow over his administration
the entire media has been "showing how corrupt" Trump is every day for 2 years now. people have been calling him racist and a Nazi sympathizer for years, calling him a fraud, a crooked businessman, etc. mainstream media is entirely obsessed with this for 24 hours a day, not sure why we need more of that. ffs "Trump is evil" was more or less the entire message of the Clinton campaign.

i don't see Mueller spending all his time trying to nail the most corrupt, sloppy, idiotic person ever, and failing, helps that. if anything, it hurts it. it "gives ammo" to the people that are already saying Trump is bad but tbh it's ammo they already are using and these are the people that are already convinced of his guilt. to anyone else? FBI superman has been combing through his files for years and he got away w it. he may not be as crooked as they say.

Last edited:

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
But I knew what the investigation could do is make sure that the world know that Trump surrounded himself with crooks and con men.
You mean Manafort and Gates, both of whom are heavily connected to recent administrations?

What a big win. Mueller just finished the old investigation on Manafort. I bet that took a lot of work.

Nov 23, 2010
The sad thing about the whole ordeal is that some folks are already starting new conspiracy theories.

They are not going to accept the Mueller report if it doesn't arrive at the conclusion they had in mind before it began.

The whole point was to delegitimize Pres. Trump and hurl innuendo about who he works for. People are going to lash out if the fishing expedition doesn't deliver the goods.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
No. I just knew the likelihood of Mueller finding some magic bullet (pardon my phrasing) to take down Trump was always extremely unlikely regardless of what Trump was guilty of or not. But I knew what the investigation could do is make sure that the world know that Trump surrounded himself with crooks and con men. And he did exactly that. Not only that, but he showed just how bad it was. It wasn't just one or two people that Mueller found. Its was several. One of them being Trumps own personal lawyer that he had been around for years.

I just wanted it to be known that Trump surrounded himself with bad people and Mueller has shown that to be true regardless of how Trumpers wanna try and spin it. Thats all I really expected. Anything else on top of that is just icing on the cake. And the information from his investigation will be used as prime ammunition against Trump for the foreseeable future. I see that as a win regardless of whether he found something bad enough to impeach Trump.

Impeaching Trump was never my goal. It wasn't even a realistic goal given the circumstances in Congress. And even if it happened we would have gotten Pence. Which in alot of ways is worse than Trump himself in my opinion. The goal to me was to cast a deserved shadow over his administration and make it next to impossible for Trump to get his agenda done quietly. I wanted a spotlight on everything he did. Good and bad. I wanted the press all over it every step of the way. Which was a partial success in my eyes. He passed alot of his minor agenda, but he missed out alot of his other major goals thankfully. I have no idea if the Mueller investigation hanging over him and his administration played any part in that, but it certainly didn't hurt.

So all in all? Yes I consider Mueller's investigation a success. He investigated the possible collusion and discovered various crimes along the way. If he had gone this whole time and found nothing then yes you would be right. But he found plenty as far as I am concerned. And since everything he found reflects negatively on Trump regardless of whether his supporters want to admit it or not is also a bonus.
So a giant investigation with a huge budget to nail some old white guys on old crimes and Trumps lawyer OK then.

So when a Democrat gets in office next time lets set up a 2 year 10's of Billion dollar investigation to investigate every one they surround themselves with to see if any old crimes can be dug up. Since Manafort and Gates worked with other admnistaration and have been in the game for a long time I bet it won't be hard to dig up dirt or find old tax/bank cheating from who ever the Dems surrond themselves with.

Well at least you admit that you just wanted this investigation to be a witch hunt to throw dirt on Trump and don't give an F about actual collusion with Russia, you know the entire point of the investigation. Next Dem president needs to have their entire circle under investigation for 2 years the precedent has been set. No need to even bring up any crimes don't by the actual president, just investigate them.

May 22, 2018
The sad thing about the whole ordeal is that some folks are already starting new conspiracy theories.

They are not going to accept the Mueller report if it doesn't arrive at the conclusion they had in mind before it began.

The whole point was to delegitimize Pres. Trump and hurl innuendo about who he works for. People are going to lash out if the fishing expedition doesn't deliver the goods.
I think that is gonna be a minority to be honest.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
You mean Manafort and Gates, both of whom are heavily connected to recent administrations?

What a big win. Mueller just finished the old investigation on Manafort. I bet that took a lot of work.
Well consider that he doesn't even care that there was no collusion, which is the entire point of the investigation.

This means that when a Democrat wins that a special counsoul can be set up to go after anyone in their circle and get them on any crimes. They don't even need a reason, no need for collusion charges or anything. Just investigate to prove that the Dems surround themselves with dirty people.

May 22, 2018
So when a Democrat gets in office next time lets set up a 2 year 10's of Billion dollar investigation
I can't tell if you are exaggerating or being serious.

The Mueller Investigation made a profit from its findings. It more than paid for itself. It didn't costs taxpayers anything and certainly didn't cost "billions" lol

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Not really expecting anything but we'll see.

pimentel1

Banned
Jul 22, 2018

—Weiner convicted for sexting a teen. He was in Clinton’s orbit.
—Black people being purged from NY polls to support Clinton over Bernie and thus rigging and shaping the election.
—Donna Brazile writes the DNC was rigged in Clinton's favor because her campaign was largely financing the party early on in the presidential election.
—Clinton didn’t fire a staffer after sexual harrassment. Let alone condemn her husband for taking advantage of an intern. Didn’t condemn Weinstein. Hmmm... wonder why.
—Loretta Lynch meeting with Clintons on the tarmac, when McCabe said it damaged their investigation into her emails.
—Asia Argento head of #metoo movement fucked and groomed a teen. Much like how Clinton tried to lead the women’s movement to cover up her own husbands deeds. Hmmm...

If she had been in office, good God how many of her people would have gone to jail.

—Kavanaugh accusers hoax
—Covington kids hoax
—Jussie Smollett hoax
—Democrat California in ruins with SF smelling like piss, massive homeless issues, cost of water and prices of items skyrocketing. $5 billion wasted on a train that was never finished. Massive wildfires that have killed over a hundred, displaced thousands because of a lack of forest management.
—Democrat New York losing 25,000 jobs because of Amazon pulling out due to Alexandria Oscaio-Cortez and Democrats idiots like her, when the majority of the NY public supported Amazon. Unneeded bike lanes clogging up traffic and even Democrats griping about it.

You better start praying to fucking God these last two years have not been one giant impeachment hoax because the people were fooled into supporting your party last election. They will not again.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I can't tell if you are exaggerating or being serious.

The Mueller Investigation made a profit from its findings. It more than paid for itself. It didn't costs taxpayers anything and certainly didn't cost "billions" lol
And when investigating a democrat that investigation can pay for itself too.

And since its all good to pay for things with the proceeds of crimes, You surely must agree with taking El Chapo's money and using it for the wall? Or blood money is only good when its used against Republicans?

Its funny because you say you never thought Mueller would take down Trump and was to cast doubt on Trumps admin and make it so he cant get his agenda done, the one he was elected to do.

So essentially what you are saying is you never really believed in any collusion but just wanted a witch hunt to make Trump look bad so he couldn't govern. That is one of the most anti-democratic and anti-american things I have read. This is hilarious and you are really showing your ass here.

Since I don't like Kamala Harris lets start an investigation for her colluding with the Chinese. I know an investigation will never find anything, but at least we can find some dirt on people she associates with and prevent her from becoming president. Lets do this for all the Democratic candidates while were at it. Or how about skipping that step and just jailing them off the jump.

If you never believed the investigation was going to prove collusion that means that you don't believe there was collusion (or Trump is the smartest man in the world) which means there was no reason for an investigation, outside of scoring political points and obstructing the president from fulfilling his mandate the American people elected him to do.

Nov 23, 2010
I think that is gonna be a minority to be honest.
You could be right. Maybe I'm watching too much TV and reading too much into what I'm seeing.

But it looks like the seeds are being planted for non-Trump supporters to turn on Mueller. This is after all the hoopla about Trump and his supporters discrediting the investigation and not accepting the final report.

To me, it's a lot like when people were so concerned Pres. Trump wouldn't accept the election results but it turns out his Democratic opponents were going to be the ones who had a problem accepting the outcome years later.

All I'm saying is that I get a deja vu feeling. Maybe I'm biased and wrong because I never thought Pres. Trump was a Russian agent or working for another country outside the US. But we will see.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
And when investigating a democrat that investigation can pay for itself too.

And since its all good to pay for things with the proceeds of crimes, You surely must agree with taking El Chapo's money and using it for the wall? Or blood money is only good when its used against Republicans?

Its funny because you say you never thought Mueller would take down Trump and was to cast doubt on Trumps admin and make it so he cant get his agenda done, the one he was elected to do.

So essentially what you are saying is you never really believed in any collusion but just wanted a witch hunt to make Trump look bad so he couldn't govern. That is one of the most anti-democratic and anti-american things I have read. This is hilarious and you are really showing your ass here.

Since I don't like Kamala Harris lets start an investigation for her colluding with the Chinese. I know an investigation will never find anything, but at least we can find some dirt on people she associates with and prevent her from becoming president. Lets do this for all the Democratic candidates while were at it. Or how about skipping that step and just jailing them off the jump.

If you never believed the investigation was going to prove collusion that means that you don't believe there was collusion (or Trump is the smartest man in the world) which means there was no reason for an investigation, outside of scoring political points and obstructing the president from fulfilling his mandate the American people elected him to do.
You are intentionally ignoring the fact that there were perfectly legitimate grounds to begin the investigation in the first place. This just wasn't made up BS like you are implying. Especially when it comes to Flynn and his various conflicts of interest. You are being intentionally absurd in order to obfuscate the discussion again by going off on a half baked tangent about shit that doesn't even exist in regards to Kamala Harris or whatever other unintelligible bullshit you are trying to spew and I am done trying to keep up with it.

Did I know that collusion was an impossibility? Not even close. There was enough smoke around Trump and his various associates to warrant an investigation.

Did I expect Mueller to catch Trump red handed? No. I am not quite that optimistic.

Did I expect the investigation to root out some of the illegal shit he or his various acquaintances have done over time? Absolutely. And thats exactly what he did. So that brings me back to be satisfied with what he accomplished.

Not sure what else I can say. But I am not gonna waste time and entertain your various made up "What ifs?" and "What abouts?"

We are just gonna have to wait for the full release.

Last edited:

pimentel1

Banned
Jul 22, 2018
You are intentionally ignoring the fact that there were perfectly legitimate grounds to begin the investigation in the first place. This just wasn't made up BS like you are implying. Especially when it comes to Flynn and his various conflicts of interest. You are being intentionally absurd in order to obfuscate the discussion again by going off on a half baked tangent about shit that doesn't even exist in regards to Kamala Harris or whatever other unintelligible bullshit you are trying to spew and I am done trying to keep up with it.

Did I know that collusion was an impossibility? Not even close. There was enough smoke around Trump and his various associates to warrant an investigation.

Did I expect Mueller to catch Trump red handed? No. I am not quite that optimistic.

Did I expect the investigation to root out some of the illegal shit he or his various acquaintances have done over time? Absolutely. And thats exactly what he did. So that brings me back to be satisfied with what he accomplished.

Not sure what else I can say. Now we are just gonna have to wait for the full release.

“I’m just glad we ruined his life” — Ariel Dumbass. Slogan of the Democrat party.

Zangiefy360

Cross Forum Drama ..........Queen
Aug 30, 2018
I look forward to your spin. Either you're going to have to admit President Trump is a mastermind that was able to think so far ahead that even a 2 year special counsel couldn't find anything, or he's innocent and did nothing wrong, making him the most vetted and therefore cleanest President in history. I wonder which it will be?

matt404au

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
Well now I’ve seen it all. NI crowing over the Mueller investigation because it made a profit. Because that’s what Special Counsel investigations are for. Jesus wept.

May 22, 2018
I look forward to your spin. Either you're going to have to admit President Trump is a mastermind that was able to think so far ahead that even a 2 year special counsel couldn't find anything, or he's innocent and did nothing wrong, making him the most vetted and therefore cleanest President in history. I wonder which it will be?
No I won't? lol

Its already been proven Trump has knowingly surrounded himself with bad people. I don't even need the Mueller report to prove that. His own staff decisions, firings, and resignations have done that for me. Thats not even mentioning his various other lies, manipulations, and misdeeds throughout his life.

Trump is not even REMOTELY "clean" as you put it lol To try pretend otherwise is frankly hilarious to me. We haven't had a "clean" President in the last 100 years as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:

matt404au

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
Uh oh, you know someone is about to throw their toys out of the pram when the BOLD ITALICS CAPS come out.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Its already been proven Trump has knowingly surrounded himself with bad people. I don't even need the Mueller report to prove that. His own staff decisions, firings, and resignations have done that for me. Thats not even mentioning his various other lies, manipulations, and misdeeds throughout his life.
So in other words, Trump was right and this was a witch hunt. People like you were never going to care what Mueller found. It was just about your own ego. You and your party are that petty

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

Not sure what else I can say. But I am not gonna waste time and entertain your various made up "What ifs?" and "What abouts?"

We are just gonna have to wait for the full release.
If you believe they were never going to catch Trump then why support the investigation? Why couldn't Mueller catch Trump on collusion? Is Mueller that bad or Trump that smart? You basically said you agree that the investigation was a waste. The entire point of the investigation was Collusion between TRUMP and Russia, not to find petty crimes his associates did years ago.

Why not investigate those men seperatly from Trump since the crimes weren't related to Trump? Why did Mueller have to have a special investigation into russian collusion to nab Manafort on tax and bank fraud charges why didn't he just go after Mueller on his own?

And again your entire reasons for supporting an investigation of DONALD TRUMP for Russian collusion was to put away people he associated with but had nothing to do with Russian collusion. Bro thats called a Witch Hunt. You only supported it because politically it made it difficult for Trump to govern. That is pretty much exactly what Trump says about the investigation and you proved his point.

And bringing up Harris or whatever is to throw you reasoning back at you. So it would be fine for an investigation on Kamala Harris or anyone other democrat even though we know we will never prove they colluded as long as we can show that their associates are dirty and ruin their chances of being president. Thats exactly why you supported Muellers investigation. You wanted Trump to look bad by association so he couldn't govern. Your words not mine.

Imagine if someone was being investigated for lynching a black man and all the investigation found out was his brother stole a pack of smokes 10 years ago and his uncle bounced a few checks. But they never could link the guy to the lynching but you are satisfied because at least a few of this guys associates went to jail for pretty crimes while the lyncher gets off scott free. This is your argument.

You never thought Trump colluded, you don't care that Mueller won't prove it, as long as Trump couldn't pass his agenda you are happy. How democratic of you. All thats left is for you to support locking up your political opponents in jail and you will have completed your final form.

bigedole

Mar 10, 2015
Austin, TX
I unignored NI because I missed the whole Smollet thread and I have to say, it is beyond me why any of the regular posters here continue to engage with him. There is no consistency of reason to his belief. It's simply whatever is best for his team, and he's happy to be a hypocrite in their cause.

Madonis

Oct 21, 2018
I'd expect it to have at least a couple of revelations but who knows if they won't be redacted to hell and back.

Either way, I agree that this isn't necessarily going to take down Trump. But it should make his inner circle look bad.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

Not so fast. Looks like we might have to wait a big longer.

What will happen first PS5 or Muellers report?

Also is it MEWller or MUller?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
Next week would have been odd considering Trump will be overseas.